Gransnet forums

Chat

Daft things to send to the grandchildren

(6 Posts)
Lucca Sun 29-Mar-20 19:19:16

Not my original idea but I sent this. There are 44 things in here starting with the letter C. Get the grandchild to identify, write down or get adult to write down

DoraMarr Sun 29-Mar-20 19:53:55

What a good idea! My grandchildren are three and two, so I am telling them stories every day. The only trouble is, they want the same stories every time!

GabriellaG54 Sun 29-Mar-20 20:39:27

That's a really great idea. Ingenious and you could do it every day for 26 days (fewer items with tricky letters) then perhaps, naming animals beginning with each letter of your full name.
Joe Bloggs = jackal, ostrich, elephant and so on....
??

Jomarie Sun 29-Mar-20 21:03:50

My 7 year old GS made me a wordsearch to do and I, rather rashly it turns out, said I would return the favour and make a crossword puzzle for him! He was pleased and is looking forward to receiving it - problem is I thought I knew how to do it (I used to do this for my ES 40 odd years ago now) and assumed it was in my memory bank and would be easily retrieved - err no - not easily retrieved - have been puzzling over this for the past 24 hours and getting heartily sick of the idea but will have to persevere as GS is expecting it !! grin

Chewbacca Sun 29-Mar-20 21:08:14

Brilliant idea, think I'll pinch this for 7 year-old GD.

Lucca Sun 29-Mar-20 22:30:28

Gabriella, I can see X proving tricky, I haven’t got a xylophone an X-ray or a Xenophobe in my flat...