Gransnet forums

Chat

HOME OFFICE BOSS JUST RESIGNED!

(8 Posts)
EllanVannin Sat 29-Feb-20 14:30:58

I've said it before----she's a horrible woman ! A bully.

Nezumi65 Sat 29-Feb-20 14:12:22

His resignation speech is worth listening to www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51687287

I have never known such an awful government. I am disappointed that moderate Tories aren’t calling out the behaviour of this dreadful government. They can’t all be extreme right wingers?

Riverwalk Sat 29-Feb-20 13:03:12

That's quite a step for an Establishment figure.

Interesting times!

rafichagran Sat 29-Feb-20 11:41:43

Yes I agree MaizieD

MaizieD Sat 29-Feb-20 11:33:36

I should think the fact that he was in a top post would indicate that he was good at his job, curlywurly.

Curlywhirly Sat 29-Feb-20 11:23:47

Well, we don't know whether he was good at his job or not; lots of people give Civil Servants a bad press, but the reality is they provide a vital service. I worked in Local Goverment all my life and it was much the same there, lots of disparaging comments. But as in any job, there were those who I wouldn't have paid in counters, but I had lots of colleagues who worked very hard, were dedicated and thought nothing of going the extra mile to help customers.

eazybee Sat 29-Feb-20 10:21:11

For one moment I thought you meant Priti Patel!.
One Sir Humphrey down, many more to go.
Good.

Curlywhirly Sat 29-Feb-20 10:10:46

Oh dear, it's not looking good for Priti Patel - Philip Rutnam has just given a damning speech regarding her behaviour and has resigned his post and says he will sue the Government.