Gransnet forums

Chat

I’m feeling really, really miserable so I’ve bought

(112 Posts)
morethan2 Wed 27-May-20 17:45:07

Three moody blues cd’s.
Tony Blackburn played a track on Saturday and it bought back memories of our ‘courting days’ At one time we owned all their L.P’s. If I don’t cheer up soon I may just buy Neil Diamond.
Anyone else bought something they don’t need to cheer themselves up.

Alishka Thu 28-May-20 14:27:29

sandelf enjoy your Alex.M'Coll Smith bookssmile What a lovely man! and I hope he accepts my invitation to my Fantasy Dinner Partygrin
I've just bought a new kettle. Can vaguely remember schoolgirl physics and that water+electricity are Not a Good Mix, so I've got another being delivered tomorrow. Oh! and a toaster.My current toaster is the grill part of my top oven so it'll be lovely to not have those burn marks on my wrists any more. How long do you reckon it'll take them to fade?grin

Nanna58 Thu 28-May-20 14:05:50

Plants, plants, more plants, a tree , garden lights, water lilies, - anyone spotting a trend here?

Dooper Thu 28-May-20 14:03:21

Loved radio Caroline and the moody blues love fleetwood Mac too

Knittynatter Thu 28-May-20 13:57:01

I saved £200 the first month - no fuel, coffees, lunches out.
I’ve spent that and more this month!! ?‍♀️

GreenGran78 Thu 28-May-20 13:06:20

I’ve bought a few books, a gadget to help me open tight-fitting lids, and some silicone pan-scrubbers which can be sterilised in the microwave. Oh, and some turmeric capsules to keep arthritis at bay. I’ve been taking them for a year. I’m not sure if it’s down to them, or not, but I’m keeping very fit.
Apart from those few exciting things, all I have ordered are a couple of tops from a local company for my 3 year old Aussie granddaughter. She’s mad about ‘Frozen’, so will be delighted with them, I hope. They will make up for the hand-knitted sweater which I posted off in February, which has still not arrived, much to her disgust.

Rosiebee Thu 28-May-20 12:59:58

A radio, a cake tin, a new case for my new phone to match my Kindle case - Starry starry nights design -, a cross stitch kit and a subscription to a magazine.

helgawills Thu 28-May-20 12:56:50

Van Morrison's Avalon Sunset, as new from Amazon, new one was over £40! Best song on there These are the days, heavenly!

Growing0ldDisgracefully Thu 28-May-20 12:56:43

Lots of craft purchases, even though I've already got lots of craft stuff on the go. I've bought a couple of diamond painting kits, now just waiting for the storage box I've ordered to keep all the tiny little bits in. Something I've not tried before is my justification!

GrammaH Thu 28-May-20 12:13:31

Blinko I bought a Bombshell dress to add to my collection. I just love them! So beautifully made & so flattering. I got the hyacinth Grace one, the style is my favourite. Whuch have you gone for?

sandelf Thu 28-May-20 11:58:09

Two Alexander McCall Smith books (I've never read one of his and not finished it feeling that the world is a good place). Better summer walking sandals, and a builders bag of topsoil!

paperbackbutterfly Thu 28-May-20 11:52:55

I splashed out on Groupon colour change garden solar lights. I can't go out so I've made my garden pretty. It's lovely to sit out in the evening with a glass of wine

Forestflame Thu 28-May-20 11:49:11

Some CDs (using gift vouchers), a blouse and some undies (all with a discount). Music is one of life's essentials as far as I am concerned.

Camy Thu 28-May-20 11:48:07

On the Justin Hayward theme, his mum taught me domestic science at school, as it was called in the good old days.

busyb Thu 28-May-20 11:47:47

I bought decking! I was saving up to give the garden a makeover but realised now is important, so ordered wood and plants anyway. Luckily my ds was in self isolation with us and happy to do the work. I am so happy with it now.

Millieangel Thu 28-May-20 11:45:25

I've been treating myself to some new tops. Can't wait to go out & wear them!!
As for the music, can't do without it. Keeps me sane. xxxx?

Blinko Thu 28-May-20 11:44:53

I've just ordered a Bombshell dress for when things get back to 'normal'. Bombshell

annifrance Thu 28-May-20 11:43:15

Yesterday I dug out some CDs that my ex had burnt and sent to me of LPs we had back in the day. I'm now listening to Bob Dylan's Nashville Skyline and it's playing one of my all time favourites, Lay Lady Lay. Reminds me of those halcyon Oxford days when we had first got together. No regrets (I have two beautiful children from him).

kittylester Thu 28-May-20 11:37:09

dragonfly, we've got one of those. It's DH's favourite toy.

Notright Thu 28-May-20 11:36:33

Who says you don't need a Neil Diamond CD. If it brings you pleasure get it. I've been listening to Magic and their 500 best songs countdown. Talk about memories. Beautiful. Buy it.

shysal Thu 28-May-20 11:30:24

I was fed up with watering all my new plants, so bought an occillating sprinkler. Tried it for the first time this morning, it can water my garden and those either side all at the same time! Tempted to stand underneath it to cool off!
Money well spent.

Lizj Thu 28-May-20 11:27:27

A pair of Jimmy Choo trainers. I’ve bought no new clothes or shoes or coffees , lunches, fuel etc Since 26 th March so I treated myself.

dragonfly46 Thu 28-May-20 11:25:50

I bought a gizmo for burning the weeds between the paving stones. I have had loads of fun with it although have steered away from the cars on the drive!

LinAnn52 Thu 28-May-20 11:23:03

I’ve just taken delivery of a new Smart tv for the kitchen. The old one was crackling a bit when first switched on, so it wasn’t a hard decision to buy a new one. I’ve also had craft materials from Hobbycraft and some items from M & S sale. It’s quite exciting, waiting for parcels when you haven’t been near a shop for more than two months!

TanaMa Thu 28-May-20 11:21:00

Just had my new combi microwave delivered. Bought a new one in December which exploded on me. Offered a replacement or refund but couldn't do either with shops closed. Ordered the same item online for less money and it has arrived! Will now have to get refund on original when shop is open again.

GB2020 Thu 28-May-20 11:19:45

I sent letterbox flowers to my 2 daughters a few weeks ago as I was missing seeing them and thought they would cheer them up.