Gransnet forums

Chat

You better stay away from my house....

(7 Posts)
Artdecogran Wed 06-May-20 17:50:38

Or alternative title, how long does it take one person to eat a whole Savoy cabbage?

Answer, every day for a week ?

Bathsheba Wed 06-May-20 18:23:27

Haha, so you won't be having any trouble social distancing then! grin

H1954 Wed 06-May-20 18:29:21

Ooh! Savoy cabbage! Yummy! One of my favourite veggies along with broccoli, cauliflower, spring greens, kale, spinach etc. Yes it's windy in my house occasionally ????

Gaunt47 Wed 06-May-20 18:29:48

Absolutely! I've been eating a lot of garlic.

Alishka Thu 07-May-20 20:07:34

Artdecogran that's a bit like the hay eating horse question at school, you know the one "if one horse can eat x bales of hay in y days, how many days do z horses...?etc"..and I refer you to the answer I wrote back then "impossible to answer!.Some horses eat more than other horses" Perfect sense to my 12yr old brain..
But back to your cabbage, using the same principle...how big was it?grin
Me, tho, I'd eat what I want for that meal and shred,blanch, portion and freeze the restgrin
Sorted!

Hetty58 Thu 07-May-20 20:19:41

Getting through a family sized fruit and veg box has been a real challenge. I'm down to a large white cabbage (very nice chopped with apple and sultanas as salad) and a sad looking swede that I keep meaning to cook and mash.

phoenix Thu 07-May-20 21:20:11

On the very odd occasion that Mr P makes lunch, it is always cheese and onion sandwiches! At least with lockdown we aren't breathing onion breath on others!