Gransnet forums

Chat

Very moving BBC Video Italians singing

(9 Posts)
Dec46 Sat 14-Mar-20 16:04:58

Wish i'd thought of that EllanVannin !
Of course there is Always look on the Bright side of life,which could get us all swaying together.

DoraMarr Sat 14-Mar-20 16:04:13

I remember when I lived in Rome I would hear people singing from their balconies or open windows as I walked through the streets in the evening. Very often it was opera- Italians seemed to be born singing opera. I’ve got a balcony, but I’m not sure anyone would join in with me- perhaps I should give it a try!

Calendargirl Sat 14-Mar-20 16:00:25

Jerusalem.

EllanVannin Sat 14-Mar-20 15:58:24

"I will Survive " seems more appropriate.

Dec46 Sat 14-Mar-20 15:41:58

How about,All you need is Love,for Uk song?

rubysong Sat 14-Mar-20 15:22:46

We have been singing the Pharrell Williams song 'Happy' at our choir and I did suggest that to DH. He didn't think it would make our neighbours very happy.

Daisymae Sat 14-Mar-20 14:33:59

Agree that its a very moving clip. Not sure that it would work here though. What would we sing?

POGS Sat 14-Mar-20 14:11:18

I've been watching these clips on YouTube.

A few countries are doing similar things, it's a great idea and reminds us, albeit in a very small way, the positive side of human nature under stress.

Dec46 Sat 14-Mar-20 14:06:01

Amongst many news items about Covid 19 there is one which brought tears to my eyes it shows Italians in social isolation coming together by joining in singing from their individual baloconies.Many singing their National Anthem and 1 Opera singer entertaining her neighbours with her wonderful voice.
What a wonderful spirit to have.