Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Wednesday

(3 Posts)
rafichagran Wed 27-May-20 18:56:38

A blip there, I posted on yesterday's thread instead of today's, anyway good evening Rufus.

Aldom Wed 27-May-20 18:39:40

Hello Rufus2. Just posted on the previous day, grr. How are you today. Yes the wine was white, Prosecco actually. I guess you're a red wine person Rufus2. Another wonderful summer day here in South East England. I have family in NSW on the coast and have visited 3 times. Very enjoyable. A relaxing way of life there. I am watching Boris, the PM on TV as I type. It doesn't sound as if he has any intention of sacking Dom Cummings. Hope to pop by again tomorrow. Stay safe and well.

Rufus2 Wed 27-May-20 13:13:11

Hello Everyone.
First up, Welcome Aldom. You’re right! This thread doesn’t attract many visitors 'cos it originates in OZ and by definition some members don’t look in, fearing a lack of kulture!
But fear not, they don’t know what they’re missing! grin
It’s also free (hopefully) of DIL, SIL, and Medical etc anecdotes! You’ll find all that on the Good Morning thread. Although we can’t avoid swapping notes on such an important topic as Covid 19. We are still getting cases popping up here and there. Now we have a “live-trade” ship in Fremantle with problems and the usual blame game of poor communications.
Btw. to avoid me putting my foot in it (again), are you in England? I assume so, having to chill your wine and obviously not a red! shock
Thank you Lemongrove; I moved on from Barnsley to Bradford “The Curry Capital of Britain”; it used to be a favourite destination for migrants from Pakistan and probably still is.
Talking kulture! there is a prime example of the Yorkshire variety in yesterday’s Yorkshire Post complete with photos of the latest Bank Holiday festivities at and near Goathland.
I’m on the mailing list of the NYMR newsletter, so I assume it will carry further details; not that it will help to eliminate the feeling of disgust.
Rubbish left everywhere, including broken glass, nappies *and even THONGS!
Obviously there were no Aussies involved because they wouldn’t be so stupid as to walk about with bare feet amongst all that broken glass!
I also discovered that Edinburgh was voted the best and Bradford and Hull the worst; forgotten what for! confused
Another pleasant day here! Chilly mornings, but if you can resist the urge to get out of bed other than for a nature call, it’s quite pleasant by 9.00am.
I do miss that cup of tea in bed, though!
Must away! Still 2 hours of Tuesday left, but things to do.
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo