Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(87 Posts)
12Michael Fri 27-Mar-20 06:17:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another bright start to the day here in Brackley.
Have lost a few kilos in weight this week, with a sore throat etc, which was making it hard to digest anything, I took a lemsip last night which has worked , plus a few nose bleeds as well.
With the lockdown ,spoiling a pleasures of going out anywhere .
Where I live restrictions have come into force as to 2M distancing, community lounge and kitchen out of bounds .
So its room only apart from local shop/bank .
As yet to get a letter if I am one billions who then would have stay put due to medications etc I am type 2 Diabetes but manage to control, plus other tablets like blood pressure, and things all under control .
Mick

annsixty Sat 28-Mar-20 03:09:52

Wonderful Partner.

Llamedos13 Sat 28-Mar-20 02:50:10

But we still don’t know what WP stands for?

GabriellaG54 Fri 27-Mar-20 20:15:40

Newquay
That's really funny.
Did he sound...nice...did you chat for long?
Might romance blossom twixt you and he? ???...?

GabriellaG54 Fri 27-Mar-20 20:11:29

Ah! I see. I though it might mean 'woman partner' or summat but having re read the post it became clear the person is a 'he'.
Now the poster has said it's a made-up way of referring to her OH. Sorted...?

Paul2706 Fri 27-Mar-20 15:58:15

I live in Lancashire and experienced the same problems with lidl is anyone else having the same issues?

wallers5 Fri 27-Mar-20 15:06:07

It’s good to hear from others. We seem very isolated in deepest Devon on the edge of Dartmoor & miss our glorious walks on the Moor. I too have had a sore throat for days & find it hard to swallow. No cough or fever. My son who commutes from WinChester has just had the virus. He said he felt so fatigued & run down & is worrying about giving it to his two children & wife who are all self isolating and one has Asthma which is a worry. Spring is here & the Camellias & blossoms are out. Our lovely Cotehele National Trust beautiful spring gardens had to close. Such a shame as they are at their best & were in the midst of a national daffodil festival.

We had good clapping at 8 pm last night.

Hope everyone keeps safe. Our local Lidl was not good today with no social distancing enforced. We won’t go there again until this is over.

Mapleleaf Fri 27-Mar-20 15:00:20

Oh, Newquay what are you like! ??

GrannyGravy13 Fri 27-Mar-20 14:48:08

Oh Newquay !!!!

Newquay Fri 27-Mar-20 14:36:42

Just in case anyone is interested. . .further to previous post, had a phone call from a man with a lovely Cornish accent. There he was with my online shopping on board in St Austell and here we are at home in Staffs! He’s going to contact store manager to see what can be done-ho hum!

Theoddbird Fri 27-Mar-20 13:05:23

Good afternoon. I need a large brandy...hahaha. Just read the thread about being neurotic. Do much miss information there. I refuse to panic. I am now going to cook some lunch. Then I will load my toilet cassette onto my wagon and go and empty it....oh joy. Yesterday I finished making the bunting for my great niece's room. Sent niece a picture of it. She loves it. I will then go to the coop and get a bottle of prosecco and some salad. Tomorrow I will be 69...have to celebrate somehow...hahaha Have a lovely afternoon everyone.

Lisagran Fri 27-Mar-20 12:23:35

Whinging Pom?
Wonderful partner?
Wicked person?
Welsh Prince?

Scentia Fri 27-Mar-20 12:16:18

GabriellaG54
I have always assumed WP stood for Willing Partner!

Auntieflo Fri 27-Mar-20 12:01:01

Good morning Michael, Annie and all.
Late again!
Mick, glad to hear your throat is a little better, but take it easy, and no more HOT meals.
Just finished one load of washing, with another to go in, but at least it is beautifully sunny here in our corner of Berks.
We went out last night and joined in the clapping for the NHS.
Most of the neighbours were out, a couple crept out later, when they heard the din we were making. Even the neighbour's dog came for a look see.
EV, what a coincidence that you were in the right place, at the right time. How lovely for you.
Glad to hear your GS is better Maw
Scentia, I saw your dog, on another post, he's lovely, wish we still had a dog.
Have you tried out your dictionary yet NanKate?
I'm glad you came back and clarified the situation with your accountant Gillybob
Marydoll I have a fridge here if you are short of a job. ?
Well, by the time I post this it will be Good afternoon.
Take care and stay safe one and all

CherryCezzy Fri 27-Mar-20 11:57:58

Welcome to gransnet Gaga1950

Google doesn't know everything ? GabriellaG. It is an acronym I chose myself to describe the person I share my life with.

GrannySomerset Fri 27-Mar-20 11:32:02

Back from braving Tesco’s elderly shoppers’ hour which was very well managed and, despite long queue to get in to the shop, wasn’t crowded. Young woman managing us outside gave a master class in firm but good humoured control, and I have tried to find a way to let the store manager know, but apart from cluttering up the phone line there doesn’t seem to be any way to post a message.

Now it all needs putting away, items delivered to neighbours and then the ironing this afternoon, which seems a waste of a lovely day but it will only breed if I leave it.

