Gransnet forums

Chat

Comfort for fellow far, far away grans [and grandads]

(8 Posts)
curvygran Fri 20-Mar-20 18:05:25

As a mum of two sons and a small DGC in Australia , I would like to send 'virtual' hugs to everyone in a similar situation.

It makes the separation so, so much harder and it would be lovely if we could support each other during this stressful time.

Thank goodness for wattsapp and the internet!

It would be lovely to hear from others and get any tips on managing.
flowers

GrannyGravy13 Fri 20-Mar-20 18:15:08

Here here curvygran we have a teenage GC in lockdown in a mainland EU Country with maternal Grandpa, we are in UK our AC and DIL (their parents) are in Africa. So far away, so scary and feeling totally helpless sad

Witzend Fri 20-Mar-20 18:15:36

Yes, thank goodness for WhatsApp etc.!
And commiserations to all cuddle-deprived grandparents.

My Gdcs are only an hour and a half’s drive away, but we won’t be seeing them for the foreseeable.
But dd sends lots of pics and little videos, esp. of the youngest - only 10 weeks! - lovely to see her smiling and doing her best to ‘talk’. A little video the other day actually captured her very first laugh. ❤️

farview Fri 20-Mar-20 18:21:04

Daughter,hubby,baby and toddler in Dubai...Son,wife two darling granddaughters in Australia...so tough them all being far away in times like this..x

Lucca Fri 20-Mar-20 18:25:19

I am with you in this. Son and 2gs in Sydney not seen since December 2018. Son and 2gc 70 miles away but can’t see them obviously. Lots of FaceTime etc but you can’t hug an I pad.

Maggymay Fri 20-Mar-20 19:02:38

Our DGD born just a few days ago, DS and DIL live 300 miles away and is is heartbreaking knowing we won’t be able to give her a cuddle for many months, video chat and many photos sent but can’t wait to meet her.

BlueSky Fri 20-Mar-20 19:32:49

Same here curvygran DC and DGC in Oz! Nothing we can do really, thank goodness for Skype and FaceTime. I guess it helps thinking you are not the only ones in such circumstances.flowers

curvygran Fri 20-Mar-20 22:22:10

Maggymay, congratulations ! That first hug will be SO worth waiting for - my first was at Heathrow arrivals , plus lots of happy tears of course . I’ll never forget it ! Next baby due inMay, another long wait before I see her/him, sadly .