Gransnet forums

Chat

Wot, no April Fool...

(14 Posts)
DoraMarr Wed 01-Apr-20 11:02:02

...in the Guardian? Could anyone find it? I couldn’t.

CherryCezzy Wed 01-Apr-20 11:27:08

Haven't looked today. I saw a couple online elsewhere but they were rather unpleasant that I've decided not to look anymore though if any of the papers do have one I'm sure they would be more responsible.

May7 Wed 01-Apr-20 11:42:46

Heres my april fool to GC. Told them a dragon had hatched out from Welsh farm eggs. grin

Pirate Wed 01-Apr-20 11:53:11

In the i, bosses are told to " entertain workers children " by offering weekly video conferencing sessions for worn out parents. The Treasury is looking at offering tax relief on props such as fancy dress and face paint! Brilliant!

SueDonim Wed 01-Apr-20 12:18:01

I think many papers decided it wasn’t appropriate in current circumstances to print jokes.

Dinahmo Wed 01-Apr-20 12:20:39

There is one in one of the red tops - I missed which one . It's a picture of Prince Harry trundling a supermarket trolly filled with loo rolls and nappies. The pseudonym of the journalist is made up of the words April Fools Day. I'm sure that you'll filnd it on line somewhere.

bumblebee34 Wed 01-Apr-20 12:52:01

I have just fallen for an April fool joke, hook line and sinker. My daughter sent an urgent text to me saying something really strange was happening and her upstairs toilet was smoking and didn’t know if she should phone a plumber or electrician. I was immediately worried and trying to think of anything electrical in her bathroom that could inadvertently be causing this such as the jacuzzi style bath. She said she would send a pic and followed it up with this and I ended up nearly wetting myself laughing ?

Harris27 Wed 01-Apr-20 12:57:46

On our group app from work one of the girls ha doubt on she’d forgot to check her lottery at the weekend with all this going on and she’d five numbers! Was just about to congratulate her when one of the others said ‘ yeah right we know what day it is!’ For the life of me I’d forgot! How stupid am I to fall for a bit of good news!, hey ho!

Camelotclub Wed 01-Apr-20 12:58:04

Quite a good one here

twitter.com/thesundaysport/status/1245250590655025154/photo/1

grandMattie Wed 01-Apr-20 13:56:46

The Telegraph had a good one about nightingales not being able to fly back to Britain because their wings had got shorter and shorter due to global warming!

joannapiano Wed 01-Apr-20 14:01:20

Our local paper had a leading article about how our council was going to change it’s council name from Welwyn Hatfield to Hatfield Welwyn, to be in the right alphabetical order.
I was just saying What a waste of money! when I realised what day it was.

CherryCezzy Wed 01-Apr-20 14:04:45

Love it bumblebee ?

westendgirl Wed 01-Apr-20 14:24:12

The story about the nightingales was on the radio and in the Times. Doubt it's a joke

DoraMarr Wed 01-Apr-20 21:31:58

No, I checked the links in the nightingale story, and it appears to be true.