Gransnet forums

Chat

When all this is over, I'm going to.....

(176 Posts)
Chewbacca Thu 26-Mar-20 01:07:09

Book tickets for the theatre
Go to the cinema, followed by a nice meal in my favourite bistro
Have my hair cut and coloured

What about you?

Purplepixie Thu 26-Mar-20 01:14:13

Go to London for a long weekend. Eat and drink myself silly and even fatter! Book some lessons and learn to play the piano. Take the grand children to the beach and have ice creams and chips! Buy some really nice clothes after I have spent the last couple of days sorting out my cupboards, drawers and wardrobe. Visit some very dear friends in Edinburgh. Test drive a Range Rover even though I cannot afford the door handle and just live!!!!!!

quizqueen Thu 26-Mar-20 01:24:04

.......always have lots of toilet rolls in my house.

Purplepixie Thu 26-Mar-20 01:28:31

Quizqueen - Yes plenty of toilet rolls in every different colour that I can find. Oh and some kitchen roll wouldn’t go amiss right now either.

TwiceAsNice Thu 26-Mar-20 03:36:23

Drive back to Wales to visit my best friend

Get my hair cut and coloured first or she might not recognise me!

Go shopping in our lovely local farm shop with a coffee in their cafe afterwards

Go to the cinema to hopefully see one of the postponed films I’d planned to see

Have a meal and glass of wine in our super friendly local pub ( who I hope won’t have gone out of business)

Hopefully go to France for my cancelled holiday

Basically go back to going wherever I want again!

fatgran57 Thu 26-Mar-20 04:32:13

Being able to see the family again.

Get my hair cut.

Go out for lunches and morning coffees again.

Have fish and chips.

Go over to Melbourne for my yearly shopping trip.

Stock up on toilet paper etc. (do you have coloured rolls in England? posh!)

Buy plenty of nice soap to replace what I have used.

Just to be able to go to the shops again - don't know what you've got till it's gone!!

Txquiltz Thu 26-Mar-20 04:37:16

See my grandsons and do lots of fun activities with them.

Ohmother Thu 26-Mar-20 05:22:28

Hug my family.

Ginny42 Thu 26-Mar-20 06:09:55

Fly to my family or they fly here.

Bathsheba Thu 26-Mar-20 06:23:30

What Ohmother said. Nothing else matters more than that.

grandMattie Thu 26-Mar-20 06:28:31

Go out and MUX with people. Might have coffee out...

grandMattie Thu 26-Mar-20 06:29:29

Love to hug my family, but they live in NZ and India. Not possible..

GrannyLaine Thu 26-Mar-20 06:44:12

HUG my grandchildren like there's no tomorrow. Nothing else required here

aggie Thu 26-Mar-20 06:52:26

Forget my selfconiousness and take my rolator for a walk instead of struggling with a stick

Katyj Thu 26-Mar-20 06:53:58

Hug my grandchildren 😍

hondagirl Thu 26-Mar-20 07:22:40

Go and visit my family in New Zealand, that's if I most of the airlines haven't gone bust and the flight doesn't cost the earth!

GrannyGravy13 Thu 26-Mar-20 07:36:26

Gather all the AC, partners and GC at our home for one hell of a celebration.

I shall never take anything for granted again!!

May7 Thu 26-Mar-20 07:38:36

Have a good nights sleep

BlueSapphire Thu 26-Mar-20 07:38:47

Get my hair cut and coloured.
Go out for a nice meal with the family.
Book a cruise /holiday.
Go to the cinema.
Go to a rugby match again to watch my team.
Go shopping.
But being with family is the most important.

TerriBull Thu 26-Mar-20 07:56:04

Get together with all the family, children, grandchildren, and everyone else and give them a hug.

Maybe go on one of the holidays booked later in the year, fingers crossed but bearing in mind it may not happen.

Return to the supermarket without a mask, or any fear.

Drive out to favourite parts of the countryside and coast.

Get together with friends for meals out.

