Gransnet forums

Chat

Simple pleasures

(12 Posts)
EllanVannin Fri 15-May-20 20:41:18

I heard a blackbird at 10pm last night. Something must have disturbed it at that time.

Missfoodlove Fri 15-May-20 20:14:43

We can see the “ Fox family” on our cctv.
Just lovely.

Grandma70s Fri 15-May-20 19:23:22

I have a blackbird concert most evenings. So lovely.

My son has goldfinches nesting in his wisteria. I am envious.

MattJo Thu 14-May-20 15:57:33

We don't have a garden, just a yard with lots of pots. The honeysuckle will be out soon and, then, the bees will move on from the rosemary (which they are enjoying now).

Teetime Thu 14-May-20 15:27:28

We have a couple of blackbirds who sing beautifully here. The other birds have all gone now since we saw a rat hanging off the birdfeeder and had to take it down. we are quite close to the railway so I think he came from there. DH has fixed him though!

vampirequeen Thu 14-May-20 15:27:05

Our bird feeder entertains and lifts the spirits of our neighbours and ourselves. The squirrels are hysterical as they try to get to the suet blocks and peanuts. I love the squabbling starlings, the flocking sparrows, the bossy robin, all the little brown jobs, the magpies, jackdaws and even the crows. My favourite atm is a single dad (blackbird) who has successfully fledged two chicks. They still harass him constantly for food. He feeds them even when they're actually standing in the seed tray and chases off any other blackbird which dares to try to invade his territory. Poor thing must be exhausted but he keeps going.

LightAmber Thu 14-May-20 15:25:53

We've got a woodpecker, a white owl, Canada geese, moorhens and ducks on our lake at the moment. Plus pigeons, doves, jackdaws, thrushes, blue tits blackbirds and a robin in our garden.

I feel privileged to see them. smile

SalsaQueen Thu 14-May-20 15:21:57

I love to see and hear the birds in the garden. We get 4 squirrels, too, and a hedgehog.

AGAA4 Thu 14-May-20 15:03:25

There are baby rabbits in our car park. No cars going out much so they seem to have taken over. So much nicer without cars.

Barmeyoldbat Thu 14-May-20 15:00:05

We have a blackbird that struts around our lawn, looking around and seeing whats going on. Lovely little pleasures.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 14-May-20 14:11:47

It's the simple little things which keep us going and not only in these strange times. There is much solace to be found in nature.

MattJo Thu 14-May-20 13:58:27

This little fellow sings his heart out all day long. He seems to have taken a liking to us as he's been with us for a couple of weeks. He really cheers me up. Just saying...