Gransnet forums

Chat

Chat

(66 Posts)
TwiceAsNice Sat 14-Mar-20 08:52:38

Let’s hear it for cats!

Doorstop Mon 16-Mar-20 10:42:37

He doesn’t like cuddles unlike my old cat so I have to admire him from afar!

Jane10 Mon 16-Mar-20 09:45:26

Lucky you Doorstop. A welcome trespasser!

Doorstop Mon 16-Mar-20 09:26:55

Hi, sadly my dear little cat was had to be put to sleep a couple of years ago and I still miss her dreadfully. Anyway he is a pic of next doors cat who has virtually moved in after being evicted as they got a dog. He looks rather comfy!

Jane10 Sun 15-Mar-20 17:10:33

Aww lovely pic. Here's Snowball when DD first got him. So angelic. Just today he's been out fighting and came home with another tick on him. Luckily DD is now an expert tick remover!

seacliff Sun 15-Mar-20 15:12:59

BlueSapphire, Daisy is really enjoying that cuddle.

Makes me realise, cats, well all animals, are so therapeutic.

seacliff Sun 15-Mar-20 15:10:26

Ha ha callgirl, must get new glasses!!

BlueSapphire Sun 15-Mar-20 14:56:32

Here is one of my cats, Daisy, on my lap this afternoon.

callgirl1 Sun 15-Mar-20 13:01:28

Seacliff, that "soft" stripey ginger cat is a pottery ornament! She currently resides on the fireplace, lots of people have bent down to stroke her, thinking that she`s real!

seacliff Sun 15-Mar-20 09:32:00

Curlywhirly, She is lovely, just as long as she doesn't chase all these kitties? She seems very laid back.

Artdeco, I laughed out loud at your post, can just imagine it!!!

Callgirl. Mia is very beautiful, and I love the glimpse of the soft stripey ginger cat behind. I have a weakness for ginger cats (and cookies) .

What a lovely thread.

callgirl1 Sat 14-Mar-20 23:53:20

This is Mia. She was a rescue cat just over 8 years ago, I don`t have a recent pic, this was about 4 years ago, making her mind up about my new ornament. She isn`t a lap cat, but loves being stroked and petted, just doesn`t like being picked up, can`t wait to get down again!

Artdecogran Sat 14-Mar-20 21:38:06

Merry cat (picture in previous post) also likes to sit on my lap when I am using the loo! She also frightened the life out of me when I was sat on loo with trousers around my ankles ( not too much info I hope). I put my hand down, without looking, to pull up my pants and there was this warm hairy mound in them. I don’t know what I thought it was but my scream was loud enough to wake her up and she legged it out the bathroom at 90 miles an hour.

Curlywhirly Sat 14-Mar-20 20:54:54

Oh, and that's my place, on the left of the pic, she starts off on the other side of the settee, then slowly pushes me into a tiny space, until she gets her favourite spot!

Curlywhirly Sat 14-Mar-20 20:51:20

Here's the lady relaxing as usual.

ValerieF Sat 14-Mar-20 20:41:00

Thumps up from me! ABSOLUTELY adore our feline friends. Not got one at moment since my last died, totally unexpectedly in the prime of his life. Fabulous photos and a very happy thread for once. Thank you Twice as nice x

Curlywhirly Sat 14-Mar-20 20:15:29

I haven't got a cat, but a dog, can I join in? She a 9 year old golden labrador and glued to my side - she follows me everywhere, even though she now has arthritis in her back leg and struggles sometimes to get up off her favourite place, on the settee! She's a greedy so and so and wakes me up at 6/6.30am every morning for her breakfast. She's quite jealous ( not in a nasty way) of the DGC, and squeezes in between them and me if they are near me and constantly paws me so I will give her and not them my attention! She's so patient with them, they stroke her and have even sat on her (I quickly remove them!) and she doesn't flinch, just raises her eyebrow and gives me a knowing look?. If a leave the room, even for just a few minutes, she greets me as though I have been away for a week's holiday, she squeals with delight and her tail wags her whole body. I love her to bits. Oh, wouldn't it be lovely for our husbands/partners to show such devotion - hmm, then again ........

lemongrove Sat 14-Mar-20 20:05:35

Lovely pics everyone, am enjoying seeing them.We have had cats all our lives, but since the last one died, because of circumstances ( life getting in the way of plans) we haven’t yet acquired another one.

Kalu Sat 14-Mar-20 19:53:46

What gorgeous boys SueDonim. We had a beautiful grey at one point, don’t think he was any particular breed though.

Goodness, they are all gorgeous. Keep them coming.

We have had a variety of cats over the years as my friend is a vet. Occasionally she would ask me to take an abandoned kitten, just overnight as opposed to leaving it alone in the surgery! She knew I was a walkover who wouldn’t want to part with it once I took it home??‍♀️?

This beautiful cat has a nature to match Jane. No idea of gender as the coat is so thick. Thankfully our cat flap isn’t big enough or I am pretty sure it would take up residence along with PC!

Welcome back Gabriella.?

GabriellaG54 Sat 14-Mar-20 19:15:35

Thank you Seacliff It's good to be back. ?

TwiceAsNice Sat 14-Mar-20 19:13:20

Lovely lovely photos . Amie is a British Shorthair grey and light brown with white patches. Not sure I know how to send a photo on here, I’m not very “techie”

SueDonim Sat 14-Mar-20 18:48:58

Burmese cats are gorgeous. A friend had four of them, all different colours and they were such sooks, they wanted to be cuddled all the time.

Fran3669 Sat 14-Mar-20 18:18:48

Jane10 I’m the same with our two, as is my husband. They tell us what they want and, invariably, we give in to them.

Charlie is too lazy and friendly to fight and he only tends to stray outside the garden at night. Misty, who’s younger and our lovely girl, brings us lots of balloons and elastic bands as gifts; infinitely preferable to mice and birds!

Jane10 Sat 14-Mar-20 17:49:06

Fran Snowball is a Ragdoll too. He looks so angelic but he's a naughty fighting boy and comes home covered in all sorts of nasty things. DD is devoted to him which is just as well considering what she's put up with from him!

Artdecogran Sat 14-Mar-20 17:44:01

Never posted pic before hope it’s worked. My 2 Burmese indoor cats. They are now 18 months old and real characters. They are called Merry and Pips. Merry likes to play fetch like a dog and if I don’t pay attention she lands on my lap, even if I have my dinner on my lap!

SueDonim Sat 14-Mar-20 17:36:00

I know, Gabriella! We’ve had them 3.5years and still get them muddled up. grin

seacliff Sat 14-Mar-20 17:35:20

Good to see you back Gabriella.