Gransnet forums

Chat

A lesson in keeping it real

(11 Posts)
Nannylovesshopping Thu 26-Mar-20 13:02:37

Urgent FaceTime from my beloved 14 yr old gd, nan, nan,
We’ve run out of shaving cream, and I’m desperate to shave my legs, do you think I could use hair conditioner instead?
I can’t phone mum as she’s at work!!
Good job she has other redeeming features ?

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 26-Mar-20 13:10:01

How lovely though that you were the person that she wanted to call?

It says a lot about your relationship.

midgey Thu 26-Mar-20 13:17:24

Brilliant! I once told someone (adult) not to wash their hair in the shower as they had thrush....they had no idea how to do manage that!

NanaandGrampy Thu 26-Mar-20 13:43:34

My youngest grandson was doing an art lesson at home with his Mum yesterday. She asked him if he’d like to send anyone a piece of his artwork. He thought for a minute and said ,” yes, let’s do something REALLY special for Nana.” He looked very sad for a moment and then said,” because she has a kidney!” !

I did chuckle, he has got the wrong end of the stick, I have chronic kidney disease and his Mum told him they couldn’t come to see me because I have poorly kidneys . But a nice painting will. Certainly cheer me up!!

GabriellaG54 Thu 26-Mar-20 14:08:26

Use soap, lathered up.

M0nica Thu 26-Mar-20 14:37:16

I always use soap.

NanTheWiser Thu 26-Mar-20 15:31:57

And you can dry-shave - a little talcum helps.

CanadianGran Thu 26-Mar-20 16:23:13

How sweet that she called you. I do feel badly for teenagers and children that are so used to being social and now do not have that network. I think it is a little easier for us mature folks to cope on our own.

farview Thu 26-Mar-20 16:49:26

One of my granddaughters was having trouble going to the loo..her mum gave her a small amount of mild laxative...she messaged me the next day.....Grandma..good news I've had my bowels removed! ??

shysal Thu 26-Mar-20 17:17:48

grin

labazsisslowlygoingmad Thu 26-Mar-20 18:36:38

hair conditioner is great for shaving legs