Gransnet forums

Chat

Whitney Houston hollogram

(10 Posts)
Fiachna50 Sun 01-Mar-20 00:23:03

Not for me. I think it is disrespectful and creepy. Id rather attend a tribute concert or even watch old music videos of Whitney. What a God given, wonderful talent she had. Love her music still.

Chestnut Sat 29-Feb-20 23:05:07

I would rather they showed a live concert of the person or group on a big movie screen with stereophonic sound. That would be as close to the real thing as you could get, and better than watching it on your TV. I wish they would do this in cinemas.

MissAdventure Sat 29-Feb-20 22:57:59

It really gives me the creeps, although I'm not usually the sensitive type.

Chewbacca Sat 29-Feb-20 22:50:05

I've just been reading the Will Gompertz review of this and it wasn't very positive. I'm not sure I'd be able to fully invest in a show where I knew that the star attraction had been dead 8 years. And I felt the same way when Natalie Cole released a record that had her father, Nat King Cole, dubbed in the chorus.

TrendyNannie6 Sat 29-Feb-20 22:14:40

No not for me

kittylester Fri 28-Feb-20 11:23:58

We went to see Roy Orbison in hologram form a couple of years ago.

Initially it was wonderful to see and hear him but after a couple of songs it was really weird.

On the way out, lots of people seemed to be underwhelmed and the applause was very muted after the first couple of songs.

I wouldn't go again.

MissAdventure Fri 28-Feb-20 10:23:15

Absolutely horrible, I think.

tanith Fri 28-Feb-20 10:21:36

Someone’s going to make money that’s for sure it’s very creepy too.

endlessstrife Fri 28-Feb-20 10:20:04

Haven’t seen it, but it sounds like what they did with Les Dawson. Was a bit weird to be honest.

Smiley4 Fri 28-Feb-20 10:02:52

Has anyone seen this? What do you think?
Much as I admired her as a singer, I find it a bit creepy.