Cinema

Return to the gym and swimming pool.

In fact all the things we did on a day to day basis and took for granted.

NanKate Thu 26-Mar-20 08:10:17

Do silly mad dancing to Ed Sheehan with my two lovely grandsons. Give our DS an extra hug for doing everything he could to protect us.

Go to our favourite Italian Coffee Shop where they play fabulous music quietly into background.

Rebook the 3 short hols we had planned.

Be grateful for getting through this terrible nightmare.

ArtySue Thu 26-Mar-20 08:17:02

After hugging everyone I know I'll be heading for St Ives where I'll take my shoes off and wriggle my feet in the sand.

tanith Thu 26-Mar-20 08:30:39

Be ecstatic if my family come through this unscathed.

etheltbags1 Thu 26-Mar-20 08:40:51

Hug my daughter and granddaughter and go along the local beach .

annsixty Thu 26-Mar-20 08:43:34

Find out where I am on the list for my hip replacement which should be tomorrow and if it ismore than 3 weeks I will pay to have it done as soon as possible.
If I had done this last October when it started to really get bad, I may have been walking around in comfort now.

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 26-Mar-20 08:48:32

I’m not particularly religious but I’ll certainly be thankful to someone that my family ( hopefully) will have come through this unscathed.

I might need to get my hair done before I hug my family, I don’t think they will recognise me if I don’t! They’ll wonder who this grey, wild haired old hag is I’m sure.

A visit to MIL who by then probably won’t recognise her children, let alone grandchildren and Grt grandchildren.

And then go to the beach, Any beach will do.

Laughterlines Thu 26-Mar-20 08:54:30

Think I will go on a hairdressing course. Sounds like that’s the business to be in. Gave myself home haircut. Now have to self isolate another 6 weeks while it grows back.

Stay cool everybody we grans can do this.

BlueSky Thu 26-Mar-20 09:03:39

Book trip to see my far away family! Book holidays! Go out for meal! Go out in the Beer Garden for a drink or two! Go browsing in the shops! And spend spend spend! smile

annsixty Thu 26-Mar-20 09:14:07

The irony is that those of us living on an income derived from pensions will be so much better off than families, laid off from work.
Okay they will get some money but these days lifestyles live up to incomes and now they will have bored children who maybe will be clamouring for video games etc.
Sorry to digress but that thought popped into my head.
Back to the thread now.

timetogo2016 Thu 26-Mar-20 09:15:57

Catch up on kisses and hugs with my g/children.

Anniebach Thu 26-Mar-20 09:16:12

Hug my younger granddaughter

Buy an electric wheelchair so I can go out of my bungalow

Curlywhirly Thu 26-Mar-20 09:18:18

Invite my sons, DDIL and DGC around for a meal.
Babysit.
Get my roots done.
Go to the pub.
Have a meal out.
Go shopping, and like Bluesky spend, spend, spend!

Hetty58 Thu 26-Mar-20 09:18:35

BIG, BIG,BIG family party/celebration to compensate for all we've missed!

fatgran57 Thu 26-Mar-20 09:19:11

Laughterlines smile

grannymary Thu 26-Mar-20 09:23:38

Hand in my notice and give up work. Working in a sector which is designated as key workers I would feel bad about doing it at the moment but I’ve been thinking about it for a while. This pandemic situation has made me finally see that life really is too short

Nvella Thu 26-Mar-20 09:29:00

Sing in my choir and get back to my swimming routine

Pittcity Thu 26-Mar-20 09:29:56

Get away from home.....

Shirls52000 Thu 26-Mar-20 09:30:40

Head straight to my daughters house and give her, my little 16 month grandson and my SIL the biggest hug ever because I miss them like mad!

