Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's kitchen for kind and caring folk

(1001 Posts)
soop Fri 06-Mar-20 14:27:54

Here we are again...happy as can be...all good friens and jolly good company. wine cupcake flowers sunshine and (hugs) a plenty.

Carillion01 Sat 28-Mar-20 09:38:07

Dear Morethan, your pain must be immense. Sending all our love and prayers from this household now and for as long as you need them. Xxxxxxx

Carillion01 Sat 28-Mar-20 09:34:36

Callgirl what a lovely little cutie Grace is xx
ann and Massimo, so sorry about your cancelled operations. We had some experience of this with DH and it's so difficult for you when you've got your mindset right. Sending hugs to both. Xxx
corner, lovely photo, you just can't help but wonder at nature and that wonderful blushy pink.

Another fifteen days in lockdown here in France taking us up to mid April and my DH birthday, God willing.
We're going to have a mini afternoon tea in the garden today. Weather in Brittany has been calm and comforting these last four or five days so fingers crossed. Saving jam tarts for anyone who needs a bit of scrumptiousness.

Sending love and TOYA xx???xx

chicken Sat 28-Mar-20 09:23:36

morethan, sending you love and comforting vibes.There are so many supporting hands reaching out to hold you here. xx

Charleygirl5 Sat 28-Mar-20 09:22:14

callgirl how times fly by- I did not realise it was a month since that beautiful little girl was born. She looks alert and cute.

morethan you are going through horrendous times and 10 times worse because you cannot be there with your D in Law. It is hell on earth for everybody but I send you my love-sorry I am not religious. We are always here for you.

Greyduster Sat 28-Mar-20 09:19:21

Hello the kitchen,

Like you, Corner we will be looking for a new route to walk after yesterday’s was like the M1. Some people just don’t get this social distancing do they? It so “rattled” me that we gave up and came home! It is the nearest I have come to having a meltdown!

N&G I hope that Sam is feeling better now, and that Norbert keeps coming back to check on his and your progress.

Panache welcome back and much relief to see you are both okay!

Morethan I can’t put it better than Feelingmyage?. Please stay connected to us.

Soop I understand you haven’t been well, and I hope you are feeling better now with the wonderful MacS looking after you.?

We just had a Face Time with DS and DiL, both in their dressing gowns, having a bacon sandwich (they are trying to keep as near as possible to their normal weekend routine?)! I had to ask him to cover up his hairy chest as it was bad enough having to look at his hairy face! I miss him coming down to go to football with his dad.

I will leave a couple of photos I took yesterday before we got crowded out. The wild lesser celandines are a true sign of spring. The hedgerows are full of them. I was thinking that I may have to rely, now, at looking at photos of places we usually go that are now forbidden to us and hoping that we will soon be able to go there again.
TOYA. Stay safe.

Susan56 Sat 28-Mar-20 08:11:48

morethan,so sorry you can’t be with your family.Sending you our love and strength.x

Feelingmyage55 Sat 28-Mar-20 07:52:51

morethan. Hold on to the thought that they are trying to squeeze out every once of contentment they can and that they can all be together over the next few weeks. I cannot imagine your pain. I send you love.

kittylester Sat 28-Mar-20 07:49:33

morethan, you kow that we are here for you. How sad that you can't be there for them as I know you would want to be.

Panache, how lovely to see you in the kitchen and to hear that you and your dh are home together. Please stay in touch.

I'm glad I have managed to get back in the kitchen before a new one is built or I'd never be able to find you again.

Wd have had so much going on in out wider family (Alzheimer's diagnosis for DH's younger brother and DN having to go back to abusive husband amongst them) and the family WhatsApp going into overdrive, that I haven't had a minute to myself. I am also trying to make the half finished lounge look reasonable!!

Anyway, I've caught up with everyone's news and promise to do better in the future!!

TOYA!!

annsixty Sat 28-Mar-20 07:47:43

Dearest morethan after all you have been through, now, not to be able to support your family at this harrowing time for you all must be unbearable.
However it has to be dealt with, coped with, lived through.
You and your family are incredible.
I send you strength, courage and love.
We are always here for you.

Nannytopsy Sat 28-Mar-20 07:25:47

Morethan you are always welcome for whatever hugs and comfort you need.
Panache how wonderful to have you both back! I think your Elat has lovely views? I hope I am right and you are able to enjoy them in this lovely weather.
We are back in the garden with our railway sleepers today. Nearly finished!

morethan2 Sat 28-Mar-20 07:16:45

Morning all you lovelies in the kitchen. I haven’t dropped in because I know we need to keep our spirits up during this very trying time. Things are not good. My DiL had a telephone consultation with her oncologist on Tuesday. They say she has just weeks. I can’t help the despair I feel for her. I keep thinking as if things weren’t bad enough but now her recent loss of sight and now she’s lost the comfort and support of the extended family who she loves. I just can’t inflicted such awful misery on you all, for that matter I can’t share the misery I feel with my friends or family on a regular basis. I will let you know how things progress because I know that you care. Forgive me If I become overwhelmed with the misery and come for a virtual handhold. For now I leave you with a positive thought. I rang yesterday and they were all sitting together on the settee watching a funny film on Netflix in my head I like to imagine the five of them happy for a few hours.