Paul2706 Fri 27-Mar-20 11:31:45

Good morning from a sunny North West coping reasonably well apart from neighbour who has been drilling walls since 6am rather poorly by sound of it so we have to grin and bear it due to lockdown and now to hear BJ has got the virus can day get, any worse I ask myself ?

GabriellaG54 Fri 27-Mar-20 11:17:06

BTW...what on earth is WP?
I tried Google but nothing seemed right.

GabriellaG54 Fri 27-Mar-20 11:13:43

Thanks Urmstongran. Thinking of you and your longing to see your GC and family at home. At least, in making the decision to stay where you are, even though it was taken out of your hands, so to speak, you have had more sun than many here and you are kindly helping a neighbour with food which is really unselfish.
I think we are all realising that helping others helps us too, in many ways.
Take care...?????? ??

Gaga1950 Fri 27-Mar-20 11:13:17

Yesterday I read somewhere that this was the place to start a post when new to joining in discussions! Glorious day again here. Yesterday the Estate Agents came round to make a video of our house which is on the market so had to rush round like a demented blue bottle trying to stuff everything into cupboards and remove the dust etc. they didn’t like my workroom so are retuning to and with a drone to do the outside. Today we learn that all house sales are to be on hold. Hey ho maybe the virtual tour will be the way forward.

CherryCezzy Fri 27-Mar-20 11:07:58

Good morning Mick and all GMs from another beautiful day in the Gower ?
Good to hear your family members are getting better Maw & Oopsadaisy

I missed the clapping yesterday evening because the police rang. After days of not being able to contact my friend (very unusual) I became very alarmed when my WP and me saw her car in the supermarket carpark but she was definitely not in the store. After speaking to security & then being advised to phone police I did. They spent the day looking for her and just before 8pm rang to say they they had found her and she was safe & being well looked after. I am so relieved! So much so I didn't wake up until 9am ( after several days of hardly sleeping).

Calpurnia I feel for you, my WP has CPS (chronic pain syndrome) and is also on heavy medications. It is so difficult, especially as I have severe uncontrollable epilepsy (and other conditions) and he has to take care of me. We only have each other to rely on so we both middle through and take care of each other. Look after yourself too Calpurnia flowers

Beechnut and Pixiepurple I hope you have as lovely a day as you can. Happy celebrations ? flowers

Still haven't managed to get on with my 'art' work after all that happened yesterday so maybe today hmm

Take care all you GMs with all the stresses and strains you are dealing with.

Be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

BladeAnnie Fri 27-Mar-20 10:09:47

Morning all from a sunny mid-Notts. My DD is a nurse currently on maternity leave but has offered to go back to work early, either ending her maternity leave or wotking bank shifts- anything to help. But no the NHS won't allow it - the best they can suggest is she join an agency, work at a different trust and rip the nhs off considerably with what they charge!! Madness!! She is due to go back in June- DGD is 7 months old so not a new baby and she's quite recovered from the birth. Ridiculous when you consider they are asking nurses to come out of retirement, student nurses to work etc etc. Rant over!! Hope Friday is kind to us all and stay safe x

grandMattie Fri 27-Mar-20 10:08:55

Good morning al. Hope all your ailments and problems resolve themselves.
Glorious and light breeze in EKent.
Just had conversation with DD and SIL regarding return from NZ. DD is on secondment there, took her family. They’re due back but can’t get flight. DD joking that her new hobby is collecting flight tickets, she’s got 12 on 3 different flights to date. They’re being very brave, the GD understandably very anxious and playing up. Difficult times.
I’m giving remote French lesson to the elder at the moment. Time constraints complicate life.
Stay well y'all, keep cheerful.

Scentia Fri 27-Mar-20 10:03:47

I am definitely going to lose weight during this time. I was just about to lock the factory and pop off to the shop for some biscuits, when I remembered that it is essential trips out only. Do biscuits count as an essential item, well they don’t carry VAT so I may be able to get away with it!!!

Mapleleaf Fri 27-Mar-20 10:00:07

Happy birthday, Purplepixie ??
Hope you soon feel some ease from your painful shoulder and side.

Taichinan Fri 27-Mar-20 09:59:27

Good morning all from a damp and overcast Angus coast. It seems GS1 in Clydebank may have the virus. He's a young, strong giant of a man so here's hoping he can fight it off ?I too stood outside in the rain last night and clapped. Nobody there to hear of course, but even if there had been my effort would have been drowned out by the ships in the small port at the bottom of the hill. They made a fine noise for two minutes - quite the opposite to a two minute silence! Wonderful to hear. Today my main task will be ironing - never a favourite but will match my mood to the grey sky. My Mindful Chef box will arrive early afternoon. My delivery man is a cheerful fellow with an infectious grin and I can see him becoming the highlight of my week! I shall make sure my hair and make-up are acceptable and my own cheery smile in place (silly old bat that I am!). My day yesterday was punctuated by messages coming in on our tai chi FB page. So lovely to be in touch with everybody and to hear that so many are practicing. I suppose that will fade away as time goes by, but for now ........ Anyway, the ironing board awaits. Mike I hope your throat continues to improve but really, don't go out unless it's vital. Best wishes and ? to all under the weather and the pleasantest day possible for everyone. ?