Hypno Thu 26-Mar-20 09:31:31

Hug my kids and grandkids ...get my newly long hair cut into a sleek Bob..go ballroom dancing again...get a tube into the west end and go to the shops... meet all my friends for a fabulous meal and eat whatever I want !!!!

polnan Thu 26-Mar-20 09:31:52

just go outside, mix with people hug anyone who will let me hug them

krazykat Thu 26-Mar-20 09:32:49

See my twin grandsons that were born on Tuesday

Armynanny Thu 26-Mar-20 09:35:00

Meet my ex work colleagues for a meal as I was supposed to be celebrating my retirement with them last week.
Go for a meal with my friends as above.
Meet my extended family as I was supposed to be going to my Aunts funeral next week.
Go travelling in our motorhome as we had many plans now we are both retired.

MrsEggy Thu 26-Mar-20 09:35:37

Support my small local shops more, also milkman, they are much more reliable than supermarkets!

hulahoop Thu 26-Mar-20 09:45:25

Hopefully celebrate my family has come through it and give them all a massive hug .see my friends who have helped with isolation by being at the end of a phone.just be glad it's over !!

Corkie91 Thu 26-Mar-20 09:45:30

See my daughter
Go to theatre, cinema, pub restaurant
Have my hair done
Celebrate

hereshoping Thu 26-Mar-20 09:46:15

Carry on much the same , as we're housebound due to elderly mil who can't move without help.

Janetashbolt Thu 26-Mar-20 09:46:32

might be a lot of people visiting divorce lawyers or midwives

rowanflower0 Thu 26-Mar-20 09:47:28

Have my hair cut and coloured and my nails done;
Go for Sunday lunch at a very nice restaurant with two widow friends;
Drive down to Berkshire and take my two sons for a meal;
Book a holiday in La Manga in Spain;

Fi59 Thu 26-Mar-20 09:47:57

That’s me too!

Annaram1 Thu 26-Mar-20 09:48:56

People want to do the simple things in life, things we all took for granted once, and hopefully one day we will take them for granted again.
Stay safe and safe isolate.

minxie Thu 26-Mar-20 09:53:21

Hopefully be thankful That everyone I love comes through unscathed.
Then all of the above

Lulu16 Thu 26-Mar-20 09:54:28

Have a big family gathering and be thankful for life

Theoddbird Thu 26-Mar-20 09:56:54

Visit my grandchildren and my new great niece. Nothing more. My life is simple...I live simply. We will come through this changed....the world will be changed. The earth has sent us to our rooms to think about what we have done to it..

Quizzer Thu 26-Mar-20 10:01:23

Probably all of the above, but also book that trip to Australia before anything else interferes.

Dillyduck Thu 26-Mar-20 10:04:04

CRETE!

I stay in a wonderful singles only hotel in Crete, the Mistral at Maleme, and I have a booking there in the Autumn. Fingers and toes crossed that I get my two weeks of sunshine with my friends. If not, then I expect we will manage a get together somewhere in the UK.

Tree58 Thu 26-Mar-20 10:04:53

Like others, all I want to do is hug my family. I dont care about anything else.

HK55 Thu 26-Mar-20 10:07:28

Anything I want when I want😊

Flakesdayout Thu 26-Mar-20 10:10:44

Probably cry with relief.
Hug the ones I love (and maybe some that I dont)
Sleep better
Not worry if I hear a cough when I'm out.
Go shopping for non essentials.

millymouge Thu 26-Mar-20 10:13:31

Hug all my family and thank them for all they did. At last move to the bungalow we bought the day before the lock down.

Pammie46 Thu 26-Mar-20 10:20:07

First time posting. Give all my eight grandchildren the biggest hugs ever. Then wait patiently for my eldest grandchild to give birth to my first great grandchild in June. Don’t know if boy or girl. So so pleased she is going old school. Can’t wait

inishowen Thu 26-Mar-20 10:21:28

I'll rebook my dental appointment to get a new crown. I have a gap at the moment.
See the family all at once. Maybe a summer party.
Go back to Pilates.
See my friend for a coffee in town
Go out for a meal.
Rebook our holiday to Spain.

