Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Mon 02-Mar-20 06:09:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its wet here in Brackley this morning.
Mind you the days are starting to open up with more daylight.
Today, a general stay in clean up , and maybe some banking.
Mick

whywhywhy Mon 02-Mar-20 11:37:45

Thank you Urmstongran, I do feel a bit better today. I’ve just been out for a 20 minute walk and this is something I am going to try and do each day.x

ann678tifney Mon 02-Mar-20 11:37:02

Morning to everyone. At work but feeling very tired. We were out last night and my DH took bad just before we came home. After an hour and a Call to 111, an ambulance was being sent. 3 hours later it arrived and he then went to hospital. So I didn't get to bed until 4.am. He is ok, just a call to say he can come home, do DD going to pick him up. Glad your DH has had a better weekend Gillybob, and I am also very said about the news about Mommawolf, its true that you never know what is round the corner!!

Urmstongran Mon 02-Mar-20 11:32:24

Back from the hygienist. A good appointment.

I like popping back to catch up with the late morning posts. You seem a tad more upbeat today whywhywhy which is pleasing.

Gosh gillybob 5am! I didn’t know there were two 5 o’clocks in one day....
?

Will be taking birthday cards over to my stepfather when we go to pick him up. I buy something ‘flat’ to pop in each card - a packet of seeds, a coaster with a funny message, a couple of scratch cards - you get the drift. I only spend a fiver and I like to think the birthday recipient just gets a small sweet surprise!

EllanVannin Mon 02-Mar-20 11:09:46

Good Morning All x.
A lovely morning too. Chilly and a bit of scraping going on first thing I noticed, but sunny and bright. So much so, I changed my bed, got the washing on, started cleaning the windows as the lightness shows up marks etc, then did what I always do---flitted from one job to another without getting one job finished completely, so here I am sitting writing this !

Then on taking my morning pills realised that I only had two days of warfarin, so how that happened I don't know. I've just set-to and ordered said pills so hopefully they'll be delivered on Wednesday. I'm usually on the ball with those if nothing else.

Birthday wishes to Susan56 x, enjoy your time in Liverpool---perhaps DH can visit the massive warship which is in dock this week.
Congratulations to babies born and those who are imminent, always a lovely time if not a slightly anxious one too.

Thoughts to those who have appointments/check-ups etc, Marydoll, Dragonfly and the Gillybob's forthcoming one xx

Thinking of Mommawolf's family too and all the animals who'll be missing her. What a tragedy that was sad

Enjoy these lengthier and lighter days, Spring is on its way.

Kalu Mon 02-Mar-20 10:45:31

Just back from our invigorating dog walk and ready for some hot chocolate.

Popped back in to wish you a very Happy Birthday Susan56?.

whywhywhy Mon 02-Mar-20 09:59:17

Good morning from a sunny Market Harborough.

I still cannot get over the sad new yesterday of Mommawolf. It was good of Hannah to let us know. I'm quite new to posting on here but her stories were lovely. I used to want to just sit in her warm kitchen and listen to her all day. So very sad.

Sending love and hugs to Gillybob and all who are suffering. Special hugs for Hannah.

Harris27 Mon 02-Mar-20 09:46:27

Good morning happy birthday susan56 I had a lovely time turning 60 in January. Still thinking of mamawolf so shocked. Have the best day you can all. Off to work soon had lovely weekend saw the cinder path at the customs house yesterday was very good can recommend.

Baggs Mon 02-Mar-20 09:41:01

Morning, folks! Still raining in Argyll. We are used to a lot of rain but we are ready for it to stop for a while. Had I been able to get on with some serious gardening jobs, I'd have been going demented by now so I guess even a broken shoulder can have a positive side ?. Hey ho.

I am managing to do small amounts of scrappy/arty patchwork, a few minutes at a time on the machine. MrB has been working from home a lot and he actually enjoys chopping onions and other veg. This has been a great help. Yesterday he did the chopping for my signature carrot & tahini soup and the bread machine made some nice bread. Looking forward to lunch already!

Happy Mondays, Good Morningers!

Pantglas2 Mon 02-Mar-20 09:35:34

Morning all from a sunny north Wales where I’m still a bit discombobulated after yesterday’s news about Mommawolf - just couldn’t get my head around the fact that she was posting on Saturday evening and now we’ve lost her. Life is so unfair at times.

A belated happy St David’s Day to all and happy birthday Susan56 that sounds like a marvellous treat! And a baby soon to arrive oliversnana how lovely - we need cheering news this week!

I’m just pottering this morning and meeting my oldest friend for tea and cake this afternoon- we walked a mile to primary school together at the age of four - those were the days eh!

Hope all with worries have a good day flowers

gillybob Mon 02-Mar-20 09:35:26

Who can resist buying baby outfits conor? There are so many gorgeous little things to get these days . I’m sure you’ll get lots and lots of cuddles in the coming weeks .
Belated Congratulations as I think I must’ve missed her arrival smile

conor Mon 02-Mar-20 09:28:08

Good morning from a grey Essex sky. Busy day yesterday at my DSs house as new baby granddaughter had lots of visitors! I did have to go down the pecking order for cuddles but happy just looking at her. I managed to only buy 1 outfit for her yesterday but will stop now!!! Housework and a local shop today. Wishing everyone the best day they can and hoping for thatsunshinexxxx

vena11 Mon 02-Mar-20 09:26:19

Good morning from Bristol cold and dry with a blue sky.
We have had a leaking roof over the weekend and the shed roof is also leaking, but never mind worse things have happened. it can get sorted.
Happy birthday Susan,
I hope all goes well Oliversgran so exciting.
I hope every one has a good day.

