Gransnet forums

Chat

Sending kind thoughts your way at Easter

(17 Posts)
Carillion01 Sun 12-Apr-20 09:12:01

Thank you Judy54 for your kind message, very much needed just now. Wishing you and all gransnetters the same. Xxx

morethan2 Sun 12-Apr-20 08:44:03

Wishes you all a safe and healthy Easter ?

fourormore Sat 11-Apr-20 19:43:28

Beautiful Sal49 Thank you!

grandMattie Sat 11-Apr-20 18:55:44

Happy Easter to one and all. I shall miss our usual Easter services, but shall manage with the televised/radio services available.
Keep safe and well and full of hope for our future. X

lemongrove Sat 11-Apr-20 18:50:58

Happy Easter Judy and all GNers
Not our usual Easter celebrations this year, but still a time for hope and positivity.?

Judy54 Sat 11-Apr-20 16:51:26

Thank you for your lovely responses. I will be joining in a phone in service with my church tomorrow and I am sure it will be very uplifting. Prayers will be said for all.

crazyH Sat 11-Apr-20 16:33:57

Thank you Judy54..... wish you and all grans a peaceful Easter........going to be a lonely Easter for some of us, but needs must .......

sal49 Sat 11-Apr-20 16:29:02

Thank you for posting good wishes....mine to you all too!
Tomorrow is Easter Sunday.....for millions of Christians around the world it is a day of hope. This year, I pray that this hope is felt by everyone, whatever their beliefs. Without hope, we are lost... and there is so much to be hopeful for.....firstly, that this ghastly pandemic will subside and become manageable; then that the lessons so hard-learned will become the new "normal"....we will automatically look out for our neighbours through choice rather than direction, key workers will be valued and justly rewarded each and every day (not just at 8 o'clock on a Thursday evening), society will become fairer at every level, we will take much greater care of our repairing planet and, perhaps most important of all, each and every one of us will be thankful for what we have - rather than forever wanting things we really do not need - and it will be second nature to share rather than hoard!!
So tomorrow, an Easter Day like no other we have known, please think of those who are grieving and all those so much less fortunate than ourselves. Let tomorrow be a day when compassion, love and hope are born again across the world.
Take care x

EllanVannin Sat 11-Apr-20 16:22:07

Thankyou for your kindness Judy54. I wish you and everyone peace in these troubled times.xx

fourormore Sat 11-Apr-20 16:13:56

Happy Easter to Gransnetters everywhere!
I too wish you all well in this very difficult time xxx

rafichagran Sat 11-Apr-20 15:32:23

Happy Easter Everyone.

AGAA4 Sat 11-Apr-20 15:25:15

Judy54. Thank you for the kind words. I live in a first floor flat but in lovely rural area. I have nice views from all my windows and I have a country park nearby for my walks.
I do miss not having a garden to potter or sit in but feel for people who live in flats in cities.
Happy Easter to all Gransnetters. Wishing you all well in this very difficult time

Chewbacca Sat 11-Apr-20 15:20:44

Very kind of you Judy54 and my best wishes to you and yours too.

Ngaio1 Sat 11-Apr-20 15:07:55

Thank you Judy54. My Best Wishes to all this Easter and my prayers also.

Beechnut Sat 11-Apr-20 15:06:28

Thank you Judy54. I appreciate your message ?

Doodle Sat 11-Apr-20 15:05:13

Thanks Judy54 and I send my best wishes to everyone too. Hope you have a Happy Easter and we get through these tough times together. ?

Judy54 Sat 11-Apr-20 15:03:10

Thinking of all you lovely Gransnetters on this beautiful sunny Easter Saturday. We have to enjoy this time the best we can and make the most of what we have. If you have a garden or a balcony that's great but there are so many people living in flats without any outside space and I feel for them. I do hope that parks can be kept open for the majority of people who are abiding by the rules, we need to be able to enjoy our open spaces. Wherever you are and whatever you are able to do over this Easter weekend my thoughts are with you.