Chris0 Thu 26-Mar-20 10:22:28

To hug my grown up children and go out together for a meal and finally go to the cities we planned to visit together before everything was cancelled. To go out on a whim to mooch around the shops and have a coffee.

marpau Thu 26-Mar-20 10:24:36

Hug my family really tight

Anniechip Thu 26-Mar-20 10:32:58

Be so very thankful that we’ve come through it!
Hug my grandchildren!! Visit my grandchildren in Essex and hug them too!
Re- book our month long trip to NZ where we should be right now!
Get my hair cut, managing to colour it myself at the moment!
Never, ever moan about Christmas shopping queues again!

Urmstongran Thu 26-Mar-20 10:37:49

Probably be a bit emotional with relief.
Then as we are in Spain at present ~ hit the beach nearby for the day with lunch & wine at a beach bar. It will be lovely to be allowed outside again.
Then, book a flight back to Manchester!

Keeper1 Thu 26-Mar-20 10:41:09

Well,obviously hug my grandchildren but hope my husband gets his appointment through for transplant assessment.

Rosina Thu 26-Mar-20 10:43:10

Hug my children and grandchildren - I ache from lack of real contact with them all.
Walk around my lovely local shops and have a coffee and cake.
Book a short break - 'don't like to be away from my animals for longer.
Thank my lucky stars if I am still around.

Houndi Thu 26-Mar-20 10:44:17

See my friend .Book a weekend away at Gary Neville hotel as he has been doing so much to help
Lending his hotel to NHS workers.Go to Madeira stay in one Ronaldo hotel
This guy been amazing brought 3 ITU units for Portugal and let his hotel be used as hospital.See a show.Go out for a meal with family.Have hair cut and coloured by the end of this i might find out how grey i am

Guineagirl Thu 26-Mar-20 10:48:18

I’ve planned it already just so hopelessness doesn’t set in.

It’s a good question and replying gives me hope...

1. Bike around Carsington reservoir.
2. Put my house up for sale.
3. American style fridge freezer.
4. Appreciate all the above.

One thing my integrated freezer and fridge have taught me I can’t fit anything in the freezer.

Maremia Thu 26-Mar-20 10:51:04

Hugs galore, cuddles and kisses, and like MrsEggy buy from any local shops that survive. Re-book our lost holiday to Seville. We cancelled, thank goodness, just before Spain went into lockdown. Houdini, will look out for Gary Neville hotels. Roots done, unless the 'badger' look comes into vogue. Hope we all get to do these wishes soon.

Noreen3 Thu 26-Mar-20 10:59:41

get my hair done

go out with my family,catch up with things we've not been able to do

have a trip to the seaside

get back to my normal routine,and realise that I've built up a good life for myself after becoming a widow

Foxynan Thu 26-Mar-20 11:03:09

I’m going to give my kids and grandchildren the biggest hug ever x

narrowboatnan Thu 26-Mar-20 11:06:11

Go and visit my DS, DD, DiL, SiL and DGC (6 of those) living the other side of the country. FaceTime and Messenger are all well and good, but you can’t hug properly on those

Peardrop50 Thu 26-Mar-20 11:07:26

Give thanks that it's all over, hug my children and grandchildren, go for coffee and cake by the beach and make a massive donation to a cause that appreciates our NHS.

KathrynP Thu 26-Mar-20 11:17:16

I am due to have MOHs surgery on a tumour on the top of my nose with plastic surgery . Was diagnosed in September due to have op in January but told a week before it won’t happen till June/July so found excellent surgeon and booked a private op for April 23rd that has now been cancelled understandably. Thankfully it seems that all Doctors are being directed towards the Coronavirus battle. They said they will contact me when they are ready and I certainly won’t bother them till I hear from them. Most of the private sector surgeons also work in the NHS so won’t have time to do private operations. I am lucky that my growth is the most slow growing cancer. We are so lucky to have the NHS. Of course this is all assumptions no one really knows how this is all going to pan out. Keep safe.

grandtanteJE65 Thu 26-Mar-20 11:21:25

Go to Flensburg, our nearest town, right now we are not allowed to cross the border to Germany. Wander round the shops and enjoy myself.

