Gransnet forums

Chat

Surveyors still here after 2.5 hours!

(9 Posts)
Davidhs Tue 10-Mar-20 14:34:33

A full survey can be very time consuming and if that is what the customer has paid for then the surveyor is responsible for any defects he has missed.
He may have a trainee that he is pointing out what to look for professional due diligence is a big deal there days.

Iam64 Tue 10-Mar-20 13:34:51

Don’t worry, best the prospective buyer gets a survey. All will be well x

Happygirl79 Tue 10-Mar-20 13:32:54

I instructed a surveyor to inspect a 3 bed bungalow I was buying last year
He took 3.5 hours to do it but missed obvious very bad damp issues in the property (I told him I would sue him for negligence and he paid to put the work right out of his own pocket as he admitted afterwards he had missed it)
I shouldn't worry to much as a seller.

midgey Tue 10-Mar-20 13:19:32

I was thinking about you only this morning Luckygirl, wondering how life was going for you. At least you have interest in your house! Hopefully a positive for you.

Luckygirl Tue 10-Mar-20 13:06:01

It really isn't that big!!!!

3 bed bungalow!

Smileless2012 Tue 10-Mar-20 13:03:07

Don't worry Luckygirl if your potential buyer is having a full survey they do take a while and if he's training someone it's bound to take longer.

M0nica Tue 10-Mar-20 13:02:25

I have had surveys take that long in a 4 year old house.

geekesse Tue 10-Mar-20 12:58:34

He’s probably trying to impress her with a view to taking the relationship further outside work. Warn her he’s probably a creep?

Luckygirl Tue 10-Mar-20 12:55:21

Just that really - they are surveying it for my potential buyer. It is a man with a young woman (who I assume is trainee or student) and he is pontificating endlessly to her about every little thing.

Let us hope he does not scupper the sale.