Gransnet forums

Chat

MAY is my favourite month- what’s yours and why

(18 Posts)
May7 Mon 04-May-20 13:24:18

As my user name suggests May is my favourite month. For lots of reasons but mostly because our woods are full of bluebells. It reminds me of when I was a child and played amongst them. They have such a distinctive smell. You don’t notice them at first then one day it’s just WOW.
Managed to get to the woods and took this photo. Photography is not my forte as you will see

BlueSky Mon 04-May-20 13:33:03

My favourite month is June. Beginning of summer, promise of long days outdoors, usually the first of our trips abroad. We can finally wear our lightweight clothes and sandals!

MiniMoon Mon 04-May-20 13:35:58

I love May too. The bluebell woods are wonderful. As children we could walk to one wood that was wonderful in Spring time. I took this picture two or three years ago. I do t live near enough now. We would have to make an unnecessary journey to get there.

I don't have a particular favourite month, but Summer is my favourite season.

Alima Mon 04-May-20 15:21:10

Mine is May as well. Reminds me of happy childhood days wandering through Bluebell woods, lived in a pub at the time called The Bluebell. Love May in the garden, all that planting to get stuck into. Generally a gentle month weatherwise and lovely and light. Being mercenary when I worked I loved May as it was book-ended by two bank holidays. My birthday month too.

AGAA4 Mon 04-May-20 15:40:00

I love September. The beginning of Autumn, my favourite season.

timetogo2016 Mon 04-May-20 15:46:19

I`m with you on that one AGAA4.
Me and H love going for a drive and just look at all the trees turning.happy days.
I should like May but it`s the month i get older.

Puzzler61 Mon 04-May-20 15:52:47

My favourite month is April.
It holds an array of flowers that are give such a showy display of colour after the dark, dank winter.
Snowdrops, daffodils, grape hyacinths, tulips, primroses, bluebells and cowslips and then the gorgeous tinged blossoms that appear on the boughs of trees.
And the sun has a pleasant hint of warmth but not the drying heat of summer days.

EllanVannin Mon 04-May-20 16:01:59

I like May because the days are lighter for longer. Then I also like September, the gateway to Autumn.

Chestnut Mon 04-May-20 16:06:12

Bluebells are also my favourite, so definitely May for me. Not only a promise of warm summer days to come but most of all, the trees are full of beautiful bright green leaves which look so young and fresh.

rafichagran Mon 04-May-20 16:19:42

December for me, Christmas, two Grandchildrens birthdays,my beautiful real Christmas tree.
Boots and jumper weather, and I love walking in the winter season.
I also love snow, I walk to work, marvel at how clean and bright everything looks. Just a shame for me we dont get it that often.

SirChenjin Mon 04-May-20 16:29:56

July - summer finally hits here so the weather is (usually) warm, the days are ridiculously long and the schools have just broken up so we’re usually off on our hols (although sadly not this year for obvious reasons) - if we’re staying in the UK the English schools haven’t broken up by then so the beaches are nice and quiet.

GabriellaG54 Mon 04-May-20 17:44:08

Thinking about it I couldn't choose. I find something to delight me in every month.
Even cold blustery days when I'm glad to be indoors, cooking warming food and snuggled in a downy bed listening to the wind howl, seeing trees bend double and watching logs crackle into life on the hearth.
Yes, I enjoy every day and don't wish for the months to whizz by.

grandMattie Mon 04-May-20 17:47:03

I like most months except August (too hot and dry) and January/February (too cold and dreary). Love April and May, love October...

jusnoneed Mon 04-May-20 18:40:56

September, the autumn colours starting to appear is always lovely for me.
The heat (if we've had any) has mostly gone which makes me happy as I hate it.

Grannybags Mon 04-May-20 20:47:58

January, then I know I've survived Christmas and there's a whole year before I have to do it again!

CherryCezzy Mon 04-May-20 23:13:57

Love them all except February.

grannyactivist Tue 05-May-20 01:10:39

The autumn is my favourite season and I have always loved September. As a child I hated the long summer holidays and was always relieved when September arrived and I could return to school. I love the crispness in the air, the changing colours of nature, the shorter nights and the lead up to Christmas.

Washerwoman Tue 05-May-20 05:26:17

January too.Love the feeling of a whole New Year ahead and the return to normality after the hype and hoopla of Xmas.Also April/May for the loveliness of the garden as everything unfurl and is vibrantly fresh and green.September and the start of Autumn as the height of summer is my least favourite season -either too hot and garden parched or disappointingly cold and wet.