Gransnet forums

Chat

When all this is over, I'm going to.....

(177 Posts)
Chewbacca Thu 26-Mar-20 01:07:09

Book tickets for the theatre
Go to the cinema, followed by a nice meal in my favourite bistro
Have my hair cut and coloured

What about you?

BradfordLass73 Fri 27-Mar-20 00:12:23

Just before the lockdown, I went with a few friends to Elevation, where we had a magnificent meal and enjoyed spectacular views.

We have pledged that once we are free, we'll go back and do it all again grin

www.elevationbrasserie.co.nz/

Sussexborn Fri 27-Mar-20 00:21:47

Shock my OH by insisting we holiday in the UK as our tourist industry will be struggling. I have been reading the Bernard Cornwell series The Last Kingdom and would like to visit Bamburgh Castle though Uhtred will be long gone.

DD2 tells me that the coastline is stunning. I do love to watch the sea.

NemoNanna Fri 27-Mar-20 15:55:26

After reading all the comments, and agreeing with everything, I’m thinking that currently you can’t get an online shopping slot for weeks, but post lockdown and isolation the same will be true of hairdressers and beauty therapists, they will all be working overtime!

Lettice Fri 27-Mar-20 16:02:50

Who knows? I will be able to whatever I want, but I won't know what till then. In the meantime I am thinking I quite like this social isolation - enjoying the peace and quiet.

Lettice Fri 27-Mar-20 16:04:37

But, if there is an Edinburgh meetup any time in the future I would like to be included in the deliberations.

nannynoonoo Fri 27-Mar-20 16:21:54

Moste definitely this one for me.

Angelafeet Fri 27-Mar-20 16:50:13

Hug my girls, their husbands and my grandchildren.
Then it somewhere hot and sunny for me

adrisco Fri 27-Mar-20 18:03:59

See my children and grandchildren. See my sister. See Friends. Book theatre tickets. Go to the library. Relax!

watermeadow Fri 27-Mar-20 19:10:08

Go on break which was planned with all my daughters, my first time away for years and cancelled, of course.
Invite all my friends to tea and make 10 different cakes. Then live off the left-overs for a week with my little grandchildren to help.

Grandma600 Fri 27-Mar-20 19:10:38

Bless you Aggie. Enjoy your rolator!

TXYankee Fri 27-Mar-20 22:34:32

Hug my grandchildren and spend the day snuggling with them. They are 4 yrs and 18 months and don't understand. They live less than 2 miles away but we are under lockdown in NY. It's been two weeks and I am suffering.

Hetty58 Fri 27-Mar-20 22:39:00

You're still alive TXYankee!

Evie64 Fri 27-Mar-20 23:39:18

Hug my daughters and granddaughter soooo hard, then visit my friends and give them a big hug as well. Nothing like a bloody good hug eh! Miss them so much

Mapleleaf Sat 28-Mar-20 00:08:04

Sussexborn you will love Bamburgh castle and the surrounding area. I’m not from Northumberland, though I’ve close family and predecessors who are, so it’s in my blood. I’ve been many times, and when I go up there, it feels like I’m going home. You will love it. Definitely something to look forward to when this pandemic is over. Oh, and yes, the coastline is stunning! ?

Chewbacca Sat 28-Mar-20 00:25:12

Bamburgh Castle and Dunstanburgh Castle area is magnificent Sussexborn, fabulous wide clean beaches with virtually nobody on them, boat trips over to the Farne Islands to see the seals and puffins and a visit to Holy Island. Can't beat Northumberland for natural beauty. You'll love it!

Jules59 Sat 28-Mar-20 17:29:34

Go and visit my son in the US as I had planned
See family
Go to the cinema
Go out and have a coffee with friends
Go out for a meal
Enjoy the simple things in life....

Skweek1 Sat 28-Mar-20 17:48:30

Go to Wetherspoons, go swimming and see DS's GF

Yennifer Sat 28-Mar-20 17:54:11

Hug EVERYONE x

M0nica Sun 29-Mar-20 08:00:56

I will not be visiting Weatherspoons again after the way the CEO behaved towards his workers until shamed into acting justly.

May7 Sun 29-Mar-20 11:24:31

Yes Monica there will be many companies who will be called out after this is over and many many more companies and people who have stepped up courageously to help our nation.
Karma will sort it

Pikachu Sun 29-Mar-20 11:55:18

Yes, me too for hugs and more hugs

etheltbags1 Fri 03-Apr-20 09:07:06

Also I'm not going to retire, I want to work as long as I can

grannypiper Fri 03-Apr-20 09:43:00

Breathe a huge sigh of relief, go and hug my Dad then travel south to hug my Sons,Daughter and Grandchildren

Hetty58 Fri 03-Apr-20 09:49:24

When we've had our big parties, I'll think very carefully about our priorities, how we all need to adapt, the changes we can make to minimise the risk of it happening again!

MiniMoon Fri 03-Apr-20 09:50:44

Go to see my grandchildren.
Go to see my friends at Knit & Natter.
Go for a drive to the seaside.
Go out for a meal,

And have my hair cut of course.