Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(56 Posts)
12Michael Tue 03-Mar-20 06:11:43

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight here in Brackley but its cold and a frosty start to the day.
Usual day , housework, then get buses and have a few hours away from home.
I usually see people I have got to know on the local bus to Buckingham ,and chat.
The area on my bus routes is slowly changing with work on HS2 in its early stages being done.
Mick

Brunette10 Tue 03-Mar-20 08:05:13

Good Morning from a lovely bright Fife, so nice to see the sun. DGS1 not well at all since last Wed and has still not recovered. He has tonsillitis, poor wee soul. We took DGS2 yesterday to lend a hand, it's upsetting to see wee ones not well but hopefully it'l pass soon. Out with friend for coffee/chat this morning. Still not tried new car but will hopefully get out today. Glad everything went well yesterday Marydoll. Thinking of everyone with worries/illnesses. Look after ourself - take care.

Kalu Tue 03-Mar-20 08:10:09

Good news oliversnana and a loving welcome to your new grandson.

Baggs Tue 03-Mar-20 08:11:06

Morning, folks! Waking at sunrise with a songthrush shouting away at the bottom of the garden is soul boosting experience. Showers are forecast for later but compared with what we have been getting weatherwise, it'll be a smashing day.

Happy Tuesday, all.

Lins1066 Tue 03-Mar-20 08:15:16

Good Morning from a cloudy S Welsh coast.
I have conjunctivitis and didn't sleep well.
Congratulations on the new GS oliversnana, that's a good weight.
Have a good day all.

Marydoll Tue 03-Mar-20 08:18:02

Congratulations, oliversnana!

NannyJan53 Tue 03-Mar-20 08:22:36

Congratulations oliversnana

Greyduster Tue 03-Mar-20 08:23:55

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A lovely sunny start in South Yorkshire but COLD!!! It was a bright day yesterday but on the way home from DD’s it went very dark and we had the mother and father of a snow storm! Nothing planned for today except a trip to the bank on the way to the school run.
Welcome to your new grandson oliversnan! Kind thoughts to all who are ill or troubled. Have the best day you can folks.

Susan56 Tue 03-Mar-20 08:24:38

Good morning from Liverpool.A drizzly start with a slight mist over the river.
Thank you for all the birthday wishes.I had a lovely day and am looking forward to a day in the city today.I left Liverpool when I was 24,it has changed so much but can still just about find my way around.The Royal Navy aircraft carrier,HMS Prince of Wales is on its first visit to Liverpool.All tour tickets are sold but we will go down to have a look and a quick trip to Liverpool One is on the cards.
Congratulations on the new arrival oliversnana????
Glad everything went well yesterday Mary and pleased you can delay the new treatment until after your daughters wedding.
Hope Mr gilly has a successful appointment today and also BladeAnnie.
Sending good wishes to dragonfly,Lins and anyone else with illness and other worries.

Nannytopsy Tue 03-Mar-20 08:25:47

Congratulations oliversnan!
Baggs I was greeted by a large rat on the bird table this mo, not a song thrush!

Auntieflo Tue 03-Mar-20 08:31:52

Good morning Michael, Annie and all, from a bright and sunny Berks.
I actually managed to get some washing dried outside yesterday, and it stayed on the line. Then we had to collect a prescription for blood thinners for DH. Dr says he has a blockage in his leg that is causing the pain. Afterwards we had coffee in a store, but all the loos were Out of Order, except the baby changing one, where there was a distinct lack of soap!
Recently, I had asked on Freecycle, if anyone had a card table that they wanted to re-home, and had a reply offering one. DD collected it and we picked it up from her yesterday. It is lovely, just right, and I have set it up in front of the window, where it gets natural light. Then when I am not using it, it can be collapsed and stored behind the sofa when I am not jigsaw-ing.
During the afternoon, DH had an X-ray scheduled. I drove there and back, and got us home without taking a wrong turing on a horrible roundabout. Success.
Marydoll, nice to hear you had some time for retail therapy, and enjoyed your meal, even if it wasn't where you wanted to be.
This afternoon is my volunteering time which I always look forward to, so hope we will be busy.
Wondering how the Gillybobs are, as I didn't see any news yesterday.
Congratulations to the new GC Oliversnana. Best wishes to all those who are under the weather.
Have a good day one and all

NfkDumpling Tue 03-Mar-20 08:34:45

Morning All

Another bright, but very chilly morning here in the north of Norfolk.

A busy day sorting ponies and GC sounds wonderful oliversnana. I shall be attending a crochet morning at our local library. I used to crochet a very long while ago, but have forgotten which stitch is which and how to interpret patterns.

Have a good day everyone.

Harris27 Tue 03-Mar-20 08:35:58

Good morning congratulations oliversnana on your new grandson. Another day of work which keeps me busy! Off tomorrow as I have check up at hospital. Getting dressed up for book day and trying to sort out fit out! Have a good day all.

Anniebach Tue 03-Mar-20 08:56:04

Good morning Auntyflo and all

Congratulations oliversnanna.

