Gransnet forums

Chat

Video games

(8 Posts)
JackyB Sun 13-Dec-20 09:33:42

My DS were quite far apart in age, and the only time they could hold a civilised conversation all together was when they were discussing video games. We still have the Nintendo and DS1 is thinking about connecting it up for DGS. We just have to find an old cathode ray TV that works!

I never really got into it, except Tetris, which is good, because I know I would have soon become an addict.

Georgesgran Sun 13-Dec-20 01:49:27

Tetris - that takes me back. It was quite addictive - always just one more try.

I’ve never tried anything else and no-one in my family has much interest in them either. It worries me that the 16 year old over the road plays for hours and hours well into the night. He also shouts and yells, so the first time I heard him, I thought he was being attacked! It’s almost 2am and he’s still at it.

Maggiemaybe Sat 12-Dec-20 22:43:00

My DGS love it when I join them in a game of FIFA or Mario Kart. For the laughs.

The only video game I have ever mastered was Tetris, which I was addicted to back in the day. DH said it came as a blessed relief when my Gameboy gave up the ghost.

cornishpatsy Sat 12-Dec-20 21:38:22

My grandson has tried to involve me over the years from Minecraft to Fortnite but I am just no good at them.

I do love having a go with his Virtual Reality headset though.

GrandpaJoe Sat 12-Dec-20 21:07:42

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Oopsminty Sat 06-Jun-20 16:36:18

Oh yes, DonnaLee!

Since we started playing Pacman and Space Invaders many moons ago we're still playing!

We do have a PlayStation 4 amongst others and a Switch. The latter is providing great fun during this lockdown

Fortnite. Marvellous fun

Our grandsons regularly join our 'team' and we often play together. But we are quite content to play alone. In fact my husband is playing as I type!

tanith Sat 06-Jun-20 16:31:25

Used to play a lot PlayStation, Wii and VR headset but I guess I grew out of it I gave the equipment away to family.

DonnaLee57 Sat 06-Jun-20 15:19:14

I was just wondering if you ladies have ever played any perhaps with the grand kids. Mine used to get me involved with the Nintendo Wii which I must admit I really enjoyed. Nowadays I'm having fun playing with the Switch. I could never play on a PlayStation though, too old and slow for the controls lol.