Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(67 Posts)
12Michael Thu 05-Mar-20 06:10:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Another twilight start this morning, looks frosty out but dry in Brackley.
Today will be on the buses again to my usual destinations, have a couple of coffees and eats plus shop.
Hoping that sporting fixtures I watch on TV go ahead this weekend in Italy and France.
Mick

Cherrytree59 Fri 06-Mar-20 00:49:43

ItzyBitzy not sure if this any help.
Posted by Lisagran
Good morning thread
Sunday 1st March 2020 13:11
I heard about this on the news earlier, as we are on holiday in our campervan in your area. You must be so shocked as a family.

ItzyBitzy Thu 05-Mar-20 23:10:14

Megs I really appreciate your post.
Again, I’m sorry to bring this up. This is my last comment on this topic. I’ve said what I think and that’s it.
Back to a loving, supportive daily. Long may you good morningers carry on x

Megs36 Thu 05-Mar-20 22:50:47

ItzyBitzy, at the risk of being accused of all sorts of unpleasantness I have to agree with you.

ItzyBitzy Thu 05-Mar-20 22:13:53

farview my apologies, I’ve questioned twice now why there has been nothing in the news about this. I’ve pm’d with a few GNers on this issue. I don’t want to sully a lovely thread so I’ll leave it there, but I’m unhappy with what I believe to be dubious posts. I had hoped GN could be better than that. I had hoped too much.
Again sorry, I will leave it there.

farview Thu 05-Mar-20 22:05:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ItzyBitzy Thu 05-Mar-20 21:46:40

241twoforone I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again....very sad but show me the evidence anyone was taken before their time in Norfolk recently. Pls don’t believe everything you read online.
Sorry good morningers but I’m getting a bit fed up of being taken for an eejit.

Scentia Thu 05-Mar-20 18:52:44

Sar53
Did you get your genesis tickets?

Grammaretto Thu 05-Mar-20 16:43:42

EllenVannin So desperately sad for all your family.
Life can be exceedingly cruel at times.
Sending hugs and prayers your way xx

Rosyanne Thu 05-Mar-20 13:30:03

There is a recipe for homemade hand sanitizer on the Facebook site, Moral Fibres. This is an excellent place to find recipes for loads of alternative cleaners etc.

241twoforone Thu 05-Mar-20 11:54:56

NfkDumpling I too miss Momawolfe. My thoughts are with Hannah and the family.

Jaan12 Thu 05-Mar-20 11:03:05

Good morning from a bright and sunny Fife. Earlier everything was covered in frost but that has now cleared away. Still very cold. This afternoon will go into town for shopping and also might find time for some gardening as the roses, fruit trees and shrubs all need feeding in preparation for the year ahead. Hope everyone has a good day.

ann678tifney Thu 05-Mar-20 11:00:44

Morning everyone, the good news is that my DH can have his Eye op, and that we have a date for it, after our family weekend away. I am also at work which I really enjoy, but feel I am getting ready to think about retiring, however will have to wait until next year!!!! Hope everyone is feeling better and very sad news Ellan Valin, thinking of you and the children xx

oliversnana Thu 05-Mar-20 10:50:26

Morning one and all from an overcast leicestershire.
Babysitting this morning, school run and pony this afternoon then maybe a quiet evening.

Hope all with sadness and illness have a better day.

Celia

Jan16 Thu 05-Mar-20 10:40:38

Good morning everyone from sunny Lisbon! We are on a cruise but back in England on Sunday. Slightly concerned that P and O let us off the ship in Tenerife which I thought was foolish. Just hope we don’t get quarantined!

Kalu Thu 05-Mar-20 10:30:51

Good morning all from a bright and milder Glasgow.

A last minute decision to go to St Andrews and stay over at the But n Ben before coming home.

A late morning for me as I had to up the dose of my night time pills so it takes a while for the cotton wool feeling in my head to wear off?

Hope your anxiety has lessened Bellasnana

Such a sad time for all of you EllenVannin?

Won’t belong until Spring Baggs?. I’m sure you’re pretty frustrated not being able to get on with things but it will happen.

