Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(71 Posts)
12Michael Sun 22-Mar-20 06:21:15

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky start here in Brackley this morning.
Today for me have another fry up breakfast, I only used to have these in a cafe in Buckingham about once a month on Saturdays.
Then Lunch , Steak & Kidney Pie plus Chips and Peas.
The Pie is made locally as we have a pie shop in the town, I usually by a small one as it lasts me 2 days , nice and meaty.
They are made on premises and sometimes when they are cooking and wind is right direction a nice wiff in the air.
Then watch last years bike racing repeats on Eurosport.
Mick

BlueSapphire Sun 22-Mar-20 20:08:40

Maw, that roast dinner looks delicious!
I had roast chicken - Sainsbury's does a mini chicken breast roast for two, so I did that today and will have enough left over for another couple of meals. Planning on doing a big casserole with the leftovers as I have plenty of veg.
And I think my rose was Portuguese (not Mateus!).

Curlywhirly Sun 22-Mar-20 18:07:04

Conor how lovely was that! Our younger son came to our house for a Mother's Day meal, his older brother was not able to come as he has a wife and children and we couldn't really do distance contact with them. So we sat at one end of our dining room table (it is quite long and seats 8) and he sat at the other end. He wasn't allowed in the kitchen and there were no hugs or kisses. Very strange, but we managed to make it work and to keep our distance!

conor Sun 22-Mar-20 16:38:13

My DS and family arrived with their own picnic and sat outside in their car with windows open! I sat on my doorstep and there was lots of blown kisses and virtual hugs. DGSs thought it was great fun!
A memorable Mother's Day in more ways than one xxxx

Newquay Sun 22-Mar-20 16:21:45

Our local DD came round with one of our DGD. We were all in the garden, way apart, while DGD cavorted about well away from us. Then. . .next door Neighbour mowed his lawn! So had to have quick chats in between pauses. I shouted we were glad when he finished. ?
We were going to a local cafe for afternoon tea yesterday for Mother’s Day. We cancelled that, of course, as well as a pub meal next Saturday for our Golden Wedding with DD2 from Yorks who won’t be coming-her DH is on the front line, poor man.
We did online church-it was very good. Realistic but very uplifting too!

CherryCezzy Sun 22-Mar-20 16:18:35

Fab' surprise Marydoll, clearly from a loving family to a special lady ❤️

BladeAnnie Sun 22-Mar-20 15:57:32

What a lovely surprise Marydoll - very well deserved smile x

Bellanonna Sun 22-Mar-20 15:27:26

What a lovely treat for you, Marydoll and a very well-deserved one too !

Marydoll Sun 22-Mar-20 14:26:41

I have just had a lovely surprise!
DS1,DIL and DDG on her trike have just arrived at the bottom of our drive with flowers and chocolates.
I looked across the road and my friend's son was doing exactly the same thing. ?
It was totally surreal.

Violettham Sun 22-Mar-20 13:32:49

Good Morning Mick What a nice site this is. I have just been looking at the other Grandsnet site and felt very sad so much nastiness and self opinionated people. May I ask if you were a club cyclist as I was.

EllanVannin Sun 22-Mar-20 13:10:30

Eggs, yes. I hear chickens clucking every morning not far up the road from me---I must get chatting to the owners ! grin

Urmstongran Sun 22-Mar-20 13:10:03

Mmn! I could just tuck into that Maw!

EllanVannin Sun 22-Mar-20 13:07:29

That looks like the size of my dinners, MawB. Hearty, I call them but do nothing for your thumb joints while carrying them grin

MawB Sun 22-Mar-20 13:01:15

White chocolate, but who cares?

MawB Sun 22-Mar-20 13:00:38

Mothering Sunday roast dinner courtesy of our village pub!
Takeaway, brought out to me in the carpark, in case anybody thinks Maw is down the boozer (again)
While chocolate cheesecake to follow - oh and as much again going into the fridge for Mithering Monday.
A cheeky Chapel Down rosé to wash it down - what’s not to like?

angie95 Sun 22-Mar-20 12:02:13

Good morning , it's a beautiful sunny day, blue skies, a bit chilly. Marydoll,I hope you are feeling better today smile I hope everyone is having a lovely Mother's Day xx Take care folks and keep smiling xx

GrannySomerset Sun 22-Mar-20 11:40:57

Just come in from a neighbourly coffee morning in our close all standing 2 metres apart with our own beverage of choice. Good to see people, chat about trivia and be glad to be out in the sunshine even if in the road. We will need lots more initiatives of this kind!

