Gransnet forums

Chat

Oh the irony!

(15 Posts)
lovingit Wed 13-May-20 21:40:28

My wonderful happy dog(springer cross german shepherd) has kept me sane during these dreadful times. The morning walk through the woods is a great way to start the day and as I live alone seeing the other dog walkers is a big bonus.My son has often called him my' therapy dog'.
So, its damn ironic that after crashing into my leg chasing his ball, I can hardly walk!
He now gets picked up for his walk with friends through the woods as I limp from sofa to bed to kitchen.

Yesterday ,instead of my usual 8/9000 steps I managed 347
painful steps thanks to my 'therapy dog'.

CanadianGran Wed 13-May-20 22:03:35

Hope you feel better soon and get back to walking. The joy your dog brings to your life will outlast the time out with the injury!

Too bad you couldn't train him to bring you a cup of tea and a snack!

lemongrove Wed 13-May-20 22:29:53

Hope you recover soon.?An interesting mix ( your dog) post a pic on here of him?
Some dogs are just so enthusiastic they literally bowl you over ( Springers!)

lovingit Thu 14-May-20 15:53:37

Kieth

lovingit Thu 14-May-20 15:54:54

Not the best pic but it captures him well

AGAA4 Thu 14-May-20 15:58:01

Good looking dog. Kieth must be missing you on his walks. Hope you can join him soon.

Puzzler61 Thu 14-May-20 16:01:06

Oh dear clumsy Keith! Ouch, I bet it’s painful.
Rest up till it eases lovingit and you’ll soon be bounding
around on walks together again.

sodapop Thu 14-May-20 20:24:06

Sorry to hear about your injury lovingit hope your leg heals soon and Kieth is suitably apologetic.

Fennel Thu 14-May-20 20:43:10

The photo looks like he's saying "Sorry!"
Hope you will be out again soon lovingit.

H1954 Thu 14-May-20 21:31:07

Oh dear, lovingit, that's really unfortunate! And I dare say, if Keith had the logically reasoning to understand what he was responsible for he would be really upset! Handsome looking dog too! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

lovingit Fri 15-May-20 17:01:29

Thankyou for your kind words. My leg is still painful but it's brought home how wonderful people are .One of my dog walker friends collects Keith each morning and takes him out with her dogs, another has bought me a knee brace ,both neighbours noticed the car hadn't moved and asked what they could do to help,girls at the stable are taking care of my horse and I've just had a jigsaw in the post!!
This has been the first time during the lockdown that I have had to be housebound usually it was dog walk in the morning and stables each afternoon.
To all you ladies who are staying in each day I salute you, it's such a long day,well done.

kathsue Fri 15-May-20 17:42:12

I have the same problem but in reverse!

My border x lakeland terrier crashed into me but she came off worse and is now limping around on 3 legs. I've sent a video of her gait to the vet but the earliest they can see her is next Wednesday (the accident happened last Saturday).

She's only allowed 10 mins exercise at a time so I'm not getting anywhere near my 8000 steps either. I know I could walk without her but it's just not the same, is it.

Callistemon Fri 15-May-20 17:47:40

Ah, he's saying that he didn't mean it.

One of DD's dogs has a habit of doing that, she somehow floored DD last week, apparently; she is still very exuberant.
Both ok though, but DD said she had to lie there for a bit as she was winded.

I hope you recover soon

hellymart Fri 15-May-20 17:48:40

Ouch! I know how much it hurts when a dog crashes into your leg. My spaniel (much smaller dog than yours) crashed into mine last year, racing at top speed - only bruised it but owww, it really hurt (she was fine!). Hope you recover quickly!

HAZBEEN Fri 15-May-20 18:13:17

9 years ago I was hit from behind by 2 dogs chasing a third. I felt the impact and then I saw my feet above me and the sky. Came down on my back head bounce a few times off the ground. I was only out for my daily exercise after a knee op! I ended up at the hospital nothing was broken but I was bruised from head to bum! Also had whiplash! The worst thing was it was 2 police sniffer dogs off lead being exercised!