Gransnet forums

Chat

When did you last.........?

(55 Posts)
Daddima Mon 18-May-20 16:43:21

1) Run.
2) Have a really hearty laugh.
3) Sing in public ( i.e. not in the bath!)
4) Tasted something you’ve never tasted before.

For me it’s -

1) Can’t remember.

2) About a month ago, listening to my friend tell me about one of her ( many) catastrophes.

3) Last time at Mass before lockdown.

4) Well before lockdown, I tried salted caramel sauce. I could easily have eaten the whole jar!

Davida1968 Tue 19-May-20 09:57:51

1.) Can't remember!
2.) Yesterday, while looking at something online with DH.
3.) At the recent celebration for VE day - singing outside with the neighbours (suitably distanced!).
4.) Recently tasted the sloe-and-blueberry gin that I made in January - it's delicious!

Flakesdayout Tue 19-May-20 09:58:26

1. Does running up the stairs count?

2. Probably a week or so ago.

3. Never in public but quite a lot round the house. I talk to myself too.

4. Trying to remember

Coconut Tue 19-May-20 10:01:08

1. I sprinted yesterday across a field as my friend and I were being chased by cows ???‍♀️???‍♀️ We had socially distanced ourselves from them but they were having none of it !
2. Laugh: yesterday as we practically did a Fosbury flop over a fence to escape the herd ! we were hysterical !
3. I sang to my grandson just now “ how do you like your eggs in the morning, I like mine with a kiss” ? only to be told that he is too old for that sort of thing now ? aged 13.
4. Yesterday DD made a beetroot risotto for dinner.... I’ll call it “interesting”.

Sarahmob Tue 19-May-20 10:10:51

1. I tried a couple of weeks ago and failed miserably

2. When I saw my grandson who had been playing in the garden and covered himself head to toe with soil

3. The Sunday before lockdown

4. Potato and rosemary pizza (not impressed!)

starbird Tue 19-May-20 10:22:11

Yesterday when I listened to a repeat of “I’m sorry I haven’t a Clue”

Justwidowed Tue 19-May-20 10:33:19

Chasing grandchildren 20 years ago.
2 Last night when I switched ITV on at 10pm and saw a fully naked football team.!
3 Never since told to mime at convent school
4 Snails in garlic butter on a cruise.
Horrible.

Beanie654321 Tue 19-May-20 10:35:28

1. Yesterday
2. Yesterday with hubby
3. Never, if I did you would have to run.
4. Last Saturday, we are eating vegan meals 3 times a week so trying new recipies.

Leah50 Tue 19-May-20 10:44:27

1. Not with my 48" bust. 2. Laughed so hard I nearly choked at my grandkids "putting on a show". 3. Many years ago in a Spanish Karaoke Bar. 4. Yesterday, made a black bean stir-fry from scratch.

BStP Tue 19-May-20 10:51:23

1. Yesterday up and down stairs
2. Yesterday at whats app sent by grandkids
3. Often but badly when listening to radio
4. Beetroot brownies...not keen!

grannypiper Tue 19-May-20 10:58:42

1, last time i really had to run properly was Johhny the bull managed to get out of his field just as i was turning into the lane.

2.last Friday, watching Gogglebox

3,The night of lockdown

4,Guinness and wont be trying it again

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 19-May-20 11:05:32

1) Last year when my small GS escaped, very difficult 'cause I was recovering from a broken leg

2) Just now having watched Minimoon's clip

3) singing in church before Lockdown

4) after making a natural antibiotic (contains ginger, cinnamon, lemon juice, chilli powder and honey)
Gruesome!!

henetha Tue 19-May-20 11:08:36

1. Running at age 82 with two artificial knees is not possible!
2. Last evening when watching Grayson Perry's art programme. Oh, and a funny whatsapp video this morning.
3. I sing round the house, there's no public here, luckily for them.
4. I'm trying to be vegetarian. Tried making a vegetable curry recently, it was just about edible...but lacked something, - meat!

