Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Chewsday

(9 Posts)
Rufus2 Thu 04-Jun-20 16:02:19

I can only gather that you've had a bloomin' TIA ?
Ellan . No, I can't have! As you know, I'm on Eliquis!
Do you mean I've got 4 things to worry about now? TIA, BPPV, Deaf ear and GR? sad
I'm beginning to feel like I'm an old jalopy, bits breaking off and breaking down. Tell me it ain't so and it's all been a bad dream! Perchance to dream without nightmares!? confused
Good Health!
Cheers

EllanVannin Wed 03-Jun-20 12:56:20

Aw Rufus, I can only gather that you've had a bloomin' TIA ?. I know you'll take things easy but don't expect miracles for a number of weeks yet though I suspect you won't be going far in your winter conditions.
Does the icy blast ever reach you from Thredbo or are you too further down ( on the map ) to feel it ?

I was staying there one year when there was a terrible accident at Thredbo, can't remember whether it was a ski-lift or not or even a landslide. I know it was awful.

Keep warm fed and watered and stay put until Spring grin and keep that spirit up----not the liquid kind as it doesn't mix with blood-thinners. Cheerio for now matey.

Callistemon Wed 03-Jun-20 10:50:31

Take care Rufus and stick to the brew!!

Under the doona sounds a good, cosy place to be, it's going to get colder here and this is summer.

Jane10 Wed 03-Jun-20 10:06:21

Only just saw this thread today. Glad to hear all's well (as far as possible). It's 10 degrees here today with the prospect of a nice drizzle. My kind of weather!

Megs36 Tue 02-Jun-20 22:32:19

Good Health Rufus, , I would quite like my son or grandchild to ‘take over’, it’s always been me having to listen or ask the question on my husbands behalf , (he like you never listens ??) I sometimes wish someone else took responsibility, is this old age or just opting out !
On that note,
Take care cheers ????

Oopsadaisy3 Tue 02-Jun-20 22:07:48

Oh dear Rufus, hope you feel better soon.

BlueSky Tue 02-Jun-20 21:30:11

Hi Rufus how annoying when your children (and grandchildren) treat you like a child! Good that you are being checked. Take care.

Aldom Tue 02-Jun-20 19:31:32

Good to know you are ok Rufus2. I didn't find your posts till others told me where you had posted, so I posted on Good evening Tuesday. I doubt you can do the manoeuvre without the aid of a doctor. I collected the parcel. It is Rhus Tox & Ruta Cream, recommended by a GN lady. We both have very painful arthritis in our hands. Sleep well.

Rufus2 Tue 02-Jun-20 15:17:13

Good News! All’s well! Thank you all for your kind “Get Well Messages”
The Doc did all the tests associated with stroke diagnosis, shining a torch in my eyes, following his finger side to side , up and down, sticking a pin in me at various points asking if I felt anything and of course, up on the bench so he could run the good old stethoscope over me! Only took 30mins and $17.30 thank you very much! Good value for a good result.
ladymuck He looked in my ears, couldn’t find anything untoward, but decided to send me to an ear fellow anyway just in case! He didn’t mention the Epley manoeuvre, but I tried that on my own having read about it, but the creaking noises made by all the gravel in my neck made me stop for fear of copping a bigger problem.
Urmstongran Yes, that’s the feeling; not very nice is it, especially when you’ve not even had a drink.!?
You won’t remember, but the previous time put me into hospital on Valentine’s Day, a day to remember, and a whole battery of scans, but nothing found. Talk of “Crystals in the ear”i.e. BPPV, but that was it. No firm conclusions. Scary thing is that it can re-occur at any time as you found.

Megs No chance of overdoing things! Looking back I rather enjoyed 30 hours in bed even though I was on my own! Snug as a bug in a rug under the Doona whilst Winter duly arrived outside and now we’re in for 13C max. for days.
Meeting up with family members will be a real highlight as time goes and as some say “absence makes the heart grow fonder”
Aldom Despite what I said above, the curing of the crystals by that TV doc. could be worth a look just for interest, although doing it might be a problem. I haven’t thought of looking on YouTube, but would there be a chance of meeting him there I wonder? Must check!
fatgran Thanks"Buddy" No I'm not planning to vanish, voluntarily at least, although, like with BPPV it could happen without warning and find myself suspended again sad Glad to hear you’re well down there in Tassie, but I'll bet you're colder than us!
BlueSky Didn't mention wine of any colour! No2 Son took me to Docs and insisted on coming into surgery with me. He believes I never tell the full story after a visit to doctor! Fortunately he kept comparatively quiet and didn't make any disparaging comments about my lifestyle. Only when Doc said to drink lots of water did Ian pipe up and say “ he doesn’t like water!” I had to jump in to ask if tea and coffee qualified; yes, so other types of drink didn’t get a mention. Problem is that I have to rely on him to buy all my "sustenances" at the moment so no secrets! hmm

Maw I read that you had cleared off! Fake news!? I’d composed a eulogy for you recalling all our good verbal jousting times! What brought you back, or hadn’t you really gone? Now I’ve had to tear it up in case there’s more to come! confused
Seriously though, thank you for amplifying my reference to “elsewhere”, as I hadn’t the time to do it, and knowing that you live in N.Bucks I can understand your allegiance to London, but from here the images could have been taken in any one of dozens of cities around the world! It was Anthony Newley wasn’t it who said “Stop the World” I want to get off!
For a moment I thought I was getting off too!
Oh well!. Good to be back and Thank you all once again
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo