Gransnet forums

Chat

Not another virus...

(10 Posts)
BlueSky Wed 25-Mar-20 10:37:50

Well no good worrying about new viruses when we still got this one! Que sera' sera'. ..what will be will be....

Callistemon Wed 25-Mar-20 10:12:27

Hantaviruses are a range of viruses that are not transmitted from person to person (as yet).

Lucca Wed 25-Mar-20 09:55:13

I mean... I’m with

Lucca Wed 25-Mar-20 09:54:55

I. With Scarlett O’Hara on this one.......

EllanVannin Wed 25-Mar-20 09:52:00

Coronavirus isn't new either. It was recognised in the 60's but no cure or vaccine had been found.

yggdrasil Wed 25-Mar-20 08:45:38

Fake news. Hantavirus is well known and not new.

Lilypops Wed 25-Mar-20 07:14:08

Well , Gabriella , that was a cheerful post to wake up to this morning, isn’t the news depressing enough without adding that to worry us all !

EllanVannin Wed 25-Mar-20 07:04:02

Nothing surprises me. My D was only saying not long ago that this country is becoming one of the dirtiest along with the people in it.
Because she's at such close quarters with the public she said that it was getting worse having noticed this lack of personal care and a general don't care attitude of people.

Even when she was an agency nurse in the mid 80's she'd witnessed slip-shod attitudes among staff and shoddy work, even in expensive nursing homes. Needless to say she didn't get on with many staff especially when she found one asleep while on nights in a high-dependency home ! That was a private one for those with MH problems in Warrington.

Sad, that because she'd found that many didn't pull their weight that she left after 7 years and took up something totally different, she was a good nurse and a hard worker.

vampirequeen Wed 25-Mar-20 06:43:10

I'll bet on invasion from outer space. There is a wonderful conspiracy theory that there is a link between aliens and new infections. One side says they introduce viruses to kill us off and the other says they do it to strengthen our gene pool and/or build immunity into us against a common virus that they carry i.e. to protect us in the long run.

GabriellaG54 Tue 24-Mar-20 23:37:25

News today of a fatality.
Hantavirus, spread by rats to humans through their droppings and urine.
has caused at least one death in China.
A man who died on a bus was found to have the virus which kills 38% of those it infects.
What next...?