Gransnet forums

Chat

PO delivery & CV

(10 Posts)
Daisymae Sun 15-Mar-20 13:36:58

Have seen that the post office are going to leave packages on the step and not ask for a signature as a temporary measure. This is to protect employees and customers alike. Seems like a good idea.

Tweedle24 Sun 15-Mar-20 13:38:38

As long as they let you know it is there so it is not left out in the rain for the box to get soggy and fall apart.

NanaandGrampy Sun 15-Mar-20 13:46:05

Amazon have agreed the same. Yodel however will continue as usual despite there being alternative options.

My daughter works for them and instead of handing her phone over for signing to each customer she handed them a card which they signed, she put each days in a dated envelope so she could look back if there were issues.

Her manager tore her off a strip a mile wide for not following procedure !!

Septimia Sun 15-Mar-20 14:40:35

Yes, our postman told DH that his instructions were to put the parcel on the step, ring the bell and take 10 steps back while waiting for a response. Of course, he said, anyone could have handled the parcel before he got it....

And Hermes apparently aren't asking people to sign for things.

timetogo2016 Sun 15-Mar-20 14:46:06

Our postman gave me a package from arms length yesterday and he was telling me that`s what they have been told to do.
Sounds like common sense to me.
If I`m not in he tends to put things in the shed for us.

GabriellaG54 Sun 15-Mar-20 15:24:20

NanaandGrampy
Sounds mad to me.
Does she hand over her pen to sign with or does she wait for the customer to fetch one?
The reasons for not signing were to stop transfer of any viruses but handing someone a pen to sign a card sounds ridiculous.

NanaandGrampy Sun 15-Mar-20 15:37:37

She asked them to use their own pen Gabriella . Didn’t seem too taxing but Yodel management didn’t like it so now she has to pass her phone for customers to sign with their finger☹️

Hetty58 Sun 15-Mar-20 15:41:26

Phones are filthy, though!

Kalu Sun 15-Mar-20 15:42:29

N&G. Sounds like your DD should be doing that particular manager’s job. He sounds miffed that she showed some initiative. Good for her.

Any deliveries/post I have handled follows up, after opening, with a thorough hand wash.

gillybob Sun 15-Mar-20 16:34:47

Hermes would probs just throw it over the fence anyway wink