Gransnet forums

Chat

The most important question yet!

(81 Posts)
Artdecogran Sun 01-Mar-20 11:57:59

Do you dress your top or bottom part first when getting dressed in the morning? Tried getting dressed the other way round this morning and it felt really odd. Just a lighthearted question for fun instead of doom and gloom.

merlotgran Sun 01-Mar-20 18:34:18

Bottom half first unless I've just got out of the shower and then it's the other way round.

Not sure why that is.

SalsaQueen Sun 01-Mar-20 18:52:38

In order -

knickers
bra
trousers
socks

annep1 Sun 01-Mar-20 19:40:57

I run from the shower with bath sheet round me and switch on the blow heater on top of the drawers beside bed (and yes we have central heating) and dry in front of it. Then dry hair, put various creams, tanning moisturiser on and dry hair. Make up next, then pants bra trousers top and slippers. Then perfume and jewellery. I don't put socks on until I'm going out. Then I rehang all the discarded tops on the bed which I have decided not to wear.

Hetty58 Sun 01-Mar-20 19:56:47

Neither! I have a lovely heated floor in the shower room, so it's underwear on, brush teeth, do deodorant, then either top or bottom first, no rush. If and when I move house I'll have a heated floor as top priority!

SirChenjin Sun 01-Mar-20 20:52:38

Knickers
Bra
Vest top or thermal top
Tights if I’m wearing them, socks if not
Jeans/trousers/dress depending on where I’m going
Top if no dress

Callistemon Sun 01-Mar-20 21:01:28

Top undies, bottom half then top, then socks.
All over the place, really hmm not very efficient at all.
Sometimes I try to sort my hair out before I put on the top upper layer.

A question I asked the other day:
Do you put left sock/shoe on first or the right one?

TwiceAsNice Sun 01-Mar-20 21:03:24

Knickers then body butter all over, face moisturiser and deodorant then bra. Tights if I’m going to work then dress or top and skirt in that order.
Non working days underwear as before then socks then top and trousers . Earings and perfume last. Makeup if going to work, not if I’m staying at home although never go out without lipstick whatever the day

TwiceAsNice Sun 01-Mar-20 21:04:27

Always put left sock on first and shoes

Callistemon Sun 01-Mar-20 22:05:21

Yes, apparently most people put their left sock and shoe on first.

Anniebach Sun 01-Mar-20 22:22:56

Knickers
Trousers
Socks

BlueBelle Sun 01-Mar-20 22:31:12

No always right sock for me but I m going to have to watch what I do in the morning as I don’t think I have a routine but probable now in the wintertime it’s top then bottom so
Contacts in before I get out of bed then shower, I think it ll be bra first, then jumper, knicks and jeggins, socks last but I m going to watch in the morning as I can’t be sure
No central heating so it’s all done quite quickly ?

Grammaretto Sun 01-Mar-20 23:13:30

Hot shower, knickers first then bra. Then top, bottom, socks (rt foot first)
then more layers. Shoes, find specs, brush hair, clean teeth etc.

Allegretto Sun 01-Mar-20 23:45:34

Knickers
Jewellery
Bra (I’m a swizzler and bra works better after knickers-on and jewellery-on time to allow top half to be well dried)
Jeans or whatever
Socks
Jewellery
Perfume
Makeup
Shoes

Coolgran65 Mon 02-Mar-20 00:56:45

Knickers, bra. Back into dressing gown while I do face and hair.
Then trousers, top, socks, slippers. Earrings.

If going out I'd add watch and rings. Change into shoes.

absent Mon 02-Mar-20 01:45:43

It depends what I am going to wear and whether one or both cats are lying on top of some garment.

ninathenana Mon 02-Mar-20 07:27:00

I'm surprised how many of you wear socks every day even when your not leaving the house. When I get home and take my shoes off the socks come off too.

Hetty58 Mon 02-Mar-20 08:00:26

Unless there's a heatwave and it's sandal time I just don't feel right without socks. Maybe that's because I wear indoor shoes and boots rather than slippers.

M0nica Mon 02-Mar-20 08:06:33

ninathenana you clearly do not suffer from cold. I have Reynauds Syndrome in my fingers, and my feet tend to be very cold.

Our house is old and the underlying floor substrate is concrete and despite wood flooring and rugs I wear tights, thermal socks and clog style shoes around the house.

DH used to go bare foot indoors, but nowadays, while he doesn't wear socks, he does wear slippers.

SirChenjin Mon 02-Mar-20 08:07:29

My feet are always cold, so unless it’s a warm day I always wear socks. I even wear them in bed!

Urmstongran Mon 02-Mar-20 08:12:49

Bottom half first.
Left foot first.

BlueBelle Mon 02-Mar-20 08:13:55

sirchenjin you’re not alone on that one always wear them too
Well you ll be totally thrilled to know I took account of how I do it this morning now whether it happens the same every day I m not sure the scientific test hasn’t been going long enough
So lie in bed, contacts in, hop out of bed into shower, during shower wash hair, clean teeth, jump out of shower into bedroom, bra on, Knick’s on , jumper on, trousers on sock on, right foot first
Now I know you are all whooping with delight that I ve worked a procedure out ... you can calm down now

sodapop Mon 02-Mar-20 08:45:34

Guilty secret here, no time to have a shower first thing as the dogs are waiting to go out. Our garden is not attached to the house so have to walk them straight away. After I get back and have breakfast I do some jobs then have a shower. Dirty girl !!

Lavazza1st Mon 02-Mar-20 09:53:00

Such a funny thread grin
For me it depends how many extra pounds Im carrying, how body confident Im feeling, whether Im alone or not and whether its time of the month lol

Rufus2 Mon 02-Mar-20 10:03:53

What on earth are hubbies, or others, doing during these performances? hmm
Summertime here, so I leap out of bed starkers and continue to pad around the house; when nurses arrive I'll be wearing a smile; they are always saying they've seen it all before!; on shopping days I'll be in T-shirt, shorts and thongs, and jocks, of course! Don't care in what order!shock
OoRoo

SirChenjin Mon 02-Mar-20 10:21:27

Sleeping OoRoo - I leave for work before DH smile