Gransnet forums

Chat

Does anyone remember Brexit?

(10 Posts)
Ohmother Thu 12-Mar-20 23:38:00

??? Op.

Labaik Thu 12-Mar-20 23:34:19

Strange that we're in the process of cutting ourselves off from an organisation that cares about things such as hygiene, food standards and workers rights and desperately trying to ally ourselves with any country that will trade with us.

Dinahmo Thu 12-Mar-20 20:58:19

Kandinsky On Jeremy Vine earlier this week. An Australian journo working for the Sun accused other panelists of trying to stop Brexit when the question of extending the period for talks because of the corona virus came up. They tried to explain but he refused to understand - continued to insist that they wanted to stop us leaving. Which of course we can't because we've already left.

M0nica Thu 12-Mar-20 20:42:50

Sounds vaguely familiar. Was it something to do with breakfast cereal?

Kandinsky Thu 12-Mar-20 20:21:00

It’s not just on social media where brexit has died a death, I can’t remember the last time I heard it mentioned on the news.

Understandable of course. This virus really has put things into perspective.

MerylStreep Thu 12-Mar-20 20:14:30

Kandinsky
It might have died a death on GN but in the real world it's still very current.

NotSpaghetti Thu 12-Mar-20 20:05:03

I think it must be who you are mixing with and chatting to.
I have spoken to three "strangers" about it this week so far (two who instigated the conversation), as well as a number of family members.
I don't think a day has gone by that it's not been talked about since 2016!

Kandinsky Thu 12-Mar-20 19:23:40

Exactly!

Calendargirl Thu 12-Mar-20 19:18:11

Oh, halcyon days when Brexit was all we had to fret about, instead of global pandemics, food shortages, world economies crashing, ........

Kandinsky Thu 12-Mar-20 19:06:05

I honestly can’t remember the last time I heard anyone talk about.

Good thing probably.