Gransnet forums

Chat

Good news.....well at least for me

(31 Posts)
vampirequeen Sat 28-Mar-20 09:43:39

I was worried how the lockdown would affect my weightloss diet. After all being nearer or in the kitchen so much more could lead to more nibbling. Today I got weighed and I've lost another 4lbs. That's 45lbs to date. Yes I have a bit of a chuffty on but I can't help it grin

Txquiltz Mon 30-Mar-20 02:34:48

Well done Vampirequeen. I had started getting into a bad place on food choices...my rebellion I guess. You woke me up and as of today, I am back to being more responsible. Thank you.

fatgran57 Mon 30-Mar-20 02:29:29

Well I weighed myself this morning and I am happy that my weight was the same! Worried that comfort eating would have made the scales go up.

Will be a bit more careful though and drop some of the carbs.

That's a lot of weight in quite a short time vampirequeen keep up the good work.

I don't really understand why people come on on another poster's thread and make quite snide remarks. vampirequeen was just chatting really and letting us know she was pleased with her efforts.

janeainsworth Sun 29-Mar-20 17:15:18

Way to go vqsmile

vampirequeen Sun 29-Mar-20 14:41:17

I've lost 45lbs since January but I have a lot to lose and it's settled to 1lb to 2 lbs per week which is where it ought to be.

Purplepixie Sun 29-Mar-20 12:16:25

Well done to you! I wish I could weigh a bit less but with the going out for walks restricted (my excuse) and being couped up in here,then it isnt happening for me. I love to bake and of course sampling food is expected!

CherryCezzy Sun 29-Mar-20 12:11:25

Well done vampirequeen smile. I'm not religious (in fact I'm virtually a devout atheist) but when I diet I do what I call my 'lent' thing. I put on quite a lot of weight whilst having cancer treatment last year (clear now) so was determined to diet. I've lost 4lb so far but it is slow. I have had a 'wobble' this last week and lapsed twice and annoyed myself but I must get some focus back. I'm near the top end of a healthy BMI and I really don't want to slip over into an 'alert' territory. More exercise is what I need I think!!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 29-Mar-20 10:43:17

Well done vampire it's a great boost to one's morale to lose excess weight.
Over the last few months I was thrilled to lose 7lbs but then it crept back on as I indulged too often (a little cake here, another cake there) so I became a bit downcast.
Over the last week I've lost one pound so hopefully back on track. It's those treats which trip you up. Willpower and all that.

GrannyLaine Sun 29-Mar-20 10:38:45

Good for you Hetty58 Lack of focus is my downfall methinks

GrannyLaine Sun 29-Mar-20 10:36:56

Well done vampirequeen I love your phrase 'a bit of a chuffy on'
Its weighing day for me today but I'm procrastinating because last week - no weight loss despite sticking to the diet. Sadly my trousers aren't feeling the least bit loose......sad

Elizabeth1 Sun 29-Mar-20 10:35:44

A silver cloud perhaps for some not so for others wink

janeainsworth Sun 29-Mar-20 10:29:04

Well done vq, you must be feeling really good smile
But do you mean you’ve lost 45lbs since January? That’s rapid weight loss. How much more are you aiming to lose? You need to be careful that you’re going to be able to sustain your weight once you’ve got to where you want to be.

vampirequeen Sun 29-Mar-20 10:14:30

I've been losing weight since January. I don't want all my efforts to go to waste just because we're on lockdown. CV is going to a temporary thing (hopefully). My weight loss is on going.

Hetty58 Sun 29-Mar-20 09:56:50

Weight loss or gain is usually low priority for me. Right now, it's insignificant. I'm fascinated by what people focus on, though.

sodapop Sun 29-Mar-20 09:17:43

Well done indeed vampirequeen I am in awe of your will power especially now.

Auntieflo Sun 29-Mar-20 08:53:25

Well done Vampirequeen, lovely bit of good news.
Keep it up, the diet, and the jeans!

Jane10 Sun 29-Mar-20 08:48:29

I'm eking out and mixing and matching various items to try to reduce the times I have to shop. DH is enjoying the meals I produce and they are quite healthy. For some reason it's the fresh fruit and veg I'm craving more than the choccy biccys and crisps that I rushed to stock up on. Not going out again until Tuesday. Chocolate soup tomorrow ?!

fatgran57 Sun 29-Mar-20 08:13:40

Well done vampirequeen. I weigh myself every Monday and I am worried that tomorrow the scales will show a bit of a weight gain.

I have been comfort eating - today I had a bacon roll for the first time in about a year, and I have eaten a few more carbs than usual.

I don't eat between meals any more but I must watch what I am eating or I will fall off the wagon completely!

You have very good will-power indeed!

morethan2 Sun 29-Mar-20 07:36:04

Well done vampirequeen

Oopsadaisy3 Sat 28-Mar-20 11:07:48

DD is shopping for me , fresh food stuff and milk, she’s started buying donuts!
At this rate I’ll put on 45 lbs.... I don’t like to appear ungrateful ,but my freezer is full , so I’ll have to gently ask her not to buy them for us. Although I have to say when they are fresh they are so delicious!
Well done Vampirequeen

Nonnie Sat 28-Mar-20 10:36:01

Well done VQ

vampirequeen Sat 28-Mar-20 10:33:36

I keep a food diary on My Fitness Pal and take a half hour walk most days. Now I have a new problem but this is a nice one to have. My jeans keep falling down grin

Eglantine21 Sat 28-Mar-20 10:31:02

Yup, I’ve lost weight too. Mainly because I didn’t panic buy and now I’m in isolation and can’t get a supermarket delivery at all, ever.

So Im ekeing out the food I have got. Good thing I have some fat to live off.........

M0nica Sat 28-Mar-20 10:26:33

I think this is the ideal time to lose weight as what you eat is entirely under your own control.No meals out, no visiting friends and family. Far fewer trips to the shops.

I have started my regime with the intention of losing a lot of weight in the next few months.

Jane10 Sat 28-Mar-20 10:25:35

I'm having so much comfort food. Life's bad enough without counting the calories. Well done vampirequeen!

Dottydots Sat 28-Mar-20 10:24:59

I'm not overweight but I might be by the time this virus comes to an end, as boredom is drawing me into the kitchen cupboards for little snacks here and there.