Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Fri 28-Feb-20 06:09:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark, but a dry start here in Brackley this morning, was expecting to see rain or other in Brackley if forecast was right>
Today, small shop then see how day goes , may take a bus ride unsure at the moment or watch cycling on TV this morning.
Mick

Grammaretto Fri 28-Feb-20 19:08:12

Thanks kittylester I want to see them. I presume I have had cp. I can't remember having it but all our DC had it and I didn't catch it.
One DGC is getting over it, the other is incubating it. However DH is having cancer treatment so probably best to avoid exposure cuddles

kittylester Fri 28-Feb-20 14:27:21

Congratulations conor. Lovely news!

No gramaretto but you can give someone cp if you have shingles.

My DD3 and her lot have had chickenpox so I have been avoiding them as I have never had it.

conor Fri 28-Feb-20 13:59:43

Thank you all for your good wishes! So lovely to share good news. I have been shopping this morning in the rain and bought quite a lot of pink. Mum and baby hope to be home later today and only live 5 minutes away so will have lots of cuddles xxxx

Grammaretto Fri 28-Feb-20 13:51:28

Congratulations conor such wonderful news ❤
Our little people have chicken pox so we will be avoiding them this weekend. Can you catch shingles from cp?

moggie Fri 28-Feb-20 13:08:52

Congratulations conor on the safe arrival of your granddaughter.

Urmstongran Fri 28-Feb-20 11:37:30

You don’t sound any more upbeat whywhywhy than a few days ago. You sound low in yourself.
?

EllanVannin Fri 28-Feb-20 11:23:55

Good Morning All x
A miserable wet morning with a bit of a breeze blowing making it feel colder than it is.
Mustering up the oomph to wash paintwork/tiles in the kitchen. I've been meaning to do it for a while now as well as slinging out " things " which are cluttering the worktops. I'll get there eventually. smile

I love reading about Mommawolf and her "menagerie" and the pic of the pup looks like one of my cats who is a part-Persian with the same colouring----and she's ruined !

Sorry to hear Dragonfly has had a worrying side-effect of her chemo but I'm sure the staff will keep an eye on that. It's usually the type of chemo that's used that can cause it. Hope all goes well for you x

Rest up Marydoll or you'll meet yourself coming back, take it easy.
Hoping the Gillybobs didn't have too bad a night. xx

A coffee now then I'll get cracking with the kitchen sad
Stay well everyone and keep warm. Enjoy whatever you intend doing.

whywhywhy Fri 28-Feb-20 11:17:24

Good morning from a very wet Market Harborough.

Sending love and hugs to the Gillybobs and all who are suffering, depressed or just plain fed up today.
X

flowersfromheaven Fri 28-Feb-20 11:12:48

Good Morning from a sleeting Sheffield.

Nortsat46 Fri 28-Feb-20 11:11:01

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a grey and wet east London.
Grammaretto thank you for your ?yesterday, much appreciated and ‘right back at ya’ ?

My friend and I had lunch in the community cafe in a park ... the sun shone, the daffodils and crocuses were out, lots of mums and babies and dog walkers ... couldn’t have been better.

My poor partner has recently had an operation on his hand and yesterday he tripped, put his hand out to save himself and caused an injury to his tender scar. It looked like a blood bath, but mercifully looked worse than it was (phew).

Thinking of all who are facing challenges today and special good thoughts to BladeAnnie, the Gillybobs, Dragonfly, congratulations to Conor. Mommawolf your photo of the puppy yesterday really made me smile.

Have the best day you can, all ?

hulahoop Fri 28-Feb-20 10:56:36

Congratulations Conor on the safe arrival of your grandaughter I love having a baby to cuddle . Hope all goes well with your chemo sorry to hear about clot on lungs . It's raining here in west Yorks so doing housework today .

Kalu Fri 28-Feb-20 10:53:53

Good morning from a damp looking Glasgow.

A quick shop and hairdressers today. I’m still coughing too Marydoll so I started using First Defence nasal spray which my lovely GP says her mother swears by.

Oh Mommawolf I could cuddle your puppy all day but as it is a working dog, I know that’s no no. Good,luck with the training.

Good to hear your day went better than you thought it would BladeAnnie
Almost there Dragonfly Wishing you a positive outcome at the end of this journey.
Lovely news Conor Congratulations and enjoy all those cuddles with your new bundle of joy.
Thinking of you gilly

Best wishes to all and hoping you day goes well.

Ginny42 Fri 28-Feb-20 10:47:03

Very late good morning from a very wet Cheshire as I've been dealing with 'issues'. A demand for payment from the Council to my poorly friend which I made on her behalf weeks ago, but no sorry from the other end! Just said, 'I can confirm the account is clear'. Grrrr! Then placed an Ocado order so I don't have to go over to her today in this rain/sleet.

Got an appointment with the GP to try to find why my hair is falling out, but other than that, just staying in the warmth of home. I have minutes of a meeting to write up and an item for a newsletter.

Many good wishes to all who are unwell or coping with treatments. Special wishes to MrG and Gilly, Dragonfly and Marydoll and Anniebach. Take good care of yourselves. flowers

Whatever you may have planned for the day, hope it's a good one.

Applegran Fri 28-Feb-20 10:46:39

Good morning from a very wet north Somerset. I had thought of going to the Greta Thunberg rally and march in Bristol today - but the weather and the huge numbers of people expected have put me off. I will do what I can for the environment - maybe my not marching will not matter.

Funnygran Fri 28-Feb-20 10:45:13

Good morning from South Yorkshire where the snow is coming down thick and fast. I don’t think it’s going to settle as the ground is wet but it’s so cold outside and DH has done the morning dog walk. Reading about people clearing and sorting stuff, it’s exactly what I am doing. We’re decorating and had to empty a cupboard to move it and I’m amazed how much has accumulated over the years. I’ve decided to be ruthless - kids have taken some glasses and vases and the rest is in bags to go to our hospice shop. If I don’t take it soon I will be changing my mind and putting things back in the cupboard!

Auntieflo Fri 28-Feb-20 10:10:32

Good morning Michael, and Annie , here's hoping that you are feeling a bit better today, after yesterday.
Yesterday I continued with my slow clear out of 'stuff'. No doubt I shall collect more, but am really trying not to.
I have nothing planned for today but pottering and deciding what to make for dinner tonight. Yesterday I made fish pie and it was lovely. Bonus was , there was enough to make one for the freezer.
I need to get some of those little 3 pin hooks that bang into a wall, for hanging small pictures. I had 2 on Command hooks, but one fell down, and the wall looks so bare without them to look at. I suppose I shouldn't have put those hooks onto wallpaper, so it was lucky nothing was broken.
Marydoll, your Hot X buns sound so tasty. I just made a tea loaf cake. Super recipe and never seems to fail.
Sorry to hear that you are having problems Dragonfly. You are so uncomplaining of your treatment.
Gillybob, sending all best wishes to you and Mr G.
Well, enough waffling on, must get my act together and get on.
Have a good day one and all.

Urmstongran Fri 28-Feb-20 10:03:41

Congratulations conor on the safe arrival of your baby granddaughter! ?

I hope some of yesterday’s anxieties have lessened for you this morning Anniebach. x

GrannyGravy13 Fri 28-Feb-20 09:46:22

Congratulations Conor a new baby girl, I see lots of cuddles on the horizon smile (I have our five month GS on my lap at the moment he is soundo)

BladeAnnie Fri 28-Feb-20 09:34:10

Conor - congratulations x

lavenderzen Fri 28-Feb-20 09:32:08

Good morning everyone. Cold, wet and the road is blocked! So not sure about shopping today.
Hope you are feeling stronger today Annie. Hope everyone is well. All with worries and illness start to improve.
Congratulations Conor on your new grandchild.
Thinking about all who are struggling.

harrigran Fri 28-Feb-20 09:24:35

Good morning from a cold and overcast NE.
I have an appointment with the practice nurse at lunchtime then I think I will spend the afternoon making soup.
Thinking of the gillybobs. Take care Marydoll.
I can empathise with dragonfly, I was on my very last chemo when I developed a pulmonary embolism and they stopped it and was put on anticoagulants.

Grandmafrench Fri 28-Feb-20 09:20:37

Morning everyone. Fixing the garden gate and cutting a hedge. No wind and sunny which is just the weather to be outside. To all who are suffering ill health or sadness, wishing hard for you that it works out o.k. - and soon. Look forward to Spring everyone, it won't be long now, new sunbeams, new plants and new life. Congratulations to Conor - some very good news for you! Stay safe all. flowers

Mapleleaf Fri 28-Feb-20 09:17:36

Good morning all,

It's a grey, dull morning today, as greyduster reports - such a contrast to yesterday. Rain/sleet is expected this afternoon which we just don't need!

Marydoll, no, you are not being a bad grandmother - at the moment you need to build up to things gradually. ?

To all with worries or I'll health, I hope today brings you a little bit of sunshine.

Many congratulations conor on the arrival of your new grand daughter. Lovely news. ??

vena11 Fri 28-Feb-20 09:15:07

Good morning all still raining here whats new.
Going out to lunch today.
dragonfly thinking of you, you are nearly there.
coner congratulation.
I hope everyone has a good day.

Scentia Fri 28-Feb-20 09:09:46

Congratulations Conor. A beautiful grand daughter. ??