Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Easter Saturday

(68 Posts)
12Michael Sat 11-Apr-20 06:09:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice dry start to the day here in Brackley .
Plans today, do a small shop , changing routine from my usual Friday shop, come back and lockdown in my flat.
Maybe play a CD or two, watch TV .
Computer wise I have downloaded and saved some steaming of Virtual Cycling events.
Virtual seems to be a word which some sports can adapt , a form of simulating .
Mick

Joesoap Sat 11-Apr-20 13:57:58

Cant say good mrning because I dint get GN until later than in the UK. Hello from a dull Sweden, after weeks of glorious weather, we need rain for the spring flowers so a few days without sun is ok by us.
Have a good Easter eveyone and keep safe and healthy

Theoddbird Sat 11-Apr-20 13:55:53

Good afternoon. It is a glorious day here on the river. I am sat here in the cratch of my boat reading. I have rolled one side of the cover right back. My boat is moving back and forth gently within the restraints of the ropes. I have a glass of orange juice and some grapes to hand. Life could not be better at this moment in time...

Curlywhirly Sat 11-Apr-20 13:22:27

Ah, Gillybob so pleased you have finally got some sun, it makes all the difference. Whywhywhy you still sound so down, hope that the sunshine helps a little. You won't feel like this forever, her's hoping it will pass soon. Sending thanks and virtual hugs.

Marydoll Sat 11-Apr-20 12:59:48

The correct title is Holy Saturday, tonight after Sundown, it's Easter Vigil..

Whatever we call it on this thread is not important. We know what the title means.
The ethos of this thread is to be warm, caring , supportive and non critical, truly in the spirit of Easter.

brook2704 Sat 11-Apr-20 12:34:30

Gillybob so pleased the sunshine has arrived for you and hope it helps a little bit

gulliver12 Sat 11-Apr-20 12:32:58

It’s not Easter Saturday Could be Holy Saturday (I don’t know where to find pedant’s corner!)

Harris27 Sat 11-Apr-20 12:04:05

Good morning FaceTimed my sister who has a birthday today so sad I can’t be with her as she’s on her own. Hubby out for shopping then sitting in the garden if it gets warmer. Stay safe all we will get through this. Love to all that are struggling!

CraftyGranny Sat 11-Apr-20 12:03:27

Good moning fom a lovely sunny Cheadle. Not sure what to today.
Marydoll I hope you are kinder to your family with your quiz questions than you are to us poor GNs

whywhywhy Sat 11-Apr-20 11:56:38

Good morning from a dry and bright Market Harborough.

Fedup so much today. Sending love and hugs to all who are suffering illness or depressed or just fedup.

I'm sure there's a light at the end of the tunnel but where has this tunnel gone?
X

Annapops Sat 11-Apr-20 11:38:45

A late good morning from County Durham where the sun has started to shine.
My Easter gift boxes for the children were collected by DS and D separately yesterday ( they all live locally). They were left in the porch so we were able to have a brief chat from the window. The plan is for the children to open them tomorrow and we will watch on skype. DD2 had hers delivered by DS and left on step. My DC are so close and we always spend Easter together with all families, but it's a sacrifice we have to make along with everyone else.
DH is busy painting the fence and I feel I should be busy too. It's so strange not having those kiddie crumbs and finger prints to clean from little hands every other day. Such strange things to miss.
Have the best day you can everyone and enjoy that sunshine. X

gillybob Sat 11-Apr-20 11:23:18

Well I don’t know who it was but some kind person has sent me some much needed sunshine which has only just arrived. A hundred times thank you ?

CherryCezzy Sat 11-Apr-20 11:20:59

Morning everyone from a warm day here in the Gower.
Susan great news about little Henry ?. I'm being sent a quote of the day every day, yesterday's quote had a similar message. It's adapted from an ancient philosophy. Something to heed on times to give ourselves time to breathe and stay off an urge to do more and be busy when sometimes we need to still ourselves and accept that we need to.
I'm getting a bit concerned about the goings on with my next door neighbour. Her ex came yesterday and took the girls out for a few hours, something he has done a few times during this lockdown. She has also had visitors go inside the house, albeit quite brief visits, a couple of times this week. Neither my WP nor me feel we can say or do anything about it.
I managed to take some pretty useful photographs yesterday to plan my sketch but then sat in the garden with a pot of tea and the sketching went out of the window ?
I'm another one that thinks there is hardly anything inspiring on TV atm. I did watch Pilgrimage to Istanbul yesterday but it was more a case that it appeared to be the best of a bad bunch on.
Well my group quiz has been starting around 11:30 am so I off to make a cuppa before it starts.
Take care everyone, flowers for all that need them. Stay safe ❤️

tiredoldwoman Sat 11-Apr-20 11:13:45

Good morning from St.Andrews. Sunny , windy day here , my washing will be dry very soon . If I still had blankets to wash I would do them today , as my Granny would have said ' a braw day for blankets ! '

moggie Sat 11-Apr-20 11:09:31

flowers & (((hugs))) Gillybob & all struggling or on their own this weekend.

Taichinan Sat 11-Apr-20 11:08:16

Good morning everybody, especially our Mick who starts us all off. Annsixty I know just how you feel about people flaunting the lockdown rules. Both DS1 and DD reported neighbours having family get-togethers yesterday and it really upset me and made me want to throw my hands in the air and shout what's the point! Their selfishness and ignorance are very difficult to comprehend - and that's me trying to be nice!! But today's another day - and another day closer to the end of lockdown - and unusually for the Angus coast it's warm and balmy. So I started off with a set of tai chi by the pond and then took my breakfast outside too. That is definitely a first for me in the 23 years I've lived here! Best wishes to all for the happiest day you can manage. ,☀️??

harrigran Sat 11-Apr-20 11:07:44

A very late good morning from a sunny NE. Will sit in the garden and read this afternoon.
DIL has sent a message to say they will WhatsApp video call this evening, be nice to see the GC. They have not got Easter eggs this year, to deliver them to their doorstep would mean a 45 minute drive and us falling foul of the lockdown rules.
Can empathise with you gilly over the disturbed nights and toilet stops, like sleeping with a Jack in the box in our house.
Have the best day you can.

Mapleleaf Sat 11-Apr-20 11:03:49

? and a hug, gilly.

Mapleleaf Sat 11-Apr-20 11:02:32

Good morning,

It's brightening up nicely now and looks set to be quite warm this afternoon, so we may well have our meal outside today.

DH is sorting out the shed at the moment, so everything is all over the grass. It's keeping him amused. ?

I've got some hot cross bun dough in the bread maker which will soon be ready. Smells rather yummy.

We had fish last night as well - it's a tradition with us for Good Friday.

I'm so pleased to hear that Henry continues to improve, Susan56. ?

Take care, everyone.

Urmstongran Sat 11-Apr-20 11:00:30

Poor you gillybob you must be shattered as well as sad. What a truly awful time you are having. x

Urmstongran Sat 11-Apr-20 10:52:16

We are on Day 28 of our Spanish lockdown Beechnut. Apparently the government are going to start allowing some non-essential workers out to work on Monday - construction workers are an example. Small green shoots.

EV you’ve got me wanting crumpets now! It’s always our first breakfast when we come home with delicious Burford Brown eggs.

That’s shocking news about returnees annesixty! If nothing else you’d have thought cabin crew on the flight home would have told everyone to self-isolate now & get a friend or relative to get your shopping till then.

BladeAnnie Sat 11-Apr-20 10:47:55

Good morning all from a sunny mid-Notts. I am posting before reading anyone else's posts - will go back and do that later. Please everyone stay safe and may Easter Saturday be kind to us all x

mancgirl Sat 11-Apr-20 10:10:32

gillybob sending you a hug and ?.

gillybob Sat 11-Apr-20 09:58:10

A late good morning from a cold, grey and damp NE coast. So much for this sunshine we were promised. I was hoping to do a bit work in the garden and maybe tidy my little shed but will see if the weather improves any.

DH had a poor night and was up at least 10 times.

Not exactly the Easter weekend I would like to be having. Missing my 4 grandchildren so much it hurts.

Nothing more to add right now as I’m Feeling pretty tired and very sad.

Sending love to all my Gransnet friends

Gillybob x

grannysyb Sat 11-Apr-20 09:30:50

Good morning, sunny but the sky is not as blue as yesterday. Off to the allotment this morning, then attach the sleeve lining of the coat I am making. Then only have to hem it. We had lovely fish and chips from our local pub last night. They do takeaway Sunday lunches as well., hope it keeps them going. Have a good day everyone.

Auntieflo Sat 11-Apr-20 09:22:58

Good morning Michael, Annie, and all. At the moment it's not quite as bright as yesterday, but is getting better by the minute. High blue sky and fluffy clouds. The air looks still, as I can't see any movement in the trees.
I spent quite a bit of time in the garden yesterday, pottering and footling, but felt pleased with myself. Then after lunch, I fell asleep, and snoozed for 3/4 hour. It was so peaceful, birds singing, warm/ hot air and the scent of the wallflowers. Bliss.
The days pass, and sometimes I can't remember what I have done to fill them.
Spend a lot of time on my Ipad, reading or more knitting.
I am so glad I saved some yarn that I had undone from a different project, now it's coming in useful again.
DD is arranging another Zoom this afternoon, which we enjoy.
Susan56, thanks for the Let Yourself Rest picture, lovely.
I hope every one has an enjoyable, happy weekend.
Take care and stay safe one and all.