Gransnet forums

Chat

Are we all going to look like Rapunzel?

(12 Posts)
Kalu Sun 19-Apr-20 23:01:16

Most of the time my hair is up in a messy bun style so no hairdo problems ?

I have though cut DH’s hair. I have given him a Jurgen Klopp style. Not at all a football fan but I like his hair?

JenniferEccles Sun 19-Apr-20 22:45:14

I was lucky enough to sneak in the day before hairdressers were forced to close. I was the only one in there as other customers had phoned and cancelled. My poor hairdresser was so worried about how long she would be without an income.

My husband missed the deadline so I may take the scissors to him before too long as there’s been no talk of barbers reopening any time soon !

EllanVannin Sun 19-Apr-20 21:25:32

I already look like Rapunzel hahahahaha, but it's tied up.

Grannybags Sun 19-Apr-20 21:22:08

My hair is (usually!) short and I have been chopping the front and sides myself as and when it starts to annoy me. I can't do the back though so am in danger of developing a mullet if this goes on much longer!

Tweedle24 Sun 19-Apr-20 21:16:32

Oh! Such brave people to cut their own hair! I have, in the past, attempted to cut my own fringe and ended up looking like Worzel Gummidge
I was given the Sellotape trick recently and think I shall have to use it very shortly.
Pantglas Heard the thunder if hooves and saw a prince on a white horse gallop by. Hope he was en route to you

Sallywally1 Sun 19-Apr-20 20:34:49

Mine has passed my collarbones which is against my self styled rules for someone my age (64), along with skirts below the knee and longer sleeves ideally, for me, three quarter length. But, as someone commented, I am alive!

Beechnut Sun 19-Apr-20 20:11:53

I chopped away at my fringe today. It’s a bit short but not to worry.

Hetty58 Sun 19-Apr-20 20:09:50

Yes - but we'll still be alive!

Urmstongran Sun 19-Apr-20 20:07:40

Well it’s Himself who’s looking the most hirsute! I suppose he could always gather his hair into a ponytail - but bald on top!

I do see ageing rockers in that style.... ugh!

Scentia Sun 19-Apr-20 20:06:52

Definitely not, I cut my own hair last week!!

Pantglas2 Sun 19-Apr-20 20:03:33

Most definitely if my prince will come.....

Tweedle24 Sun 19-Apr-20 19:59:23

Just a thought - I started off five weeks ago with a short pixie haircut. Already it is something of a cross between a Purdy (remember those, ladies?) and a short bob. Shall we resemble a country of Rapunzels at the end of it all?

How are you managing your hair while unable to visit the hairdresser?