Mapleleaf Mon 02-Mar-20 09:09:03

P,S. What lovely news Oliversgran. Congratulations.?

Mapleleaf Mon 02-Mar-20 09:07:52

Good morning all,

It's bright and frosty here today and also so far, it's calm!

Today must be the day for dentists as I've got an appointment for a filling later - the first of two. (They are on either side of my jaw so can't be done together). Not had a filling since aged about 11 and that wasn't a pleasant experience as the dentist then was none too gentle. I hope it's a better experience this time round.

Happy birthday Susan. Enjoy your celebrations! ???

Yes, it was such sad news yesterday about mommawolf and her DH - so tragic. A very difficult time ahead for the family, and they are in my thoughts as they are with so many GNs.

Take care, everyone.

Willynilly Mon 02-Mar-20 09:05:56

Good morning Mick et al from a frosty East Mids.
Just the usual here today. A few domestic jobs, dog walking and pottering.

Hope all goes well Marydoll, and best wishes to Oliversnana and Susan.

Have a lovely day folks x

gillybob Mon 02-Mar-20 09:05:18

Good morning from the NE coast where we had a bit of a frosty start to Monday ( my first worst day of the week) .

Like others I have never stopped thinking of Mommawolf and her family . Her posts were a breath of fresh air and she will be sadly missed.
It just doesn’t seem right posting about my mundane life .

DH has had a comfortable weekend . Spent mostly asleep . New painkillers obviously working but making him very sleepy . Hospital appointment arrived for tomorrow ( Tuesday ) and we have to be there for 08.30 am . We will hit the worst traffic in the city centre and will probably have to be up at 5am to make it on time .

Happy Birthday Susan . I hope you have a lovely day . It’s my eldest DGD’s birthday today too. smile

Hoping for some lovely new baby news to cheer us up tomorrow then Oliversnana . Hope all goes well .

Have a good day everyone .

Love Gillybob x

BladeAnnie Mon 02-Mar-20 09:00:19

Good morning everyone - I too have had Mommawolf on my mind and it just brings home how very precious life is. I was due to meet a friend for coffee today but she is unwell so I will have a quiet day as I have hospital appointments on the next 3 days. Hoping Marydoll's appointment goes well. May Monday be kind to us all x

Anniebach Mon 02-Mar-20 08:53:30

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

GrannySomerset Mon 02-Mar-20 08:43:58

Enjoying tea and pills before getting DH ready for the day ahead, which is dominated by an appointment with a consultant to discuss getting a cataract sorted. It’s in his good eye (of course!) and he really needs to see better than he does at present. He is prone to falls and not seeing properly is not helping.

Then domestic and admin tasks and choir practice this evening to start preparations for Easter.

Sending good wishes to all those with a challenging or unhappy day ahead, especially Marydoll and Gillybob who have particular difficulties to contend with.

moggie Mon 02-Mar-20 08:42:25

Good morning Mick & all from frosty, bright start in Nottingham.
Ironing this morning. Optician appointment this afternoon.
Happy Birthday Susan56
Best wishes for new arrival oliversnana.
Hope all not well or struggling have a better day.
Have a good day everyone.

ItzyBitzy Mon 02-Mar-20 08:37:21

I can’t stop thinking about Mommawolf either. I can’t believe that it’s not even been in the news, surely they deserve more.

Nortsat46 Mon 02-Mar-20 08:33:41

Morning Mick and the GM team, from a grey East London.
I have been thinking of Mommawolf and her family and the magnitude of their loss.
And of Oldgaijin too. ?

Consultant appointment at Barts Hospital for me this morning.
Then possibly our dear stray cat to the vet ...

Have the best day you can, all. Good wishes to all in the GM sick bay.

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 02-Mar-20 08:27:31

Good morning from east London, dull and grey although the mornings seem to be pulling out very quickly. I had thought about a swim this morning as I’m not playing tennis later, but the will is not there. Perhaps tomorrow. I’m back into town at lunchtime to meet a couple of people I haven’t seen for some time/years; quite exciting and a change from swopping comments on social media. Hope you have a reasonable day.

harrigran Mon 02-Mar-20 08:23:03

Good morning from a sunny but cold NE.
My sister and I are going to visit our cousin in a nursing home, she is at the very end of her life and her youngest DD is with her 24 hours a day.
My thoughts have been about Mommawolf's DD and how gillybob is managing.
Best wishes to all.

BlueBelle Mon 02-Mar-20 08:21:15

Morning everyone cold grey and damp start here in Suffolk
Congrats on the new baby oliversnana
Happy birthday susan
Off to have a pub lunch with a couple of friends otherwise more clearing up (trying to tidy all my spare clutter rooms) I feel I need to get rid of so much before I disappear from the world I don’t want to leave it all to my poor daughter to do ....on that happy note I ll have a coffee
Have a good one everyone