Brunette10 Tue 03-Mar-20 08:57:03

oliversnana - so sorry for delay! Congratulations, how lovely for you all. flowers

Grammaretto Tue 03-Mar-20 09:00:43

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Springlike here and I managed to get the washing dry out on the line yesterday.
Yoga this morning and a vegan meal tonight for visiting family. Must look at the vegan thread for ideas.

An Italian meal is long overdue for a GN meetup, surely Marydoll

Thinking of you BladeAnnie, and Dragonfly and any others who have appointments and the Gillybobs.

How wonderful Oliversnana to be welcoming a new DGS.

brook2704 Tue 03-Mar-20 09:02:26

Congratulations oliversnana on your new baby GS !

harrigran Tue 03-Mar-20 09:03:26

Good morning from a dry and bright NE.
Yesterday was a lovely day so we decided to do a big shop at Waitrose as I had lots of vouchers to use up. I stocked up on wine and store cupboard items I can never find in my local supermarket.
The new dishwasher is being fitted today, the time slot is between four and seven this afternoon. DH will have to do the school run himself as GD needs picking up from after school club.
Thinking of the gillybobs and others with troubles.

GrannySomerset Tue 03-Mar-20 09:06:10

Still and sunny at present but probably not for long. DH has a lunch today and a friend will take him so I am seizing the chance to meet friends and catch up with life.

DH’s appointment yesterday with an incredibly glamorous consultant means he will get his cataract done in two weeks so I am sure that will make life easier for him - and therefore me.

Glad to hear that Marydoll has positive plans for her treatment. Just need the same for MrGillybob. Have a good day, everyone.

conor Tue 03-Mar-20 09:09:29

Good morning from a blue but cloud gathering Essex. Lots of good news on the thread this morning. Congratulations to Oliversnan, flowershope your new treatment will do the trick Marydoll and please send some sunshine back*Urmstongran*sunshine
School volunteering today and may show a few photos of new baby GD!!
Hoping for more good news from Gillybobs xxx

conor Tue 03-Mar-20 09:14:13

Blue Sapphire I hope your holiday goes ahead as I hope to go away in May and keep listening to the news which seems to imply that the world is shutting down!! Couldn't find any hand sanitiser in the shops yesterday xxx

GrannyGravy13 Tue 03-Mar-20 09:34:55

Congratulations Oliversnan a new Grandson, enjoy the cuddles flowers

Grandmafrench Tue 03-Mar-20 09:47:08

Beautifully sunny but wickedly cold morning here after Storm Karine smashed its way down here off the high Pyrenees yesterday, but at least the knock-you-flat gales have gone. Good morning all and congrats Oliversnanna, a new life is so exciting. Had to call into the Paths Lab early this morning. Amused to watch everyone not shaking hands or kissing. They have to really concentrate on that - a bit like me remembering not to touch my face in public or, those potentially dirty trolley handles in the supermarket! Not being able to offer normal greetings seems to be a real culture shock for the French but so pleased to see that most are taking this Virus news seriously and please let life be back to normal soon for all our sakes. Anyone struggling or unwell, better health, strength and better news soon for all of you. flowers

Mapleleaf Tue 03-Mar-20 09:51:58

Good morning everyone,

It's a cloudier morning than yesterday but still bright and chilly.

Congratulations Oliversnan ?

Marydoll that is good news to read about your treatment. Fingers crossed that you don't develop any allergic reactions. You are wise to wait until after the wedding.

Enjoy your holiday Urmstongran. 22 degrees sounds ideal.

Dentist went ok yesterday and the numbness soon wore off. Round two next week!

Hope today is a good one for you all. Take care.?

Callistemon Tue 03-Mar-20 10:03:25

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny South Wales. I may venture into town this morning but have decided we must get rid of more stuff, including furniture so this afternoon we could be busy deciding what to discard.

GrannyGravy I made my first successful banana cake at the weekend - I used organic rapeseed oil for the first time instead of butter and it turned out well. It was a BBC recipe and for once didn't rise in the oven then sink flat, it stayed risen! 'Easiest ever banana cake by Justine Pattison.'

Oliversnana congratulations on the new arrival, that's a very good weight.

Best wishes to all and thinking of the gillybobs

Taichinan Tue 03-Mar-20 10:32:45

Granny gravy, if it's afternoon at 7.41, then I'd better say good evening from a beautiful sunny Angus coast! I love this thread but rarely manage to post in time. Was so horrified to hear the news of Mammawolf - so unforgivably needless and she sounded such a lovely lady. After a very quiet few days I am about to embark on a hectic four days - like the proverbial buses, everything comes at once! Does that happen to everyone? I have lunch out, three tai chi classes to teach and the tai chi committee meeting here - oh, and did I mention housework? The last is scheduled for today which is why I'm sitting here posting ?. Congratulations Oliversnana on your new grandson - how lovely. And Kalu, that crash - I wonder how we elderly know when it's time to stop driving? An older friend of mine decided she should stop (well, her son did!) but she's now back behind the wheel again. Now, watch out dust, here I come! Have a lovely day everyone and ? for all of you who are ill or suffering. Remember smiling is infectious, as Spike Milligan's ditty goes x