My friend next door but one is self isolating on orders from her GP son since she is prone to bronchitis, which brings home how seriously we need to take this, and how much more severe restrictions are likely to become.

CherryCezzy Sun 22-Mar-20 11:37:19

Good morning everyone from a cold but Spring-like day here in the Gower.
Happy Mother's Day ? to all mums and Grandmas, have a good a day as you can flowers
Woke up to photos of drawings done by my 3 lovely Ggns, I'm very touched.
Lamb casserole for dinner ? later. I might try and get on with my art work, though it's hardly a work of art!
Glad you are feeling better Marydoll, take care x
Sending well wishes to your husband Meg's ❤️
Look after yourselves everyone flowers

Megs36 Sun 22-Mar-20 11:18:41

Thanks Marydoll for thinking of me specially with all you have had to put up with. My husband is still in isolation in hospital, we speak on the phone but still don’t know what is really wrong, pneumonia was mentioned, quite possible as he has COPD and breathing problems., My family are not near but chat on the phone now and then and text, I think our June wedding is postponed. A friend just said what a Bummer Mother’s Day......got to agree,
Cheers all x

Mapleleaf Sun 22-Mar-20 11:17:24

Good morning all,

It’s a lovely sunny but chilly morning here. I’ve got some washing on the go so should be able to get it out to dry later.

Another quiet day in store - our usual treat of going to the nearby garden centre to enjoy lunch in its cafe and buy some plants is off the cards for the foreseeable future. We didn’t go every single Sunday, but quite often. They are going to be hit hard by this as business was always brisk.

I’m going to have a go at setting zoom up on my iPad this afternoon, ready for the virtual Pilates sessions starting next week.

Glad to read that you are feeling better today, Marydoll.

Take care everyone. ?

gillybob Sun 22-Mar-20 11:02:44

Charleygirl

It would be funny if it weren’t so serious .

Charleygirl5 Sun 22-Mar-20 10:59:49

You are all discussing eggs- what is an egg please?

Auntieflo Sun 22-Mar-20 10:41:42

Good morning Michael, Annie and all. flowers for Annie.
It is sunny here, but the wind is cold.
I had a lovely brown egg, in a blue and white striped egg cup, with toast, for my breakfast this morning. So tasty.
As usual I have been pootling and faffing, so am late to say hello.
The jigsaw, on a table by the window doesn't help. It is so tempting to sit down and search for a few pieces.
Had a Face Time with DD yesterday. Our grandson is at home with them now, so he was a bonus to chat to.
As this is such an uncertain time for us all, I sent e- cards to DD and both DIL's, telling them what great mums they all are.
I love the sound of all the goodies that you are having for supper tonight. I had planned on steak, onions, mushrooms and chips/ jacket potato. But since reading about Greyduster's, Boeuf Stroganoff, I could make that instead, and it will make the steak go further. grin.
Glad to hear that you are feeling better today Marydoll, and that Gillybob sounds more upbeat . Enjoy tour walk in the fresh air with DD and little Evie. Gilly we have the sun here, but do need it to be a bit warmer.
Just across the road, there is a bush with such bright orange berries, that when the sun catches it, it glows like fire. It is beautiful.
At the moment DH has some favourite hymns on, and it makes missing Church a bit easier.
Take care and stay safe everyone, and enjoy your day.

Taichinan Sun 22-Mar-20 10:26:01

Just popped back in to thank you for your breakfast idea Mick. I just so enjoyed my bacon and egg! So very "Sunday" and I don't know when I last had that ?

Charleygirl5 Sun 22-Mar-20 10:12:41

Good morning all- it is sunny but cold in NW London. Please be aware all because I am sure it is not my neck of the woods where this is happening but locally Romanians have been seen in local stores (Waitrose) lifting purses and rifling bags. Here it was a group of around 7 with 2-3 gorgeous little children. When security was on the case they just moved to a couple of more stores next door. They apparently were seen to be specifically targeting the elderly and infirm and mainly at the till queue. Beware.

BladeAnnie Sun 22-Mar-20 09:55:07

Good morning all from a bright and sunny mid-Notts. Hope we all have a happy mother's day - albeit very different from what we would choose. Sending virtual hugs x