Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(104 Posts)
12Michael Wed 18-Mar-20 06:18:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight but grey skies and some rain.
Yesterday , i went out as normal but numbers were down on buses especially the X5 Oxford -Cambridge.
Bicester wise I did manage to get one item I needed plus other bits.
But carried on as normal regardless.
Got home to get a message on my answer phone as to my planned trip which would be tomorrow to see Tina the musical is cancelled .
But I would be getting a letter as to other bookings .
As to the statements on TV as to the virus etc carry on as normal .
It reminds me of Dads Army BJ as Captain Mainwairing , especially the open title bit changed slightly to Union Flag going against Europe and a symbol representing the virus trying to get in.
Mick

LadyKathleen Wed 18-Mar-20 18:16:36

Good morning from Seattle. It's sunny but cold here. With everything closed (except grocery stores and pharmacies), we're going for a long walk this afternoon. Have a great day!

annsixty Wed 18-Mar-20 15:12:31

Megs
We will all be hoping for the best possible treatment for your H.
Keep us informed.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 18-Mar-20 15:05:44

Megs36 wishing your DH all the best, remember to take care of you flowers

Scentia Wed 18-Mar-20 14:58:17

Gilly
Wow 2 weeks, is that it. Neither use nor ornament. I really don’t know how you have coped so far with all what you have had to take in, but this is a whole new pile of c%#p to deal with. There must be positives on the horizon, there must be. Take care of yourself.xx

Marydoll Wed 18-Mar-20 14:56:56

Megs, I hope your DH will improve once he is in hospital. It must be very scary for both of you. flowers

Greenfinch Wed 18-Mar-20 14:54:01

Hope all goes well Megs36

sallysmum Wed 18-Mar-20 14:35:19

A group of young mums has got together and has offered to shop for anyone self isolating. They all have reasons to go out, scool runs etc and wañt to help elderly or people at risk of catching this aful disease. I am sure many people who live alone will be so grateful of this service. Bless them all.

Megs36 Wed 18-Mar-20 14:22:12

Respiratory nurse called ambulance for my husband, now waiting, could be a long time, nhs very busy.

gillybob Wed 18-Mar-20 13:54:56

Hi again scentia . Yes just checked we can claim up to 2 weeks worth of SSP back . 2 x £96 . Well that should save the day. What on earth was I worrying about?

gillybob Wed 18-Mar-20 13:52:42

You can’t claim SSP back these days Scentia . Or is this a new announcement? Our ( labour run council) LA has just put all the rents up on the factory units by 20% . They’re all heart .

GrannySomerset Wed 18-Mar-20 13:43:20

Urmstongran - DH has Parkinson’s and therefore little fine motor control so he is reduced to my ministrations. He would much prefer to do things himself but sadly can’t.

Scentia Wed 18-Mar-20 13:26:06

Gilly
I am sure you know this already and I am really not sure this will ever come to fruition.
I am not sure how small your business is, but if like us you pay little or no rates then apparently our Local Government office will contact us about this "Grant" that business will get to help us through this. If you are paying SSP you can claim that back without the need for your employee to provide a fit note.

gillybob Wed 18-Mar-20 13:17:11

Good afternoon from "this place" in Tyneside.

After a night of almost no sleep whatsoever I did the school run for my DGS (10) . He is a very bright, sensitive boy and he is very worried about stuff at the minute. He was asking me things like "will people in our family die"? and got himself quite upset. I rang the school when I got to work and spoke to the secretary who told me that there was a lot of children feeling the same way and they were considering doing a special assembly about it.

I'm sitting here wondering what's the point. We have had 2 customers postpone work (in other words cancel) as they are first tier suppliers to Nissan who have now closed for 2 weeks . My DH is at home poorly and 2 of our 3 remaining employees are off "self isolating" (although I have my doubts there). I have tried my best over these last months but I'm just getting myself and DH (who can't be bothered whatsoever) deeper and deeper into cr*p . Help for small businesses ? Don't make me laugh.

The way I feel at the minute I feel like just throwing it all in.

Sorry to be such a misery guts.

Love to all

Gillybob xx

Lilyflower Wed 18-Mar-20 13:16:56

Grey and cool here in South Buckinghamshire. Had a nice walk around the village and amused myself with washing, ironing, cleaning and general drudgery.

DH, DD and DSIL now working from home in various parts of the house so feel like a bit of a drone while others carry on their paid employment. DS still going in to London on the train and Tube but he says they are so deserted he can sit on his own. Truly an unprecedented crisis.

Will accompany DH and then others on their walks round the village. Racked up 21,000 steps yesterday doing the same thing.

Megs36 Wed 18-Mar-20 13:08:07

Casualty and EastEnders at risk, what is the world coming to.?????

Maybelater2020 Wed 18-Mar-20 12:24:30

Good day Mike and everyone. When I started reading this thread it was still morning. It's a dull and wet day here in Chester but I will wrap up and walk my dog shortly. I like to get out and get some fresh air and exercise it makes me happier and more energised.

I have spent the morning on the telephone talking with friends and relatives who are keen to let me know I am not isolated. It is lovely, just hope it continues.

Take care

Megs36 Wed 18-Mar-20 12:08:43

Morning all?
we are now waiting for a visit from respiratory nurse for my husband, watch this space, Tried to speak to someone on 111 yesterday but after more than half hour hanging on gave up, they are so busy,daughter-in-law with kidney transplant sent home from work to ‘work from home’. So sad about your wedding Marydoll, we too have a wedding,grandson, for June but think it’s been cancelled/postponed. Another in September so hope for the best. I can’t help thinking by the end of this I’ll have waist length hair and weigh 20 stones, not a pretty thought??? Best to everyone with or without problems.

mancgirl Wed 18-Mar-20 12:07:56

Doramarr entirely agree
Urmston he's a keeper ?
scentia we had an email from our gym yesterday saying all classes cancelled. Pool, sauna, steam room etc.out of use. You can still use the gym.? Er, no thanks?

Auntieflo Wed 18-Mar-20 11:44:23

Just sat down with a mug of coffee c/o my DH.
Thank you to Dragonfly46, and Urmston for the acronym? answer. I love the sound of your DH trolley dolly remark.

Ginny42, I don't know why I usually am the kiss of death to houseplants, when outside plants I am fine with.

One load of washing done, and second lot in now.
Bed re-made and bedroom dusted. It doesn't know what's hit it.
I am saving my puzzle to do later.
Now I must go and delve in the freezer for some liver that I know I bought last week.

Urmstongran Wed 18-Mar-20 11:39:22

We’re fine thanks EV.
?

Like everyone on here I expect, we get slight anxiety now and again. All this is out of our control.

Being in control = confidence.

Hence why we all wobble now and then.

EllanVannin Wed 18-Mar-20 11:33:32

Many's the time I've had sardines on toast and pilchard salad.

EllanVannin Wed 18-Mar-20 11:32:32

Urmstongran I've got quite a variety of CD's to suit different moods. BeeGees at the moment, then George Michael. Cilla too and Streisand, Billy Joel----you name it, I love my music.

Hope you're okay x

whywhywhy Wed 18-Mar-20 11:31:55

Good morning from a very grey and wet Market Harborough.

Sending love and hugs to everyone during these tough times. Xxx

Doorstop Wed 18-Mar-20 11:25:19

Thank you Urmstongranflowers. Stay safe and enjoy your soup and sardines!

Urmstongran Wed 18-Mar-20 11:15:12

Hello to our newbies Doorstop and Nannynoonoo!
??
It’s lovely to have you join us. x