Gransnet forums

Chat

HRT: Husband Replacement Therapy

(12 Posts)
lemongrove Sat 30-May-20 21:19:22

Philip Larkin once said that he would like to see China, but only if he could get there and back in a day.?

BlueSky Sat 30-May-20 20:03:02

Only kidding Rufus nothing and nobody could replace my DH ! cheers to you too! (in moderation) wine
Wow Ladymuck ! Seems a great idea when I see alternative travel programs on TV then in reality we are back to good old EasyJet and Booking.com, that's as adveturous as we get. At the moment even Benidorm seems adventurous! sunshine

ladymuck Sat 30-May-20 16:31:12

There was a time when I fancied doing a Ulysses and exploring the Med in a boat. I've spent the money on something else now.

Callistemon Sat 30-May-20 16:16:34

There are many places I'd like to visit; DH has seen many of them but I still have itchy feet.

However, what I need is for someone to invent a safe form of teleportation.

Rufus2 Sat 30-May-20 15:46:07

perhaps your DH could go off in a boat with mine
BlueSky I hope you realise this thread is tongue-in-cheek! grin If not, who/what do you intend to replace DH with?
Cheers wine Only one in moderation, it's Sunday!

BlueSky Sat 30-May-20 14:10:48

Meryl perhaps your DH could go off in a boat with mine! He too would like to sell up and live on a boat sailing the Med! I've done my fair share of travel so been there bought the t shirt! At the moment though I would like to go travelling again just because we can't! Always a rebel without a cause me!

Rainwashed Sat 30-May-20 13:40:01

Never heard of the author, but she could be on to something.

MerylStreep Sat 30-May-20 13:28:50

It's the other way round in this house men want to stay at home and nest
OH has been looking at a boat for sale in Marseille. It's a class of boat we both love. It's been up for sale a long time and has come down in price a lot.
This mornings idea was that we sell up and go travelling again in this boat.
I don't want to know anymore. I love my bungalow, my garden, and my neighbours. He didn't push the idea ?
I'm lucky that I can get my boat fix with friends boats.

shysal Sat 30-May-20 13:09:56

Going off piste a little:
A surgeon at the hospital where I worked used the term 'husband retention therapy'. He had an unfortunate attitude towards women.

ladymuck Sat 30-May-20 12:03:04

She sounds rather a smug know-it-all. Not my kind of person.

Teetime Sat 30-May-20 11:33:33

Not really I dont enjoy Kathy Lette's writing- contrived humour and cliché ridden in my view. I think she likes to shock but doesn't quite pull it off.

Rufus2 Sat 30-May-20 11:15:53

HRT: Husband Replacement Therapy

Calling all DHs and Grandads.! A new book by an Aussie author, Kathy Lette is just out and reviewed in the Australian Seniors' Mag No cause for panic; she's offering advice to post-menopausal ladies
Quoting some of her words of wisdom;
"What happens when men age is that their oestrogen goes up and their testosterone goes down. So, men want to stay at home and nest (true!), whereas with women, as they age their oestrogen goes down and testosterone goes up, resulting in them becoming a bit more bolshie, a little bit stronger and a little bit more selfish". (also true!?).
She claims she's going to Uganda to see the mountain gorillas, then Machu Picchu in South America, then the Galapagos Islands, plus several more "daring-dos!"
She also claims she's 61, but looks much younger. Probably to give her book some credibility!
So, there you go! Any post-menopausal grannies feeling inspired.? grin
There's much more, but you'll probably all be feeling too exhausted hmm
OoRoo