Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(95 Posts)
12Michael Mon 20-Apr-20 06:07:58

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry and clear sky start here in Brackley this morning.
Its looks like another warm day, a day in today.
Some general tidy ups etc for me .
Routine of BBC Breakfast, Daily Kitchen Live , Bargain Hunt ,and then snooze , watch the latest updates ,and then see what I can find on TV later .
Mick

GabriellaG54 Mon 20-Apr-20 20:22:57

Gosh! It's ages since I had fried bread. Decades. Fried in bacon fat...drool ..?

Qwerty Mon 20-Apr-20 20:19:57

Happy Birthday Blue Sapphire! We're just enjoying a bottle of Prosecco before a, not very grand,meal: Fried Egg on Fried Bread! We did have a healthy lunch: Tinned Sardines on Toast with Salad followed by Apple and Blackberry Crumble and Custard. Find fun where you can!

jacq10 Mon 20-Apr-20 17:10:11

Thanks everyone for making me welcome. Can't believe the weather here today. 51 years we were in Aberdeen on our honeymoon and I had never been so cold in my life!! Of course my honeymoon "trousseau" consisted of a short skirted suit with a boxy jacket (remember them?) and a sleeveless blouse. Very smart but couldn't withstand the chill of an Aberdeen wind!! Like Grammaretto I had to come inside this afternoon - but that's not a complaint!!

Grammaretto Mon 20-Apr-20 16:37:28

glammagran that brings it home to you, when it's someone so young who you know.

Nice to see you posting on here jacq10 and glad you have a big garden to enjoy. I had to come back inside - too sunny!
I am so pleased there will be an end to the Spanish lock-down for the children. Urmston

glammagran Mon 20-Apr-20 15:21:29

My son (in the Netherlands) who uses Microsoft accounts software for his online meetings invited us all on Saturday evening to eat our dinners together. All 3 of my children and their families which rarely occurs in real life. Just lovely. 20 month old GDG looked really shocked at first to see so many people on a screen at one time but she interacts very well with her older cousins now.

I had a really bad day last Wednesday when I decided to gather up her toys and books which I then left in the garage for her mother to collect. Left me in floods of tears. No idea when I’ll see her again.

A pony club mum I knew from 20 years ago died earlier today of COVID-19. She was only in her 50’s.

Grandmafrench Mon 20-Apr-20 15:02:28

Chin up, jacq10 that was a lovely post.

susan Love red cabbage - but quite a palaver, I think. So we always freeze some. Mind you, since Lockdown days, I freeze everything so nothing is ever wasted. ?

Dexter will be much better off not being super stressed, so good decision dragonfly. Expect he’ll have a short acting sedative and will soon be asking you what the fuss was all about. Really hope with all your care and input, the Vet is able to properly assess his progress.

Kalu Yes, the revised pouring rain forecast is now for maybe 5 days. Fortunately we’re here....if we were still in Normandy we would have been managing/struggling with a river and flood gates, a stream near the house, a lake and a mill race. DH in chest waders like a rural King Canute and me in wellies and a wax coat moving sheep and swearing quite a bit whilst struggling with the door to the sheepshed .....happy days! ?

Urmstongran Mon 20-Apr-20 15:00:33

? for you today jacq10 it’s nice to have you join the gang - hopefully on a regular basis now. x

Brunette10 Mon 20-Apr-20 14:36:45

A very young 40 at that too Marydoll smile

Marydoll Mon 20-Apr-20 14:16:12

Speak for yourself, Brunette! You know I'm only 40. ?

Brunette10 Mon 20-Apr-20 14:08:14

Kalu - sorry to hear you 'over-did' it yesterday in the garden, easy to do when you enjoy the garden and of course good weather to go with it. If I took co-codamol I would be laid flat on my back, it does not agree with me at all and sends me lal-la wink. I hope it makes you feel better though. Take it easy we are all not as young as we were/think we are. wink

CaroleAnne Mon 20-Apr-20 13:45:12

SusieB50. Red cabbage freezes well. We had some from the freezer last week which I had made a while ago and it was delicious.
Have a good day as possible everyone.
We may go for a socially distancing walk this afternoon to imbibe some sunshine.
Hope that Gillybob is feeling more able to cope with whatever is going on in her life at present.❣

Kalu Mon 20-Apr-20 13:36:39

Lovely to read a post from you jaqc. Understandable you had a wobble yesterday but hope you are feeling a wee bit better today. I must say you certainly didn’t look ‘old’ when I met you at our Glasgow meet up. I thought you were a very elegant lady and so enjoyed meeting you.

Hope you pop in here again. Enjoy your coffee and here’s ‘til we meet again?

Marydoll Mon 20-Apr-20 13:10:20

jaq, lovely to see you posting.
We will meet again in Glasgow, I'm sure of it.
?

moggie Mon 20-Apr-20 13:06:59

flowersjacq10
I hope all goes well at the vets dragonfly

dragonfly46 Mon 20-Apr-20 12:53:54

Well they have kept Dexter in at the vets as he wouldn't let them examine him so they are going to sedate him. This is quite risky for Chow Chows I believe as he already has breathing difficulties. At least they will be able to examine him properly and my DD is in agreement.

janzicb1 Mon 20-Apr-20 12:40:29

Happy birthday blue sapphire and many more happy ones too

Theoddbird Mon 20-Apr-20 12:30:20

Good morning...Sunny but windy here on the river lark. I have to go out today other than for a walk. Grandson's birthday present to post plus present for great niece. Means trip to post office. Will buy fresh fruit and veg while out. Oh and hopefully find tinned sweet corn. There seems to be a shortage and I do love it on a salad. Have a lovely day x

EBear Mon 20-Apr-20 12:16:23

Good morning from a sunny and breezy Norfolk.

Hoping everyone has a good day as they can, thinking of everyone who may be struggling especially gillybob.

CherryCezzy Mon 20-Apr-20 11:52:42

You may be able to use some of your milk to make flat breads Marydoll.

jacq10 Mon 20-Apr-20 11:48:46

Good morning from the sunny highlands of Scotland. I, like many others, had a wobbly day yesterday. It would have been our 51st wedding anniversary and since DH passed away at the end of November 2018 have had many of them but the current lock down is really making it so hard. No health worries just old (according to guidelines). Missing my DGS whom I have every school day. Miss my coffee meet-up with friends and have had to cancel two trips away. My DS and DD phone every day to keep me going but I get such a lot from Gransnet. These days I stick mainly to this thread (thank you, Mick) and Soop's Kitchen and appreciate support I have received through pms. Have been lucky enough to meet up with the Glasgow Grannies twice and hope to do so again. I also so enjoy Urmstongran's posts from Malaga as DH and myself travelled a lot in Spain before finding the exact area Urmstongran is currently so seeing her photos and posts really lifts me. I feel for so many on this site sometimes to the point of tears and then get picked up by the humour and can laugh out aloud. Not very confident when posting but certainly enjoy everyone else's on this site. Thank you - need another cup of coffee now - I have a wee house but large garden so off to enjoy the sun.

NfkDumpling Mon 20-Apr-20 11:40:22

And a (((hug))) for Dexter too. I miss my DGDogs. I could do with a furry cuddle.

NfkDumpling Mon 20-Apr-20 11:38:52

Morning All

Very bright and very, very breezy in the north of Norfolk and the wind from the north east is decidedly chilly. The garden is still looking good and the first blackbird babies have appeared. Its all lovely to look at, but I do so wish we could join the ranks of the daily walkers striding past the house!

DH and I are fighting over a particularly annoying jigsaw puzzle at the moment. A street map of Norwich. All those roads, streets and pavements looking the same!

Happy Birthday BlueSapphire. I hope you have a lovely day.

And big squidgy (((hugs))) for Gilly.

Kalu Mon 20-Apr-20 11:32:17

Good morning Mick and all where the sun is shining again in Glasgow. Pleased to hear the sun is out for you again Urmstongran it certainly makes us cheerier than a dull day.

I was all gung ho and so engrossed working in the garden yesterday I stupidly overdid it and boy, I am suffering with an aching body and both arms full of scratches as I worked amongst shrubs with a short sleeved top on??‍♀️. Full strength co-codamol to the rescue along with a sharp reminder I am not a spring chicken?

Happy Birthday to you BlueSapphire. What a lovely gesture from your neighbour. Enjoy your bubbly juice?? To your good health.
Loved the photo of a happy baby Mybirthdragon
Sorry to hear you had such a wobble Dragonfly. Fingers crossed all goes well for Dexter at the vets.
I well remember a few awful inondations when we lived in southern France Grandmafrench. Took us days to clear the mud it left behind.

Love and strength to you dear gilly ?

Have the best day possible everyone.

moggie Mon 20-Apr-20 11:14:27

Good morning from sunny & breezy Nottingham.
Washing out & gardening to do.
Had a walk in local park y’day afternoon, quite busy but plenty of space.
Happy birthday BlueSapphireflowers
Hope you have a better day Dragonfly & Dexter improving
Lovely, cute baby Mythbirth
Soda bread as an idea to use up milk Marydoll
Thoughts with Gillybob & her family.
Have a good day everyone

Taichinan Mon 20-Apr-20 11:04:55

Good morning everyone. It's another day of glorious sunshine on the Angus coast - not a cloud in the sky. It's so easy to be cheerful on days like this, isn't it. But Urmstongran someone I know in Spain posted pics of hailstones yesterday and said there was spectacular thunder and lightning too, so maybe that will end your bad run of grey ?. I shall do more grass cutting and bed weeding today, and some tai chi in the sun by the pond. I also have a Tesco delivery after lunch. A good way to start another week. Have already had a WhatsApp chat with two of the DCs. DS2 is military and currently "flying from home" so is digging a pond out in his back garden, while DD, who always works from home, disappeared at 9.03 saying "Ooops! Late for work!". The three DGCs still at school are back at lessons today bemoaning the fact that they're getting the down side of school (schoolwork) without the upside (being with all their friends). Poor things, and they're all being so good and patient. As are we of course, aren't we Gransnetters. My thoughts as always are with those who are finding this incarceration difficult, for whatever reason. Please have the best day you can. ???