Gransnet forums

Chat

Your treat for today

(246 Posts)
Pantglas2 Tue 17-Mar-20 07:32:55

Just that really - please share one thing that you’re planning for the day to cheer yourself up in these trying times.

Could be anything from a bar of chocolate, glass of something lovely, arranging some freshly cut flowers from your garden or baking a cake to a freshly made bed, or even painting your toenails!

Doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks (DH has just informed me I’m daft) as long as it puts a smile on your face!

So to start this off - yesterday I changed our bed and had the best night’s sleep! Today I’m going to make some banana bread as they’re really mottled in the fruit bowl - can’t tell you how many brownie points that gets in this house!

stayanotherday Fri 13-Nov-20 13:34:47

Thank you for a lovely thread.

Been watching Holiday of My Lifetime. Very pleasant and it's given ideas for when travel resumes.

52bright Thu 12-Nov-20 22:40:51

A lovely scenic coastal walk with my brother and his wife. Dinner made by dh enjoyed with a glass of wine.

Mapleleaf Thu 12-Nov-20 19:46:07

How lovely, Allegretto. It's always nice to receive flowers ?

Allegretto Thu 12-Nov-20 19:37:14

Oops! I should have read that before I posted.

Allegretto Thu 12-Nov-20 19:36:21

I’ve not been shopping since March, having stuck to online deliveries. Today I had received a bouquet of letterbox flowers and they are beautiful.

Greenfinch Thu 12-Nov-20 19:27:01

Good to hear from you dustyangel .Hope we can meet up again next year.

Blossoming Thu 12-Nov-20 18:44:35

An afternoon curled up in a comfy chair with a book ?

dustyangel Thu 12-Nov-20 18:27:04

Greenfinch smile and I had forgotten this thread so thank you.

Greenfinch Thu 12-Nov-20 18:19:37

A glass of Bailey's and DH cooking the dinner. Bliss !

kiminegoreben Thu 12-Nov-20 18:12:43

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Lisagran Mon 23-Mar-20 07:02:30

Ooh Pantglas you’re making me feel hungry for afternoon tea and I haven’t had breakfast yet! Enjoy your treat!

Pantglas2 Mon 23-Mar-20 06:59:49

Morning Treaters - great to see your pics and what a lovely colour on your fritillaries Lisagran (that sounds a bit Frankie Howard-ish!)

My treat for today is afternoon tea - salmon & cucumber and egg & cress finger sandwiches with toasted banana bread and some bara brith to finish. Might make scones but I’ve no cream so perhaps not....

Lisagran Sun 22-Mar-20 18:08:00

Fritillaries appearing now in the garden ?

Pantglas2 Sun 22-Mar-20 17:56:57

So here we are about to enjoy our well earned treat.....weather has been delightful and some of you Treaters have enjoyed the same - must make the most of these small pleasures!

Iechyd da pawb (never were truer words spoken) x

Anoia Sun 22-Mar-20 17:05:53

I managed to get milk at the garage, haven’t managed to get any all week. (petrol as well, probably won’t use the car much in the next few weeks but like to be prepared).

Spent the afternoon planting seeds in the greenhouse, now sitting in the conservatory with a cup of tea and biscuits.

Had mother’s day cards and flowers, feels strange not to see my sons but had good chats on the phone.

Elizabeth1 Sun 22-Mar-20 16:50:37

Lunch by the seaside and the delivery of fresh flowers and tiny cupcakes from my offspring

Beechnut Sun 22-Mar-20 16:41:38

And I’m sitting in my new chair.

Beechnut Sun 22-Mar-20 16:40:55

Sunshine, all the garden jobs done that I wanted to do...lawn mowed and all branches cut off eucalyptus tree. It was bluddy hard work and I’m cream crackered but feel happy that I’ve done it. I know I deserve my G&T and I am enjoying it.

Nothing like having the back door open SalsaQueen ?

SalsaQueen Sun 22-Mar-20 16:04:08

Washing on the line, the back door open, no central heating on, everywhere is quiet, and the sun is still shining. Nice.

TerriBull Sun 22-Mar-20 14:28:04

Managed to pick up some fresh fruit, vegetables and eggs from local M&S which opened at 10 and wasn't frantic. We also had a good long walk in Bushy Park where it's easy to keep a distance, clumps of daffs out in great profusion, and best of all spied a family of Egyptian Geese, six goslings first seen a couple of weeks ago in the same spot, now a lot bigger and all have survived smile

GrannyGravy13 Sun 22-Mar-20 11:33:23

I have had a lovely long shower, put on one of my favourite cashmere jumpers (Christmas gift) sprayed myself with Jo Malone Wood Sage & Seasalt and put on some makeup. Silly I know but it has made me feel better.

M0nica Sun 22-Mar-20 11:09:27

I will pull the first rhubarb of the year in a few minutes and that freshly pulled and stewed fruit eaten with Sunday lunch will be today's treat.

DanniRae Sun 22-Mar-20 11:07:35

Olie Murs was great Elizabeth - I just love that song! Weirdly I think I enjoyed the Ant and Dec programme more without the crazy audience. But "Men in Brown" - really? What a load of childish rubbish (so sorry if people enjoyed it!!)

Elizabeth1 Sun 22-Mar-20 09:25:51

Who had a good belly laugh yesterday ME Ant and Dec soooo funny I was dancing in my bed last night with Ollie Murs smile sorry everyone I couldn’t work out how to start a new link.

DanniRae Sun 22-Mar-20 09:17:03

I have really pushed the boat out - Even though there was jam left for my toast I opened a new jar of lemon curd! It's Mother's Day so I decided to spoil myself. My own darling mum would have definitely approved grin