Best wishes to all for a pleasant day

Pittcity Thu 05-Mar-20 10:20:18

Sar53 I decided that the tickets were too expensive and will probably have a weekend away instead.
Much love to all xx

Urmstongran Thu 05-Mar-20 10:11:07

Good morning everyone from a gloriously sunny Malaga! I’ve been sat here on the balcony catching up reading all the posts from yesterday and then this morning’s hence I’m a good bit later on here.

Firstly I’d like to offer my sincere condolences to you and your family EV. Such a tragic loss of a young life indeed and much to bear - my heart goes out to you.

Good to hear your husband has another appointment tomorrow gillybob. Hopefully it seems that his health might be on track, finally, to well being. You’ve both struggled for months now. How is your mouth now? Perhaps you are pain free at long last?

Rufus you made me chuckle about parachuting into a bull ring with my red knickers! A bit like that scene from the James Bond film with the Queen and Daniel Craig!

Hoping your anxiety level has lessened a bit today Bellasnana. Love your ‘buggerations’ word kitty I intend to use it myself from now on!

Himself has just made coffee (we have our duties split well don’t we? - me on the iPad and he’s also done the washing up whilst I was catching up on here! - then I should really stir my stumps and get dressed. Remember we ARE an hour ahead here!
#lazygran

Hope Thursday is kind to us all whether we have plans or none. x

EllanVannin Thu 05-Mar-20 09:13:34

Yes, Gillybob, the lad was in ICU at the same time as your DH and seemed to be picking up as he got pneumonia then sepsis.
He was then moved to a ward and got a chest infection and was back in ICU again for the last time sad

Thankyou for your thoughts xx I'm always thinking of you too and how hard you work despite the struggles.

EllanVannin Thu 05-Mar-20 09:07:38

Such a difficult time Dragonfly. I keep crying when I think about it but have to be brave for the sake of the children and it's so hard.
The 3 older ones took a bunch of flowers to their granddad and step-grandma on Tuesday and he gave them some " treasures " that belonged to their dad, including a baseball cap which he wore when he lost his hair, so I think the child wears it in bed as he had it on yesterday when they came to see me.

Thankyou for your thoughts and flowers it's comforting to know, even though we don't know each other, that we all understand times like these .xx

Anniebach Thu 05-Mar-20 09:03:09

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

So many are troubled, I send love x

BladeAnnie Thu 05-Mar-20 09:02:32

Kittylester loving the buggerations!!

Marydoll Thu 05-Mar-20 09:01:18

Good morning all from Glasgow.

Heart clinic today, so DH will have to do the nursery run.

Thanks to all those who posted kind words about me on another thread.
Nothing else to say really. Need to get a move on.

Healing thoughts to all my pals in the sickbay.

cornergran Thu 05-Mar-20 09:00:23

Morning Mick, morning All from a grey, wet corner of Somerset. Enough now. Time for some sustained bright weather. Some seriously needed sorting today then off out look at internal doors. Could be ‘interesting’. I also missed your post yesterday ellen, look after yourself, a sad time for your family. The tried and tested method here for furniture is to make a newspaper ‘pattern’ of a potential purchase and see how well, or not, it fits greyd. It has saved us from many a disaster as Mr C is invariably over optimistic and I tend to the opposite. That is good news baggs, getting there. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone, especially those with worries of any kind.

gillybob Thu 05-Mar-20 08:58:40

Sad news..... not dad news .... I’m so sorry Ellen

gillybob Thu 05-Mar-20 08:58:01

A late good morning from the North East coast where we have a cold but beautifully sunny start to the day .

I too must’ve missed the dad news about your DGC’s father EllenVannin I remember that he was in the ICU at the same time as my DH . I am so sorry that he didn’t make it and so very young . Life can be so cruel . Your poor GC must be devastated poor lambs . sad

There seems to be a lot of sadness on this thread lately or buggerations as Kittylester so eloquently put it. Let’s hope the spring brings us some happier times for those who are suffering .

So sorry to hear your eye is no better Susan you’ll really have to give up the boxing now wink good idea to make an appointment to get it checked .

I noticed a corona centre had sprung up in the car park when I was at the hospital with DH the other day Harrigran a bit bigger than a pod though, more like a whole building shock

It’s lovely to hear you enjoy your job Bluebell but like NannyJan said I would give anything to leave mine I hate it so much . Just off there now for another thrilling day .

Have a good Thursday everyone ( my fourth worst and third best day of the week).

Love Gillybob xx