Take a trip to Schleswieg - the town not the state and show my husband the cathedral there which he has never seen and the glorious carved wooden altarpiece from the 16th century.

Scrumptious Thu 26-Mar-20 11:22:35

I've bagged the first
Its over party bring a bottle & toilet roll for friends/family & neighbours
One of those parties just like when I was young Music booze fags even! and lots of nibbles with soup & stew to end the party xxx

Tooyoungytobeagrandma Thu 26-Mar-20 11:26:04

Complete my house sale, complete my divorce, buy a house and then go on holiday!

EthelJ Thu 26-Mar-20 11:26:05

Give my children and grandchildren a big hug and kiss, and make a nice meal for them
Have coffee and lunch with friends
Try not to take anything for granted again

Roswell Thu 26-Mar-20 11:26:26

Hug the children and grandchildren and celebrate all the missed birthdays, and be grateful it's passed.

Moppet Thu 26-Mar-20 11:26:42

Hug my great granddaughter, who is very young and I have only seen three times.

gillyknits Thu 26-Mar-20 11:36:44

Go out for lunch (if there’s anywhere to go)
Get my hair cut
Just go out anywhere!

Lyn54 Thu 26-Mar-20 11:47:57

Give my daughters and grandchildren lots of hugs 😘
Get my hair cut and coloured.
Coffee / lunch with friends.

Alishka Thu 26-Mar-20 11:48:54

Go out on my new electric wheelchair I bought secondhand just before lockdown.

Caro57 Thu 26-Mar-20 11:54:15

Gather family together and hug them

Aepgirl Thu 26-Mar-20 11:57:49

After first hugging the much-missed family, run up and down the road knocking on everybody’s door and shouting ‘We’re back’.

LinAnn52 Thu 26-Mar-20 11:59:32

Give all my family the biggest hugs, and especially the grandchildren. Missing them so much, even though we use FaceTime.

Saggi Thu 26-Mar-20 12:03:35

My daughter is in ‘shielded’ ...one of the 1.5 million. She won’t see us OR her two kids for three months ....so first thing is to hug her right out of her isolation.

CrazyGrandma2 Thu 26-Mar-20 12:04:05

Very simple, I'm going to take immense delight in having everyone around for a family meal with lots of hugs. I can't believe how quickly our 6mth GS is developing. We're missing out on the months of real baby time.

Diggingdoris Thu 26-Mar-20 12:04:50

I have 6 family members all front line NHS, so if we get through this unscathed I will give them all the biggest of hugs and a great party. I am constantly worried for them all. They deserve a medal.

BakaSueSue Thu 26-Mar-20 12:07:04

Be thankful that I’m around to hug my family, see my friends and have a street party to celebrate!

sandelf Thu 26-Mar-20 12:13:46

Have the Venetian blinds we were just about to get visited for the measure up and then visited to have them fitted. Oh well.

Conni7 Thu 26-Mar-20 12:15:49

Return to blessed normal life!

jennyvg Thu 26-Mar-20 12:20:00

Hug my grandsons so hard they will squeal,
Get my hair cut
Thank God it's all over

maddyone Thu 26-Mar-20 12:28:10

When this is all over I’m going to:
Hug my children and grandchildren to within and inch of their lives.

ThisLittlePiggy Thu 26-Mar-20 12:28:27

Spend a whole day wantering around town, looking in shops, having a nice lunch and visiting my best friend.

maddyone Thu 26-Mar-20 12:28:31

Oh, and get my hair done.

Mapleleaf Thu 26-Mar-20 12:31:30

See as many of my family members and friends I can.
Be relieved that the restrictions are over, and give thanks that it's ended.

frankie74 Thu 26-Mar-20 12:33:48

Get my house sold and finally have a haircut. Probably not in that order!

Pinkhousegirl Thu 26-Mar-20 12:34:26

go to see and cuddle my first grandchild whose birth I am going to miss. And my lovely daughter as well. xx