Gransnet forums

Chat

Do you ever wonder why...

(10 Posts)
DanniRae Mon 27-Apr-20 14:04:08

I remember watching someone from Love Island on Loose Women. She was very attractive except when she smiled she had plainly only had the front, top teeth 'done'! The rest looked a terrible colour in comparison. In the words of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman "Big Mistake - Huge!!"
(Sorry if you don't recognise this quote from the film - It's one of my favourite bits in an excellent film smile)

grandMattie Mon 27-Apr-20 10:47:01

Oh yes... my dentist said they have to eat while food only, otherwise their teeth stain. No red wine then ☹️

Chestnut Mon 27-Apr-20 10:43:03

I seem to notice people's teeth in old movies now because they were normal! We are so used to seeing perfect white gnashers these days it really catches my attention when their teeth are off-white or uneven.

kittylester Mon 27-Apr-20 10:27:15

The also had a hair transplant type thing Gabriella

GabriellaG54 Mon 27-Apr-20 10:26:50

? Is this a good look?

GabriellaG54 Mon 27-Apr-20 10:19:35

You can see the clip on today's news items. Wear shades.

GabriellaG54 Mon 27-Apr-20 10:17:54

I think someone should say 'clippety' to Klopp. He's needed a haircut since forever.

Calendargirl Mon 27-Apr-20 10:16:30

Have not noticed, but will keep a look out now.
Interesting how famous people from years ago often had awful teeth, in the days before cosmetic dentistry.
Wonder if the Queen Mother would have hers done nowadays. Camilla must have had a bit of work on her teeth, as she used to have a bit of a gap between her front ones, not like that now.

kittylester Mon 27-Apr-20 10:14:40

I hate them, gabriella. Though I do have a soft spot for Klopp.

GabriellaG54 Mon 27-Apr-20 10:12:27

.. so many people on TV (prob elsewhere too) have blindingly white gnashers on the top but the old tombstones on the bottom.
Having just clicked on Eammon and Ruth in video conversation with a counselling? couple, I heard him remark about the guy's haircut (it's dire)
When Nick Speakman opened his mouth I was almost blinded. He'd obviously had a lot of work done on his top set, including filing, but a glimpse of his lower lot showed the graveyard.
The sparklers were in direct contrast to his worn face and terrible hair.
I think they look incongruous if they're too white and even.
Shades of Cowell and Klopp...