Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Frieday

(3 Posts)
Jane10 Fri 15-May-20 19:48:13

Am enjoying my Tanqueray and tonic as I type. It's not the Tanqueray 10 though. That is very special stuff. It's a higher alcohol proof so you don't need as much according to DH so it's economical apparently. hmm
Just had an M&S lasagne. Not very nice. I didn't finish it.
Very bright and sunny here but still chilly. Here's a pic of our garden at the flats.

Megs36 Fri 15-May-20 18:21:33

Sorry Rufus that you didn’t get your fish supper. A fish shop near me has started delivering, first take away for us today, hate to rub it in but large cod and chips was delish ??
Have a good day. ??

Rufus2 Fri 15-May-20 15:14:03

Traditional day for Chish and Fips, but sadly nobody here to nip down to the Chippery for me. Had to make do with chicken parmigiana! Must really get my Air Fryer out of its box, which I bought months ago! hmm
Freezing cold this morning, 3C, felt like -3., but did turn out to be a warmish, 16C, day.
Sorry to torment you with the sad beer tale yesterday, but every cloud has a silver lining and fortunately it was only a Queensland brew, XXXX, which they obviously couldn't give away, so down the drain it went; probably knocked off a few sharks! grin
Jane 10 One advantage with being a member of GN is that it's possible to learn something new every day, especially about "posh"living.! Had to check up "Tanqueray"; never heard about it until now and find it's a posh name for Gin and also that we have "Tanqueray 10" for $64.95 a bottle! shock Definitely for sipping and not guzzling!
We are gradually having some of the "lockdown" shackles slackened off even though some Corvid cases still pop up, especially at the abattoir, now closed.
Football is due to re-start in a matter of weeks, albeit behind closed doors initially I think I guess they're under pressure from TV.
Spoke with our Michelle (B'mouth}) last evening telling me that British Airways are re-adjusting their situation regarding Gatwick and Heathrow Virgin Aus. now gone and we are hoping something comes to take its place, otherwise it's goodbye to competition and competitive air fares if Qantas runs the show. sad
Now Saturday and not getting any warmer!
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo.