Gransnet forums

Chat

Wednesday exercise - what are your plans?

(38 Posts)
Riverwalk Wed 25-Mar-20 07:03:15

It's another sunny day out there and I'm getting ready for a 90-minute walk, before the crowds!

Then later a bit of tidying in my little garden, and maybe even a teeny bit of housework.

sunshine

felice Thu 26-Mar-20 11:56:54

Newquay,,, what's with the OH. We live as a family, I live in the "granny" flat in their house. We have been in lockdown here since the 13th, shopping, medical and walks allowed, no groups and walking only with family members. Fines are high for disobedience and there are extra Police and Military patrolling the streets.
I would NEVER put my DGS or family at risk.
I live 10 minutes from our Church so have been going along to ensure all is safe, also cleaning out fridges and putting rubbish out on the set days. Switched the heating off yesterday and not needed at the moment.
Garden this afternoon, helped DD and DGS to bath the dog this morning, smallish dog but takes more than one person!!!!

Maggymay Wed 25-Mar-20 18:35:33

1.5 miles walking on treadmill followed by gardening.

BlueSky Wed 25-Mar-20 18:28:38

Thanks M0nica this would really stress me out, still if it was needed it would have to be done!

GabriellaG54 Wed 25-Mar-20 18:13:00

Riverwalk
I like the (just seen it) pic of your walk by the Thames on another thread.
Haven't been to London in ages. Shootings, stabbings, robberies by scooter/motorbike riders...
Wish it was different as I used to like trips on the Thames, walks in Richmond and Kew Gdns, theatres, markets especially Borough Market...so much to love but I love life more.

M0nica Wed 25-Mar-20 17:53:09

BlueSky, yes, unless you have had a letter from NHS or your GP to say that you need to be completely shielded and must not leave your home or are in social seclusion because someone in the household has the virus or has been in contact with someone with the virus.

Our DS and family are currently in social seclusion, they will be free tomorrow, I am out every morning for my morning walk and tomorrow we will be out early for our weekly shop.

BlueSky Wed 25-Mar-20 17:01:48

Thank you Whitewave ! That's a relief! I wouldn't want to be reported by the neighbours! grin

Barmeyoldbat Wed 25-Mar-20 16:31:22

Still managing to cycle once a day but shorter distances.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 25-Mar-20 16:08:34

Oh and only 1 walk a day

Whitewavemark2 Wed 25-Mar-20 16:08:16

bluesky yes but religiously keep the required distance of 2 Meters

sodapop Wed 25-Mar-20 16:03:36

Dog walking and lots of housework. Also energetically unwrapping the chocolate.

grannysyb Wed 25-Mar-20 15:59:11

We, 72 and 81 are going to our allotment every day. We drive there and it is keeping us sane. Need to some gardening later after tea and crumpets!

BlueSky Wed 25-Mar-20 15:13:22

Once and for all are we 70+ allowed out for a walk or not supposed to leave the house at all for 12 weeks? confused

Newquay Wed 25-Mar-20 14:32:12

Oh Felice why are you with your DGS? Does he live with you?
Made a few phone calls/FT to folk on their own-I have a list of 18 folk I’m keeping in touch with. Did my British Heart Foundation 10 minute lounge workout. Have done a couple of half hour stunts in the garden. Now feet up for lunch then further in garden followed by walk-avoiding anyone we meet.

Riverwalk Wed 25-Mar-20 14:24:17

I'm in London Gabriella !

Because the weather is so good the world and his wife are going to the parks and other public places, later in the day.

Obviously the press emphasise 'crowds' and print very selective photos but it was noticeable that families were out early this morning.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 25-Mar-20 14:18:16

Up at 7 and sat down for half an hour with coffee, and now sat down looking on line. In between, took nets down in spare bedroom and cleaned the window and bathroom window. Did the ironing, fed the birds hoovered and steam cleaned floors, walked the dog for an hour. Prepared breakfast and lunch. Washed the spare room bed cover and hung it out. Put clean nets back up. Did half an hour of my course. This afternoon I’m going to start a small garden project, prepare dinner and then read a bit more of Mantel. Then watch television.

Such small things make me happy?

GabriellaG54 Wed 25-Mar-20 14:02:08

Riverwalk

What crowds? I thought we were supposed to be indoors except for one walk per day but not near crowds.
Are you in GB?

GabriellaG54 Wed 25-Mar-20 13:56:26

Had my run at 5.45 (no buddy ?) then did some re-planting and erected a wall of faux ivy against which to train 2 clematis ordered from Bakker.
Nothing since then.
Now reading then late lunch/early evening meal.

TerriBull Wed 25-Mar-20 13:53:02

Very spaced out in our park, the deer were closer than the humans, maybe approached by a dog or two, but generally everyone does their best to keep well away when someone else is coming towards them.

TerriBull Wed 25-Mar-20 13:50:39

25 minutes of yoga before breakfast from an on line tutorial used before. Just got in from a 90 minute walk in the park.

Liaise Wed 25-Mar-20 13:47:46

We have a pristine new fence. Concrete bases and posts as the last lot, put in by the builder, rotted in the seven years we've been here. Now have to recover plants affected by all this.. Sheds have to be put back etc. But it is looking smart.

felice Wed 25-Mar-20 11:47:05

Been in the garden this morning, then taking a walk along to the Church to put the paper rubbish out and turn the heating off.
Will take DGS with me this afternoon.

Happygirl79 Wed 25-Mar-20 11:42:14

A lovely lone walk in the sunshine avoiding people at all times although not many people are about here
Will try to walk for an hour then may weed the drive and path later

Rosalyn69 Wed 25-Mar-20 11:41:57

Pilates and dog walk.

Riverwalk Wed 25-Mar-20 11:38:25

I did a river walk and the park - the park was busier than it usually is at 07.45.

There were families with young children who would not normally be in the park at that time of day - I expect they wanted to have their outing before the crowds arrived, particularly as the weather is good.

Hetty58 Wed 25-Mar-20 09:31:54

Riverwalk, same as you, but with a dog!