Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Thursday

(3 Posts)
Rufus2 Thu 09-Apr-20 13:49:05

A lovely day again weatherwise; 25C sunny! Of course, the good times never last and we have been promised wet, cold and windy weather for Easter Sat. onwards.
News of the UK death rate is not good again; organising all those funerals in such a short space of time must be soul destroying. sad
Fortunately ours is very limited, but we are always being told to stay indoors, unless !
This coming week-end will be the big test! Police are working hard issuing infringement notices for ignoring the warnings. There are idiots everywhere!
Red-letter day for me today! Had a shower without the carer in attendance, didn't fall over or have a BPPV episode. Unfortunately, Jacqui is not involved at that stage. grin
Also received $750 gift from the Govt. being compensation for Corvid problems. Can't get to the shops so credit card will be working hard!
Everything is quite subdued just now; not much to report so it's back to my studies on how to scan with this new printer! confused
Good Health! wine

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 09-Apr-20 20:40:14

Wow $750, you’ll have to spend it online....
Beautiful day here, we were still sitting in the garden at 7.30pm. Let’s hope it lasts.
Take it easy in the shower and don’t look up, that’s a big Nono with BPPV, but you probably know that?
The numbers of dead are not encouraging, but hopefully the trend will soon be on the downward turn, we are isolating for 12 weeks due to ‘underlying conditions’ so no quick end to this for us and many of our age group, who doesn’t have an underlying condition these days?
Have a good Good Friday Rufus

Barmeyoldbat Thu 09-Apr-20 21:57:15

Hope you are having hot cross buns on Good Friday Rufus, I am not sure if we will because I forgot to buy some so i will have another go tomorrow. Life here is pretty subdued as well, we find it so quiet in then mornings that we are over sleeping.
Anyway Rufus enjoy spending your $750