Purplepixie Sat 28-Mar-20 03:33:50

Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes. I had a lovely day despite the circumstances. DH made a lovely roast chicken dinner with coffee and walnut cake to follow. Children and grandchildren phoned and its was lovely to speak to them. I sat making patchwork cushion covers on the afternoon and doing a bit of knitting on the night. We watched a couple of episodes of “The Streets of San Francisco” on the evening and I had a couple of G&T’s. Fabulous. I went quickly to sleep once into bed and woke around 2am and wide awake now. Might read a bit and try again.
Callgirl1- Grace is beautiful.

Stay safe everyone. X

callgirl1 Fri 27-Mar-20 23:37:04

Panache! Sorry, Dreamkeeper, so good to see you back here again, you`ve been sorely missed All my very best to you and your lovely husband.
Ann and Mamissimo, so sorry about your delayed operations, but as someone said, maybe hospitals aren`t the best places right now. Hopefully you`ll be top of the list when the crisis eases.
N&G, I hope Sam continues to improve. Love the pic of Norbert, do he and Sam get on?
My grandson sent me this latest pic of Grace, now 4 weeks.

dollymcg Fri 27-Mar-20 23:14:31

Panache, I have often thought of you
It's so lovely to hear from you again ?

cornergran Fri 27-Mar-20 23:12:51

Such a surprise to see you here dreamkeeper, welcome back to you and Mr D. Good to know you are safely in your home.

The walk was, err, long and beset by small children on bicycles complete with parents yelling for them not to come too close. We’ll be looking for a new route I think, although the forecast miserable weather may keep folk away for a while.

It’s been a busy day one way or the other so sleep time now. Good night everyone, sleep tight.

annodomini Fri 27-Mar-20 23:00:27

Dreamkeeper, so pleased to have you back with us and glad you and your DH are in your own home again. You have been greatly missed, as you have always been such an inspiration to us.
Grandmafrench, sorry to hear about your cracked rib. I can heartily sympathise, having done one of mine last year - the pain was agonising and the bruising spectacular. It took quite a while to heal, so please be careful and treat yourself gently - and no more bending over !
I did the job my cleaner usually does for me - changing the duvet cover. So exhausted with the effort that I lay down on the bed and fell asleep. blush
Happy Birthday - tho' it's nearly the end of the day - Purplepixie. I hope it has been an enjoyable one, despite the circumstances in which we find ourselves.
ann, I do hope you are keeping your household under strict control. Sadly, that takes energy which is in short supply at the moment.
Wishing you all a peaceful night and sweet dreams. moon

Sar53 Fri 27-Mar-20 21:47:45

Dreamkeeper welcome back, so lovely to see your post in these difficult times. My very best wishes to you and Mr D xx

annsixty Fri 27-Mar-20 21:14:26

Feelingmyage Father and Daughter.

Marydoll Fri 27-Mar-20 21:04:19

Panache What a delightful surprise to see you back posting again.
A light shining in a dark day today. ?

Feelingmyage55 Fri 27-Mar-20 20:56:55

annsixty. I hope everyone can keep calm and also that all th chores and cooking get done for you cheerfully. What is F and D?
corner I adore magnolia trees but it is too cold here for one.
Thank you for the photo.
soop it cant be said too often - a big thank you for this kitchen. Shortbread and gluten free ginger biscuits on the side. There are lots as this is a busy place just now. TOYA

Feelingmyage55 Fri 27-Mar-20 20:52:36

panache/*dreamkeeper*. I am sooo happy to see you back - a beautiful ray of sunshine to see you post. ? Just for you and your DH. ? WELCOME back.

Doodle Fri 27-Mar-20 20:43:56

purplepixie many happy returns. Sorry it’s a bit late hope you had a good day.
N&G sorry Sam is not feeling himself. Hope he improves soon.
Sorry your op is not going ahead ann but probably not a good idea to be in hospital at the moment. You too mamissimo
Oh my goodness Panache I can’t believe you are back with us. That is fantastic news. Of course we remember you. Sending my very best wishes to you and MrP . So lovely to hear from you flowers
grandmafrench oh no. I am sorry to hear about your rib that must be so painful. Will it heal on its own do you think? Thank you for remembering my microwave and the the answer to your question is .......YES. So pleased. Left it off last night and today it was back in action as normal. Can’t tell you how relived I am ?

chicken Fri 27-Mar-20 20:12:25

Sorry there was supposed to be a picture but it didn"t post!

chicken Fri 27-Mar-20 20:10:43

Today in the garden.

chicken Fri 27-Mar-20 19:58:31

ann and Mamissimo, so sorry that your operations were cancelled.What a bitter blow. Let's hope that they are quickly reinstated as soon as this beastly virus is over.

Happy birthday, Purplepixie, hope that you had a good day.

Oh, panache and MrP, how pleased I am that you are both back where you belong in both the real and virtual worlds. You have been sorely missed.

Apologies to all of you that I have missed. There is too much going on in the kitchen for my old brain to remember. I'll just say TOYA.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion