Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(84 Posts)
12Michael Mon 16-Mar-20 06:09:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight here in Brackley and its dry , looks like maybe spring as started to arrive properly this time.
Today, a quiet day some housework etc, will do my usual trips out as this week.
Mick

Brunette10 Tue 24-Mar-20 08:46:55

Elizabeth1 - yes you are so right, we had our lovely cup of coffee sitting by the fire just in the nick of time. It was so nice to see you and as I said you are looking so well. Keep doing your exercises and stay safe - flowers

Elizabeth1 Tue 24-Mar-20 08:04:33

Blast I’ve lost a very long post where are you? Lots of love and hugs to everyone this morning. So sorry to hear your predicaments Marydoll takecare and give yourself positive strokes. flowers

Elizabeth1 Mon 16-Mar-20 20:50:11

brunette10 we made it just in time think we were well isolated from others this morning whew no more coffee mornings thank you I had a lovely chat with you by the warm fire flowers

Megs36 Mon 16-Mar-20 16:16:40

Thanks Mary doll,one down, one to go.Husband’s ultra sound
today , told all Ok but results will be a few days , enquired about my appointment tomorrow but told all going ahead.

Elizabeth1 Mon 16-Mar-20 12:46:18

Hi * brunette10* what a lovely morning chatting to you over coffee we’re taking one day at a time. My dear husband got 50 golf balls in at the same time during our chat it’ll save his sanity after taking good care of this bad tempered beesom he and I were needing this short interlude its our lovely neighbours wedding anniversary today and I’ve a beautiful huge roast in my freezer ready to cook guess who’s going to benefit tonight and it won’t be us. My dear husband is good but not that good

Sark Mon 16-Mar-20 12:39:10

Just popping back in to say a big thank you to all my 'virtual friends! ' for your messages today. flowers

Marydoll Mon 16-Mar-20 12:35:47

Oh Ann, good and bad news. Hope you feel a wee bit better.

annsixty Mon 16-Mar-20 12:31:57

GP fitted me in for a telephone appt after morning surgery and has given me stronger pain relief.
I just have to ring if I need anything else, she was lovely.
Doubts my op will go ahead.

Cambia Mon 16-Mar-20 12:08:47

Good morning. We are in Crete where it looks as though we are going into lockdown. Tavernas, bars, cafes and non essential shops are closed but supermarkets are extending hours..There appears to be no panic shopping thank goodness.

Today is grey and raining but yesterday was blue skies and sunshine. I don’t think we will be able to fly back to the Uk now, so we will just settle down and see what happens.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 16-Mar-20 12:00:23

I have had my telephone consultation antibiotics and steroids prescribed for Mr.GG to pick up later.

DD is here with Baby, other end of lounge, I am not cuddling or hugging, she is distraught unable to get nappies or formula due to hoarders!!!

I hope those with cupboards full of nappies and formula give a thought that some babies may be going hungry very soon due to their selfishness angry

Grandmafrench Mon 16-Mar-20 11:40:32

Morning everyone! Think we all share feelings of suspended animation....it’s unpleasant and surreal, but there’s SO much positivity on here. So many difficulties and health worries and too much to do but everyone determined to do it. Wishing you all Good Monday wherever you are. GN’s, WE CAN DO THIS smile sunshine flowers

NannyJan53 Mon 16-Mar-20 11:03:30

Good morning from sunny Lanzarote where we are in lockdown. Cannot leave hotel except to go to shops, and then only singly no in pairs.

We are due home Wednesday, and for the first time ever on holiday I am looking forward to going home, even though it is not going to be much fun, at least we will be home.

Worried about Mum who is 90. She is self isolating at the moment. My DD passes her road on the way to work so is keeping an eye on her.

Thinking of all with health issues

Marydoll Mon 16-Mar-20 11:02:26

I've now had my temperature taken. Very sensible. Good news, I don't have a fever and no work down! Yipee!

mancgirl Mon 16-Mar-20 11:01:44

Thank you for the hugs and good wishes. We have booked a flight for Friday, not sure if it will go but hey hi. No sooner had I done that than son no.1 on the phone saying are we daft? Surely a few months on the sun is better than lock down for 4 months on Manchester! Maybe he's right - who knows. Think I'll change my poster name to ContraryMary? What I do know is Mr Manc will be like a caged tiger if he can't get out for 4 months! Anyway lots of people with worse problems. Sorry for moaning! Thanks GNsmile

Marydoll Mon 16-Mar-20 10:12:34

Megs, I was thinking of you this morning and wondered if you would go.
Good luck for your appt.
I'm in the dentist and its empty!

annsixty Mon 16-Mar-20 10:11:48

Good morning all
Just to say thank you for your kind thoughts towards me today.
Fortunately I am a glass half full person, I can’t get out so no change there.
I am hoping to get a telephone appt with a GP today to ask for stronger pain relief.
I have been holding off ,knowing I would soon get my op but now I can’t continue especially with paracetamol being impossible to source.
I have been using cocodamol but it is just not effective.
I am lucky not to have underlying problems, well I don’t think I have but for those of you who do and poor dragonfly and Marydoll I send sincerest good wishes, you must be so worried, I am just now resigned.
We need a red hot summer to kill of the virus, we usually need a hard frost to kill the germs we are used to.
Have the best day you can everyone.

Kalu Mon 16-Mar-20 10:03:50

Good morning from Glasgow. Another sunny day which is a good start. Our roads are very quiet which is very unusual!

It is beginning to feel like groundhog day with worrying news arriving daily but nothing else for it but to take things a day at a time.

Today’s project is to spray paint a garden chair. I bought a spray machine last year which is so easy to use, it’s like having a new toy and I may well change the colour of a few bits in the garden just to keep myself occupied ?

Happy Anniversary Sark?

Have the best day you can everyone, especially those of you I know have struggles to deal with.

Laughterlines Mon 16-Mar-20 09:59:02

Good morning from the Suffolk Coast where it promises to be a bright sunny day. Lots of people here organising shopping trips for oldies. People can be so kind. Remember we are all here to help one another. I love the cheering and clapping and singing going on to keep spirits up.

This site is a wonderful way to pass what might be a boring few weeks and make new friends and keep an eye on each other. We oldies can show youngsters a thing or two about staying calm and carrying on. No panic buying for me but I am making a huge lamb and pearl barley casserole to last the week and reinvent itself as soup, curry and hotpot. I’ll be fed up with it by Friday haha.

Please take care of yourselves everybody. Chins up

Megs36 Mon 16-Mar-20 09:48:42

Morning all, and I thought 2020 was going to be a good one!!
We have two weddings, grandchildren, one in June, one in September also our Diamond wedding in August, not sure if we’ll be seeing much of the families for the next few weeks, thank goodness for phones and internet.
Good luck with your wedding plans Marydoll.
Just off for first ‘medical ‘ appointment this week, another tomorrow.

EllanVannin Mon 16-Mar-20 09:35:03

Good Morning All x
Beautiful morning and the washing's " doing ". Some tidying up and polishing as the sun is showing up the dusty areas.

Lovely to see Urmstongran being upbeat, it makes a difference to your mindset at times like these when things are in the lap of the Gods.
Sorry you've not been so grand Dragonfly,so hoping this last round will have the desired effect x

I feel sorry that Marydoll's plans were scuppered, a once in a life-time big day though I'm sure whatever happens all concerned will make the best of it.

Scentia, I know it's not a laughing matter but I couldn't help but smile when everyone else wakes to birdsong. That couple will kill each other if they have to go into isolation---together !

Thoughts to Gillybob on her slog.x

Everyone, please take care, be safe and be aware of those around you if you're out and about. I'll be trotting off to Asda first thing in the morning before many are about ( I'll bet others will have the same idea grin )
Enjoy the sun if it's your way.

Susan56 Mon 16-Mar-20 09:33:11

Good morning from the Shropshire borders.A lovely sunny start to the day here?
Going to order our bedroom carpet and furniture today,hopefully they will eventually arrive?
DGS is not well.DD is pretty surevits his usual teething fever and cold but they have been told to self isolate for seven days.
They are struggling to get Calpol as apparently that is something else that people have stockpiled.
Thinking of you all.It is such a worrying time but this is such a lovely and supportive thread and i’m sure we will all encourage and support each other through the difficulties.
Stay strong,safe and well everybody ?

moggie Mon 16-Mar-20 09:27:25

Good morning Mick & all from sunny, dry Nottingham.
Out for a walk later.
DH will put suitcases back in the loft, our holiday is cancelled.
Happy anniversary Sark
Evie’s room looks lovely Gillybob
Thoughts with all not well or have worries.
Take care everyone & have a good day.

Greyduster Mon 16-Mar-20 09:23:21

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire and it promises to be warmish! I will be road testing my new iron this morning (my cup runneth over!). We are doing two school runs this week to see how it goes until we are put into lockdown! When GS comes home he has been instructed to take himself upstairs and stay away from us until his dad comes home usually about an hour and a half afterwards. We will take every precaution while we are there.
Happy Anniversary, Sark!??. Have the best day you can, folks!

harrigran Mon 16-Mar-20 09:17:03

Good morning from a sunny NE.
DH is going to the PO to post family birthday cards abroad and to other parts of UK, there are five birthdays in the next three weeks and we want the cards to arrive before lockdown.
Our monthly Antiquarian meeting is cancelled indefinitely, average age is seventy so sensible.
Warning us about isolation, I think, is a polite way of telling us to put our affairs in order.
Best wishes to all, stay safe.

Auntieflo Mon 16-Mar-20 09:13:04

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all, from a sunny, chilly corner of Berks.
I think yesterday was our last visit to Church for a while, as we are both in the self isolating age group. Also am seriously think that I should stop volunteering, as we are very close to all the customers, whilst on till duty. I shall miss it very much, and already feel down, and I am not usually a down type.
Keep my spirits up all you lovely GN's.
Urmstongran, the description of the clapping etc, from your town was beautiful. I did see a clip on TV, but actually being there, whilst it is happening must be emotional.
I hope to get into the garden at some time, if it is not too cold, and I can use my kneeler. There is not a lot to do, apart from the weeds sprouting everywhere.
Sometimes, though, it is the getting up again that's the problem.
Happy Anniversary Sark, enjoy your day.
Ginster, oh how I would love to be in Suffolk, by a beach, heaven.
Good luck Marydoll with any and all of your medical appointments.
To all who are a bit poorly, or down at the moment, {{{hugs}}} and flowers.
Have a good day one and all.