Chat

Disappointed

(11 Posts)
Lucca Thu 05-Mar-20 04:29:43

Airline has gone bust so my planned trip away is off. Feeling sorry fir myself

Lucca Thu 05-Mar-20 04:36:22

Or even for

BlueBelle Thu 05-Mar-20 05:42:54

I m sorry to hear that Lucca you will be very very disappointed I think the world is going to ‘close down’ in a way for a few months for many reasons
Flybe has been in trouble before hasn’t or or am I thinking of another airline
I hope you get your money back, if you have trouble and paid on a credit card go through them, they helped my daughter very much recently when she had problems getting money back from an airline for a trip that was cancelled through the bad sandstorms the other week The credit card company disputed it for her and they gave a full refund

Sark Thu 05-Mar-20 06:05:05

I am sorry about your trip Lucca so very disappointing.
It is also worth checking your travel insurance as some have airline failure cover.

Billybob4491 Thu 05-Mar-20 06:38:42

Oh Lucca that is a shame, I do hope you will be able to get your monies refunded.

Jane10 Thu 05-Mar-20 06:42:36

What a shame. Poor Flybe. I always liked their planes. I suspect that a lot of us will be disappointed by the cancellation of holiday and other plans this year. sad

Grammaretto Thu 05-Mar-20 07:09:51

It's just the start I fear. Sorry about your trip.
I have a weekend away planned soon. Just had a note from the organisers that it may have to be cancelled. We gather from all over Scotland.
It is disappointing.

kircubbin2000 Thu 05-Mar-20 10:02:59

Family were coming next week. BA are charging £300 each for the same dates! Other son commutes twice a month,don't know how he will manage now.

henetha Thu 05-Mar-20 10:18:30

And me, Lucca.

Lucca Thu 05-Mar-20 10:25:34

Thanks everyone. It’s a group activity weekend and I managed to get a lift with someone as destination is in UK. I paid in debit card ? I’ll need to check my travel insurance. And you Henetha?

henetha Thu 05-Mar-20 10:31:17

Hi Lucca. I booked with Flybe, Exeter to Dublin, and paid on a bank debit card. I had not yet taken out insurance!
I have relatives in Ireland so was staying with them, so it's only the flight cost I will lose. What a pain though!
Good luck with your trip Lucca