Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Friday

(6 Posts)
Baggs Sat 28-Mar-20 07:43:03

Scottish beaches are not the sort one sunbathes on, except exceptionally iyswim, so there has been no need to close them. A lot of them are pretty remote anyway, even from stupid, letter of the law (instead of spirit of the law) police drone spying.

Weather here might be good enough for me to attempt to suppress some rushes. Wish me luck.

Coolgran65 Sat 28-Mar-20 04:34:38

It's not been so bright here up North but didn't stop us sorting out the garden for spring. I cut back shrubs and dead ferns, raked bark chippings,while dh powerhosed patio and driveway. All sparkling. Moved a couple of tubs with daffs ready to bloom round to the front and tucked them among the low growing firs. Hoed the chippings to remove the seedling weeds (blown last year from next door).

We couldn't hardly move tonight but worth it.

fatgran57 Sat 28-Mar-20 03:31:06

Hello Rufus Looking at the latest news from Sydney a lot of half wits are still going out to beaches etc. Where are the police? Heavy on the spot fines immediately I say.

It's strange not being able to go out very much, I go for a walk but don't meet anyone much - we walk way apart if that does occur.

Tidied out a couple of drawers found some old school photos of the girls - quite funny to look at nowsmile

Good that we have the internet to occupy some time, I have plenty of books, OH is registered with Stan, Netflix and Amazon so plenty of shows to watch as well.

Keep well and keep posting!

Gaga1950 Fri 27-Mar-20 18:04:39

Glorious day here - DH been in garden preparing veg beds for planting very soon - when I can stop procrastinating! Enjoy your evenings - for us another episode of Last Tango in Halifax - what is anyone else watching?

rafichagran Fri 27-Mar-20 17:08:34

Hi Rufus, lovely day here too. Keep well and stay in.

Rufus2 Fri 27-Mar-20 12:29:27

Lovely day again and a lovely week-end coming up of "beach weather" except that all beaches are now closed and policed to make sure nobody breaks the law! Seagulls will have a ball with no dogs to scatter them, although they'll be missing their chips! smile
Hope everyone is fit and well! Motivation, or lack of, could prove to be hard to come by with regard to exercise; indoor exercise machines are so boring IMO; witness the number in "For Sale" colunns
In the absence of sports I reckon we could start a league table of "deletions", judging by what's happening elsewhere! grin Do-gooders get the wooden spoon!
To be honest, I think the number gets ridiculous at times because despite repeated exhortations to GNHQ no reasons are given other than "breaching guidelines"!
IMO it doesn't present an encouraging image to new members contemplating posting. I could learn from other's mistakes! hmm
Perhaps we could adopt an earlier idea of mine, namely setup www.Gripesnet.com with "Good Moaning" threads! , then everybody could be happy! Just as well this thread is not policed! wink
The Internet is reported as being in danger of crashing because of excessive use by all stay-at-homes and would be devastating, for me anyway living on my own; corresponding with you lovely ladies keeps me from going round the twist, although my nurses are marvellous too!
Now "I'm getting sentimental over you" and it's late again!, so;
Good Health!