Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Friday

(6 Posts)
Rufus2 Fri 28-Feb-20 13:05:04

My cup runneth over! Having spent the past 2 weeks with lovely nurses in hospital followed by home visits by equally lovely nurses and carers, I've spent the evening watching, on TV, the lovely English and Pakistani ladies playing cricket in a freezing cold Canberra. As you know by now England won!
Hooray! wink English bowler took 5 wkts., named Anya Shrubsole! Now there's a name that's not easy to forget; what area would that come from?
Odd remark by cricket commentator this evening!: "that ball was much straighter"! Meaning; ? the previous ball was only straight or possibly less straighter! hmm

Talking names; nobody's updated me on what Jo Joyner is up to these days; has a new series of Eastenders started or "repeats"; And also Shakespeare and Hathaway.!?
I'm shortly to find out if my comp. has remembered Feb 29.
Was just about to comment again about that AIBU thread on how stupid it is, but not allowed! sad Hope nobody got injured.
Thought your drinkies were rather tame after I mentioned my "cuppa",; then realised the time over there! But Cointreau!?
Yep! It's now Feb.29th.!
OoRoo

grannysue05 Fri 28-Feb-20 13:35:17

Its Leap Year Rufus.......

Do you realise that the ladies may propose to you?

rafichagran Fri 28-Feb-20 13:57:41

Good afternoon Rufus, you may well get a leap year proposal.

Megs36 Fri 28-Feb-20 17:01:24

Not East Enders, Rufus,new series of Shakespeare and Hathaway though.Years ago Joy was a nurse in a really funny hospital programme , All nurses from that have been in other things .
Good luck in the Leap Year stakes. ??

Oopsadaisy3 Fri 28-Feb-20 20:33:48

Hi Rufus
Bit late for Friday evening, it’s probably Saturday morning?

I expect you’ve been proposed to already! Just don’t rush into anything grin

Are your ears behaving? Mine are getting there

Hope the weather is good with you, damp and breezy over here, have a good day

angie95 Fri 28-Feb-20 20:37:27

I hope you have had a good day