Gransnet forums

Chat

Tomorrow MARCH 22nd 2020

(7 Posts)
crazyH Sat 21-Mar-20 17:46:54

I will...

Brunette10 Sat 21-Mar-20 17:42:38

What a heart warming post, thank you so much and just brings us all together with or without children - thank you.flowers

rafichagran Sat 21-Mar-20 17:07:37

I will light a candle. This is a lovely thread.

Mapleleaf Sat 21-Mar-20 15:23:58

Yes, I will be lighting my candle.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 21-Mar-20 12:33:15

Thank you sal49 I will put my candle in the window ?

GabriellaG54 Sat 21-Mar-20 12:10:11

What a thoughtful and inspiring post. Thank you ??
I'm not religious but will light a candle of hope for everyone everywhere. ?️

sal49 Sat 21-Mar-20 12:00:54

Tomorrow will be Mothering Sunday.

To all those for whom the day will be tinged with sadness and grief, can I send my love and the reassurance that the love between a mother and child never dies. If bereavement or estrangement has prevented us from sending a card or receiving a token ourselves, it can never rob us of the love we received or did our best to give. Please try to remember the happy times and gain solace from them.

In addition, tomorrow will not be “normal”. The current crisis will mean that mothers can only be celebrated from a distance and both children and parents will be full of anxiety about the future. If it would help, perhaps you would like to join in the National Call to Prayer by lighting a candle in the windows of your home at 7pm tomorrow evening…this is a Churches Together in England initiative in the hope that all of us, whatever our beliefs, may find comfort and unity by joining together to shine light into the darkness.

Please take care and keep safe X