Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(79 Posts)
12Michael Sun 08-Mar-20 06:14:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight here in Brackley and its been raining.
I have prepared a chicken and butter bean casserole in my small slow cooker for today and tomorrow.
Includes such things as tomato puree and garlic granules..
Today a quiet day in watch cycling around lunchtime from France on Tv.
As to the Garlic noticed on Breakfast Tv yesterday it was mentioned as a precaution to take as to current crisis.
Mick

Urmstongran Mon 09-Mar-20 10:30:08

I’m with Fran on this.

Hannahs seems new?? Not the same user name as Hannah2

Doesn’t it seem awful that people might be wanting to pretend they knew Mommawolf just to set a cat amongst the pigeons and sit back to have a laugh.

There are some strangely weird individuals about.

Callistemon Mon 09-Mar-20 09:44:39

This was always such a lovely, supportive, positive thread each day.
What is happening?
sad

NanKate Mon 09-Mar-20 08:50:10

What a thoroughly nasty post Gustheguidedog. ?

JenniferEccles Sun 08-Mar-20 23:24:07

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Nortsat46 Sun 08-Mar-20 23:04:55

Hannah, I am so sorry.
I raised a concern about the tone from some other GN’s and was suddenly drawn in to a lot of disturbing posts.

I loved your mum’s posts, I am terribly upset at the dreadful accident that happened and I am mortified at the dialogue that has gone on here.

I can only say that my thoughts and regards are with you and your family. Sincere condolences ?

gillybob Sun 08-Mar-20 23:00:11

I got some lovely heartwarming PM’s from Mommawolf only a few weeks back . I refuse to believe they were in anyway not genuine .

Annapops Sun 08-Mar-20 22:53:12

am, our

Annapops Sun 08-Mar-20 22:52:31

I feel so sad. Why do people feel the need to do this to such kind, well meaning and compassionate folk? I am well and truly baffled by what I now an led to believe is a very sick joke. RIP to whoever may have been out genuine poster.

Fran3669 Sun 08-Mar-20 22:13:13

Hannahs or Hannah2? Similar usernames but are they the same person?

Am I missing something?

All I do know is that a lovely person, Mommawolf, is no longer posting and I miss her.

I’ve never posted on the GM thread as I catch-up in the evening but I’m shocked at things I’ve seen over the last week.

Curlywhirly Sun 08-Mar-20 22:01:52

????????

Hannah2 Sun 08-Mar-20 21:43:58

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Purplepixie Sun 08-Mar-20 19:24:49

Sending love and hugs to Hannah and her family.
thanks

Nannytopsy Sun 08-Mar-20 19:07:18

Hannah, bless you for your post. Very best wishes to all of your family.

Ormond56 Sun 08-Mar-20 17:19:26

Hannah I don’t post but always read and I absolutely loved your mums posts x they made my day start with such a nice feeling x I loved darling buds of may series and she always reminded me of that x please take care and just know there are more kinder people out there x

Auntieflo Sun 08-Mar-20 14:55:42

Hannah, thank you for coming back, especially after the nastiness that occurred.
You sound a loving couple of young people, no doubt due to the influence of your parents.
Wishing you and your brother, and any other family members a peaceful Sunday, and all the best for the future.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 08-Mar-20 14:12:46

Hannah and family flowers

EllanVannin Sun 08-Mar-20 13:33:22

Gustheguidedog, what a damned awful post !

BlueBelle Sun 08-Mar-20 12:35:09

Thank you Hannah for coming back after that awful tragedy what a shame everything got tainted There is nothing that can ever make up for losing your Mum and Dad in such a way
I hope your family can help each other and draw together in honour of your parents
I didn’t ever see your mums posts but those that did held her in high esteem
I wish you peace

Greenfinch Sun 08-Mar-20 12:28:27

Well done Hannah for responding so calmly and considerately. Best wishes for the future.

Curlywhirly Sun 08-Mar-20 12:21:15

Hannah, so glad you came back to us, it is very kind of you at such a terrible time. I have been so worried and haven't stopped thinking about you and your brother. I was very bewildered and upset with all that went on. I hoped against hope that nothing had happened, it was such a tragic loss. I loved your Mum's posts and we are all missing them, she had such a lovely life with her family and animals. What you are going through is unimaginable; you sound a lovely close family and hopefully this will help you all in the coming weeks and months. Again, my heartfelt thanks for your thoughfulness, it means more than you will ever know. Take care thanks

Lisagran Sun 08-Mar-20 11:53:39

Hannah - good luck with the research project you were involved with - hope it’s successful. We are all thinking about you here.

Taichinan Sun 08-Mar-20 11:42:17

Hello again all. Just had to pop back in after reading Bluesapphire's post about the RN Band. Many years ago we lived In a small village near a naval base. One year the RN Band offered to play at our village Barn Dance which was held in the local farmer's Big Barn. Their stage was a couple of flat bed tractor trailers, and their sound second to none. A fabulous evening and the happiest of memories. Thank you!

Susan56 Sun 08-Mar-20 11:32:34

Hannah?Thank you for your post,like Urmston I too feel ashamed that you had to post.x

Grandmafrench Sun 08-Mar-20 11:31:43

Good morning everyone. Bad morning here, only just got my internet connection back, so I'm grateful for being an hour ahead of you - which still allows me to say good morning! It was worth waiting for, though. Seems the sun is making an appearance and making some difference to Sunday morning. I loved the comment by Auntieflo - shooing her poor DH out of bed, just so she could get on and launder the sheets smile and everyone's concern for Marydoll and her DH ...and DC's! I laughed out loud Marydoll. I would have been way ahead of you in the catastrophe scenario. Axe-throwing? Sounds like an extreme sport to me for a Stag do. Mix that with the word "brewery" and "trains home" - no wonder you were on edge. But they all had fun and we know why they all go off radar, so no harm done and a very amusing story. In future, remember you'll only have to mention axe-throwing in a conversation to immediately get everyone's attention.! Have a truly good day if you can, everyone. Goodbye Hannah (and your brother) - pay a lasting tribute to your Mum and Dad by vowing to live your best life, always. Good luck. flowers

Kim19 Sun 08-Mar-20 11:26:39

Bravo Hannah?