Gransnet forums

Chat

AT LAST!!

(9 Posts)
phoenix Wed 08-Apr-20 20:08:11

I'm cock a hoop!

Had an email from Morrisons saying they were now doing deliveries in our area grin but also said no slots available sadconfused

Aaanyway, there was a 30 minutes wait, (according to the email) but I hung on and waited.

Result (I hope) placed an order, delivery on Friday!I

Have shopped there for yonks, but until now no delivery to our area.

I am ridiculously chuffed! grin

Eglantine21 Wed 08-Apr-20 20:27:19

I’m absolutely green with envy

vampirequeen Wed 08-Apr-20 20:32:09

Congratulations. A delivery slot is the equivalent of winning the lottery these days grin

phoenix Wed 08-Apr-20 20:37:42

Eglantine I have tried and tried to get a delivery, or even a click (and Mr P) collect, to no avail, even though I've now had the "second" letter!

Delivery is due Friday, yet to see if it all arrives.

Hopefully it will work, Mr.P has been getting quite stressed, unusual for him, usually the most laid back of chaps, but has been worried about bringing the virus home to me (COPD)

Never thought I would be wiping down groceries with antibacterial stuff before putting them away!

phoenix Wed 08-Apr-20 20:43:33

vampirequeen you are not wrong!

Have shopped online with Sainsbury's for years, admittedly intermittently, but couldn't get anything, not even click and collect, despite having "the second letter".

3nanny6 Wed 08-Apr-20 20:59:04

Congratulations it must feel like a lottery win. We have got no Morrisons near us so I do not use. I am a loyal customer to Sainsburys and have often had deliveries and also click and collect but have not been able to place an order for over a month. I am not 70 but I do have musclo- skeletal- disease and do have use of a blue badge. It is a joke right now as I have to shop if I want food. It's hilarious to me that in the last five weeks I am the only person parked in disability bays usually they are crowded. No-one from the government or shops are helping me.

Bathsheba Wed 08-Apr-20 21:00:20

Oh congratulations phoenix! I have an Asda delivery on Friday, and a Tesco one booked for the 16th. After that, it's anyone's guess. I was checking repeatedly today on all the major supermarket sites, kept refreshing to see if new slots had been added. No luck though sad.

JoyBloggs Wed 08-Apr-20 21:41:48

I got lucky with Morrison's today too Phoenix! So far Sainsburys have been looking after us really well and I was up about 6 oclock this morning (that's unusual for me...) to try and get another delivery arranged but there was nothing available. Same with Tesco and Ocado. Thought I'd have a look at Morrison's, I've never had a delivery from them although quite often go to the shop as they have really good meat and fish. I was gobsmacked to be offered a choice of delivery days and I thought the website was really well organised. I ordered the minimum amount of stuff to be able to secure the slot... but my problem now is that to get back in to add all the other things we need, I have to join a queue behind 29,000 others shock. Will try again tomorrow, too tired to faff about now.

Not sure if this is available everywhere but Morrison's were offering a choice of boxes, containing a variety of foodstuffs and they seemed to be readily available, so I'm bearing that in mind for the future if all else fails. Delivered by DPD apparently, so worth a look if any of you are desperate. They can't specify the contents exactly so you could end up with things you didn't fancy, but can't be too choosy at the mo can we.

Purpledaffodil Wed 08-Apr-20 21:53:06

It’s very hit and miss I agree. I tried Sainsbury’s last night and there was nothing. Then today there were lots of slots for Saturday but no other day. Such a lottery! ?