Aepgirl Tue 19-May-20 11:27:45

1. Not since leaving school - I hated running as it always made my ankles hurt.

2. Yesterday on FaceTime with my lovely grandson.

3. Last week on VE Day when all the neighbours stood outside and sang along with Vera Lynn.

4. Can’t remember. My brain has gone to mush.

Agranbytheendofthesummer Tue 19-May-20 11:49:22

1) This morning; I’m on week 4 of Couch To 5k. I used to run half marathons in my 50s but haven’t run for about 6 years.
2) Yesterday evening watching ‘Would I Lie to You’.
3) All the time to the radio
4) Malteaser Cake yesterday ?

Grandma70s Tue 19-May-20 12:12:03

1) I can’t remember. These days, it’s all I can do to walk.

2) Yesterday on the phone to my son. I was reading him a letter I had received, and he said I sounded like Geoffrey Fairbrother from Hi de Hi reading aloud one of Joe Maplin’s letters. I just couldn’t stop laughing, because I could hear exactly what he meant.

3) I sing a bit around the flat, but that’s not really in public. I used to be a good singer but it has entirely gone.

4) Can’t think of anything recently.

Saggi Tue 19-May-20 12:34:39

1. Last week.
2. Yesterday watching QI... if you haven’t watched it , you’re missing out on belly laugh!
3. Never !!
4. 2 weeks ago ....it was hummus!

grandtanteJE65 Tue 19-May-20 12:35:43

1) About six years ago.
2) A week ago, can't remember now what DH said
3) Last time I went to Mass
4) Last weekend, tried out a new dish from a new cookery book. Not a success.

Mollygo Tue 19-May-20 12:39:46

1. A while ago, but I’ve jogged a bit recently.

2. Saturday, whilst watching the innkeeper song in Les Misérables.

3. March just before lockdown.

4. Last week when I bought some cheese- stuffed spicy red peppers recommended by DD. How could I have missed them all these years?

choughdancer Tue 19-May-20 13:15:47

1) Can't remember.
2) The day before yesterday listening to repeats of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue
3) Before lockdown at a singing group I go too, although walking on Friday I did sing quietly as no one was in sight!
4) Quinoa crisps about a month ago..

Babs758 Tue 19-May-20 13:39:11

1) can’t remember!
2) Sunday evening listening to episode one of Cabin Pressure - especially as we have a “Brian” in the family
3) on VE Day with my neighbours. Sang and played violin from a socially safe physical and audible (!) distance
4) tried out a Goan curry Sauce from Spice Taylor and added ginger, cumin,garlic and coconut milk to the Sauce and served with chicken and saffron basmati rice. Hubby loved it!

Babs758 Tue 19-May-20 13:40:29

Ps - fun post. The answers are cheering me up. Off to inspect our bedknobs for elf and safety!

Kim19 Tue 19-May-20 14:23:17

1. This morning in the back garden. VERY private practice!
2. This morning with cousin as we just generally chatted and reminisced. Crazy but good.
3. Church. 15th March.
4. Yesterday. Processed meal from bargain rack in S. Steak with pasta. Uh, uh. Not to be repeated.

HillyN Tue 19-May-20 15:01:27

1. A gentle jog in the garden a few days ago.
2. The night before last at something on TV, but I'm sorry I can't remember what it was now. Never was any good at remembering jokes!
3. At church before lockdown. I sing along to the hymns during our virtual services each Sunday with the window open- does that count?
4. Lidl's Lime and Elderflower fruit crush. Delicious.

Missiseff Tue 19-May-20 15:07:10

At school, under sufference, over 40 years ago.
Can't remember.
V.E Day celebrations.
The new lemon flavoured gin a few weeks ago. Didn't like it, but tried the whole bottle just to be sure (though not all at once)

Sussexborn Tue 19-May-20 15:17:15

1) Run. Probably 10 years ago when I saw the bus coming. Now I let it go past and wait for the next one.

2) Have a really hearty laugh. During FaceTime with the family. DS was trying to show off GD’s new skills and she made it clear she is not a performing monkey! She waited for him to give up then went through her new range unprompted.

3) Sing in public ( i.e. not in the bath!). Had a choirmaster at a WI meeting just before Christmas and it was amazing what she achieved in one meeting.

4) Tasted something you’ve never tasted before. Halloumi at a barbecue and been unsuccessfully trying to recreate it for nearly a year now.